Low, loud & blocked

Marin B

Is there a way to figure out what this might have been. It was very loud, but there was low cloud cover at the time and I couldn't find it. I tried to locate it on FlightRadar24, and the most likely suspect was blocked. I couldn't figure out how to filter it to show just the blocked flight or I would have posted a picture, but the path showed it originating from around LAX, flying over Fresno, and then perhaps doing a u-turn about 50 miles north of San Francisco. Then I ended up losing it (on FlightRadar that is).

If flew near my house (blue dot) at about 12:20 pm.
blocked flight.jpg blocked2.jpg

Searching the number brings http://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/QXE431/history/20121006/1200ZZ/KBIL/KSEA...

Horizon 431
QXE431 · "Horizon Air" (all flights) alaskaair.com
Billings Logan Intl (KBIL)
Seattle-Tacoma Intl (KSEA)

06:11 MDT
07:08 PDT
Scheduled: 06:00 MDT
Scheduled: 06:51 PDT
Other flights between these airports
Duration: 1 hour 57 minutes
Saturday, 6 October 2012
Status Landed 3 years ago. (track log & graph)
Aircraft de Havilland Dash 8-400 (twin-turboprop) (DH8D/Gphotos)
Speed Filed: 344 kts (graph)
Altitude Filed: 24,000 feet (graph)
Distance Direct: 663 sm Flown: 703 sm
Fare Average: $194.00 (airline insight)
Route BIL J136 MLP GLASR8 (Decode)
Content from External Source
Out of date but was it a prop engine you heard?

Certainly looks like it landed at Sonoma County Airport. And the aircraft type DH8D means De Havilland Dash 8.

Last edited:
Flightaware shows QXE431 serving Sonoma County, but the flight times don't seem to match up to that track. at 12.20 PDT it was just departing from Sonoma and heading south, to John Wayne airport.

upload_2016-6-9_22-32-46.png

QXE431 was the other flight that shows underneath the one that said blocked - sorry, bad screen shot on my part! The one I'm curious about just said "? - ? BLOCKED"

Out of date but was it a prop engine you heard?

It was a very loud jet. It sounded a lot like a FedEx cargo jet that wakes me up every now and then at 3am going from OAK to Anchorage Alaska - but I can't remember what type of plane that is, DC-10 maybe?

I've played back FR24 (https://www.flightradar24.com/2016-06-09/19:22/12x/BLOCKED/9f92f4a), the blocked aircraft's flight originated from the Long Beach airport, had a touch down in Fresno, descended over Richmond and probably landed in Sonoma. I'd guess that it was a private jet. Perhaps, checking the planespotters' photos made in these three airports could help its identification.

Update:
Not necessarily a solution, more an example. Recently this private jet was photographed in the Long Beach airport:

Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuffandthingsphotography/26815490983/

According to Flightaware its tracking is blocked:

N650PE - PLATINUM EQUITY LLC (BEVERLY HILLS CA)
This aircraft (N650PE) is not available for public tracking per request from the owner/operator.
Content from External Source

Last edited:
Back