Local Political Candidate Cindy Lake talks about "Chemtrails"

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
After discussing Flouride, Cindy Lake, Libertarian radio host and a Republican candidate for Clark County commissioner, responded to an audience member question on "Chemtrails"

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/25/ron-paul-backed-nv-candidate-vows-to-defund-government-to-fight-flouride-and-chemtrails/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: TheRawStory (The Raw Story)

An audience member took the microphone and, gesturing toward the sky, warned that the greatest public health hazard came from chemtrails.

“Who’s polluting the county? How do we stop it? I don’t know,” the man said. “But they’re doing it all over the world, this geo-engineering. For who? What are they trying to do to the human species?”

The moderator tugged his leather jacket, and the video was edited at that point and then resumed as the man walked away from the microphone and took a seat.

“I do think an investigation has to be undertaken by the county commission and find out exactly what our role is there,” Lake said, without specifying how the investigation would be conducted or funded. “I don’t know who’s doing it; it’s a secret operation. As far as chemtrails go, I don’t want to be poisoned as much as anybody else, so I would vote no.”

Another took the microphone and explained that, as a pilot with 34 years of experience, the fears over chemtrails were unfounded.

“I respectfully asked my liberty friends to be very careful about this chemtrails thing, because to me, it’s all B.S.,” the man said. “The reason you see chemtrails like you do, is because there are thousands of planes flying overhead.”

Lake told the man they should discuss the issue later, and related an anecdote about inventor Nikolai Tesla’s so-called “death ray” that is widely shared among chemtrail conspiracy theorists.

I’m not 100 percent sure what’s being sprayed up there, and why, if anybody was spraying us — aren’t they spraying themselves, too?” Lake said. “I do think that there’s some validity to it. I don’t have the science to prove it, but as with drones, I think things can be used for the good and for the bad.”

“Unfortunately, the government, when they are given any kind of tool, tend to use it against the citizens to control us, so my perspective is, I wouldn’t discount it without further investigation because there is some proof to (it), from what I understand in my research,” she added.
Content from External Source
Unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected. As the chemtrail theory grows in popularity, you will inevitably get low-level politicians who are taken in by it, or feel they have to respond to it because of all the people asking about it.

It's a sad waste of time.

The most important point should be that she said "I don't have the science to prove it." Just conjecture. But supporters won't focus on that point, and will probably instead find their belief that the government is untrustworthy as proof enough that chemtrails exist reinforced.

What they really should take away is the advice of a pilot with 34 years of experience:
“I respectfully asked my liberty friends to be very careful about this chemtrails thing, because to me, it’s all B.S.,” the man said. “The reason you see chemtrails like you do, is because there are thousands of planes flying overhead.”
I think this all reinforces the need for some more accessible debunking material - single page handouts, etc, so that people like Lake can be brought up to speed with the stuff that was debunked many years ago.

What they really should take away is the advice of a pilot with 34 years of experience:
I think this all reinforces the need for some more accessible debunking material - single page handouts, etc, so that people like Lake can be brought up to speed with the stuff that was debunked many years ago.

I doubt that'll ever happen.. from the sounds of what's going on, anyone that's not in their lil camp is one of "them" and there-fore a spy/shill/dis-informant. Pilots are the enemy, they're going to do what their government overloards and masters order them to do, even if it means they're murdering their own children and spouses.

I realize thats a generalization and it doesnt apply across the board, but its getting to the point where there are more and more people getting drawn into the conspiracy that feel that way. This will never be settled, because no matter WHAT evidence is provided, even if its by every last scientific/volunteer lab in the world... someone will find a fault with something, and itll continue to propagate.

I think the only thing anyone can do is just try to keep talking to people and showing them the light.. that, in this particular case, the boogie man is just a shadow on the wall.

I think the only thing anyone can do is just try to keep talking to people and showing them the light.. that, in this particular case, the boogie man is just a shadow on the wall.

its helpful to know when to stop talking too (or not talk at all).

simple clean quick facts. is what people remember.

if they want more indepth answers they can come here and try to navigate the 40000 contrail threads.

For someone like Cindy Lake who sounds reasonable but 'in the dark' of the issue. I think a single page handout would be most beneficial. and for reporters that don't really know the topic.

When you dive into an issue, we tend to forget that most people have NO idea of even the basics and we have to always remember that. "Talk to me like I'm 5".

Probably, but when any one of them repeats such things without being able to explain the basis, it just comes across as regurgitated government propaganda.
i don't think the majority of americans are thinking 'government propaganda' everytime they hear something. esp. scientific stuff. hard to spin "a contrail is a manmade cirrus cloud". (but I'm thinking more the people who are new to 'chemtrails', not the already initiated)

i don't think the majority of americans are thinking 'government propaganda' everytime they hear something. esp. scientific stuff. hard to spin "a contrail is a manmade cirrus cloud". (but I'm thinking more the people who are new to 'chemtrails', not the already initiated)
Yes, but eventually it always comes down to having to PROVE things, scientifically. Otherwise it just keeps coming down to yelling: "Contrails don't persist" vs "Contrails persist". No conclusion is reached.

In a way it'd be interesting to see what might happen if chemtrails gained spotlight attention from big media through someone like Cindy Lake. Not sure if a local candidate would be able to generate such attention, but it could be a step in that direction. The next step should then be proper and very public investigation, with the inevitable conclusion. This might be an effective way to inoculate the greater public against the chemtrail nonsense. Of course there will still be believers who spin this so they can stick to their beliefs, but they'll be even more of a fringe group.

Back