New Zealand CAA puts up "Aircraft Trails" page

Ray Von Geezer

Senior Member.
Not nit-picking (honest :D ), I notice one type of "spraying" absent from their list - cloud seeding. Anyone know if cloud seeding is banned in NZ? I appreciate cloud seeding won't leave a trail.

Ray Von

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
It should probably also mention aerodynamic contrails and not just "tip vortices" while landing. Aerodynamic contrails can occur from the full wing at 20,000+ feet [Edit: I was thinking of the persistent ones round here, of course they can occur at any flyable altitude], and can persist. Leaving them out gives a source of "inexplicable" trails.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Staff member
It is not banned - but it is also not done - it would have to be approved specifically.
I'm pretty sure NZ isn't short of rain, as a rule (although apparently there are drought conditions in places at the moment?)

Good point on aerodynamic contrails. There's a video of trails from a prop (turboprop?) plane shared on NZ chemtrails pages:

Last edited:

Ross Marsden

Senior Member.
b****r...mumble...grrr......why yes Mick....you are correct....mumble......
In December 2010, I was severely criticised (by the chemtrail community) for accurately identifying an aerodynamic contrail from a large USAF C17 turboprop over Dunedin on its way from Christchurch to McMurdo Station, Antarctica.

Otago Daily Times: Clouded in Mystery

Northland Chemtrails: MetService’s Ross Marsden Misinforms the Otago Daily Times About true nature of mystery cloud?

Northland Chemtrails (again): Otago Daily Times Educates Its Readers About Chemtrails (in letters to the editor, print version)

Last edited:

MikeC

Closed Account
somehow the page has miraculously updated to now read, in part...

keefe

In December 2010, I was severely criticised (by the chemtrail community) for accurately identifying an aerodynamic contrail from a large USAF C17 turboprop over Dunedin on its way from Christchurch to McMurdo Station, Antarctica.

Otago Daily Times: Clouded in Mystery

Northland Chemtrails: MetService’s Ross Marsden Misinforms the Otago Daily Times About true nature of mystery cloud?

Northland Chemtrails (again): Otago Daily Times Educates Its Readers About Chemtrails (in letters to the editor, print version)

Have you seen this recent post from Claire Swinney - she is critical of an article about chemtrails in Organic NZ magazine for being too inconclusive, and suggests her readers write to the editor about it. I bought a copy of the magazine but found that it actually gives way too much credibility to the conspiracy theory without any serious questioning (any credibility would be too much) - the article includes quotes from Dane Wigington and links to his website, as well as the What in the World videos, and Claire's website but concludes saying "we may never know if it is really happening" ... I have written to the editor and suggested she check out contrailscience and this forum, hope you don't mind but I mentioned you as someone she could contact to find out more - that's if you are happy to put yourself in the firing line again!

https://chemtrailsnorthnz.wordpress...e-has-eyes-on-the-skies-but-not-on-the-facts/

MikeC

Closed Account
Ha ha - she's knows Ross well - search on her site for his name - you'll find she is non-to-complimentary!!

keefe

Ha ha - she's knows Ross well - search on her site for his name - you'll find she is non-to-complimentary!!

Yes I've seen some of that - I suggested to the editor of Organic NZ that they should publish an article in the next issue to put the record straight - here is her reply

