Photo of waves and trails

Chris,

I suppose you find that picture remarkable in some way. Can you point your finger to what you want to transport?

Sorry, not a native English speaker.

So why do you find that picture remarkable (apart from being beautiful, in my eyes)?

Sorry, not a native English speaker.

So why do you find that picture remarkable (apart from being beautiful, in my eyes)?
well, so you believe the "contrails" (or clouds, if you like) are not there for the additive contents chemically produced to be put there?

well, so you believe the "contrails" (or clouds, if you like) are not there for the additive contents chemically produced to be put there?
What? Wait! Are you suggesting that those clouds are "on purpose"? Which clouds in particular? It looks like there are maybe 2 cloud forms there.
What do you mean by "additive contents chemically produced to be put there"?
I think, since this is your photo, you should explain a bit more about it. What happened in the sky there in the period (hours) before, and after?

Why did you not answer the question as to why you find that picture remarkable? I see possible Lee Wave action there so a location would be nice.

It's a cool picture, definitely. Fits the definition of 'useful' if it is clearly explained, regardless of Chris's actual intention.

transport? Do you mean convey? This is not transportation, but cognition. . .
cog·ni·tion
ˌkägˈniSHən/
noun
  1. 1.
    the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses.

Chris, without further information about your photo, there can't be much congnition, only observation. The onus is on you. Since you don't even mention a date, maybe you failed to record sufficient information to allow a discussion. Too bad about that, if you didn't.

I took this photo last night:

No contrails unfortunately, but a fine collection of ripples going in different directions.

A minute earlier I took a similar photo with a UFO in it:

Last edited:
If that were a plane, can you determine what height it would be from the distance it travels in your exposure time?

If that were a plane, can you determine what height it would be from the distance it travels in your exposure time?

If I knew how fast it were going, and could measure the angles accurately, then yes. But as it is, no.

Exposure time was five seconds. You can see the clouds at the top of the photo are blurred as they scud towards me.

Well if it were a passenger plane at normal cruising speed/height, you could either prove or eliminate that as a candidate by it's travel distance (I'm assuming there is a standard speed).

I took this photo last night:

A minute earlier I took a similar photo with a UFO in it:

I think your photograph of the unidentified object in the sky - should have it's own thread. Did you see the object?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your photograph of the unidentified object in the sky - should have it's own thread. Did you see the object?

It's just a plane. There are solid wingtip lights that make the lines, and then flashing lights that make the dots. Five second exposure. I did not notice it at the time, but they fly over here every few minutes on that exact same path.

It's just a plane. There are solid wingtip lights that make the lines, and then flashing lights that make the dots. Five second exposure. I did not notice it at the time, but they fly over here every few minutes on that exact same path.

Could you create this again?

Because there are photographs showing similar things as being UFO's that are being distributed to the curious and/or gullible on the internet, and a link to a site that would show how this particular kind of photo is created -- would be a good thing.

Because there are photographs showing similar things as being UFO's that are being distributed to the curious and/or gullible on the internet, and a link to a site that would show how this particular kind of photo is created -- would be a good thing.

Maybe find one or two, and stick them in the Skydentify forum?

Back