I assume that Phillipa is feeling like the "meat in the sandwich" here and is probably wondering who and/or what to believe, so if anyone else would like to contact her to help provide some clarity, this is her email address editor@organicnz.org.nz.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Whitebeard Christchurch (NZ) Mosque Shootings Current Events 20
derwoodii Claim The seabed around Kaikoura, New Zealand has risen by up to 1.8 m earthquake General Discussion 20
MikeC Claim: New Zealand quakes man made...... Conspiracy Theories 4
MikeC New Zealand Ministry of Environment reply to "chemtrail" query Contrails and Chemtrails 6
MikeC Debunked: New Zealand flag change is not a silent coup Conspiracy Theories 19
MikeG Debunked: 1,433 Deaths Caused by New Zealand Police Since 1990 General Discussion 37
JFDee Debunked: Sea Creature in New Zealand (Boat Trail on Google Maps) UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 9
TWCobra Australian and New Zealand Geo-engineering protest posts photoshopped image. Contrails and Chemtrails 1
MikeC New Zealand cannot prove the PM is not reptilian! Conspiracy Theories 3
MikeC New Zealand chemtrail believers confused by storm clouds.... Contrails and Chemtrails 14
MikeC Chemtrail comment outbreak in New Zealand Contrails and Chemtrails 4
MikeC More analysis of "rainwater" - New Zealand Contrails and Chemtrails 89
MikeC Chemtrails as an election issue in New Zealand Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Rory Claim: Japanese man puts animals to sleep with chi UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 23
Picard Aircraft impact Design for Twin Towers 9/11 11
Agent K Air Force E-11A Communications Aircraft Crashes And Burns In Afghanistan Current Events 7
Laser Curved Aircraft Window Distortion Flat Earth 11
inkwell American Airlines Flight 77 Aircraft Accident Package lists no. of Passengers/Fatalies as "Unknown" Conspiracy Theories 3
FlightMuj Explained: NASA documents stating a flat Earth??? Linear Aircraft Models Flat Earth 7
Trailspotter UFO with navigation lights, Drone or aircraft? [Low Flying FedEx 777] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
cmnit Ulrike Lohmann on aircraft exhausts chemicals Contrails and Chemtrails 3
C Strange Flickering in Contrail Video Posted in Earlier Thread [Focussing artifacts] Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Whitebeard EgyptAir flight MS804 Current Events 52
Spectrar Ghost Tip Vorticies - frequency by aircraft? Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Mick West N8701Q Boeing 737-MAX 8 "Spirit of Renton" Testbed Aircraft Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Veronica! Odd Aircraft Explained: Powered Parachute Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Mick West 1952 - Condensation Trails From Aircraft - With a 1937 Persistent Contrail Photo - Oldest Ever? Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Steve Funk Claim, C130 aircraft are spraying mysterious filaments. Contrails and Chemtrails 5
MikeC Aircraft weight and balance in the real world Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Balance Met Office - Case Study Contrail-induced Cirrus Contrails and Chemtrails 0
TWCobra AA77-Pentagon explosion plume compared to known aircraft fires 9/11 0
Mick West Debunked: MH370: Daily Mail claims new sonar images indicate aircraft debris Flight MH370 3
c.eileen Help to ID a plane? [N90 - FAA Flight Inspection Aircraft] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 30
TEEJ Belfast Observer Skywatch claiming that airliners do not appear on Flight Radar 24 - 10th March 2015 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
TEEJ Gary Cameron Clydebank, Scotland Video, 1st May 2015- Claim of aircraft not being on Flight Radar 24 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 11
ssfor27 Aircraft Caught "Spraying" over Key West Contrails and Chemtrails 8
Trailspotter A new way to stop the gridlock in the skies General Discussion 0
Efftup Disappearing Falcons near Bournemouth, UK [Limited MLAT Coverage] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 37
MikeC Convair 580 aerosol measurement probe array Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Asylumkid Deadly emissions? [1% contribution of aviation emissions to harmful air pollution] General Discussion 10
Rico Debunked: Dane Wigington's Undeniable Footage of Jet Aircraft Spraying [Aerodynamic Contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 42
Efftup How far away can I see an aircraft? Contrails and Chemtrails 26
Charlesinsandiego Another triangular aircraft, this time in Kansas [B2 Bomber] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 25
TEEJ Mystery Aircraft over Texas 10th March 2014 - Steve Douglass Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 114
T Debunk: Chemtrails leave no space between aircraft and the beginning of the trail. Contrails and Chemtrails 7
TWCobra Max Bliss debunked-Aircraft engine oil systems used to dispense Chemtrail chemicals Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Alchemist DEBUNKED - 9/11 aircraft black boxes weren't recovered 9/11 241
TWCobra Wigington/Max Bliss Debunked. Automated Chemtrail dispersal Commercial aircraft Contrails and Chemtrails 7
anonname Is this a chemtrail aircraft? Contrails and Chemtrails 15
CbIncus Calculations of Aircraft Contrail Formation Critical Temperatures (Mark L. Schrader) Contrails and Chemtrails 10
Related Articles

Related Articles