Is bill S.968 really a gov't blacklist bill ?

Leifer

Senior Member.
The bill........http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-s968/show

....because many feel it is a bill to reduce free expression, and gov't targeted censorship.
http://thesantosrepublic.com/2011/08/internet-blacklist-bill-s-968-the-internet-police-kill-switch/
http://digitaljournal.com/article/313463

The above ideas are making the rounds in the OWS (Occupy) movement, as if it will act as a limited shutdown of internet traffic to limit the spread of anti-gov't ideas and protest organization.......as seen in other worldwide protests/actions.....commonly called an "internet kill switch".

Jay Reynolds

Senior Member.
The Bill looks to me like it's really designed to block pirate sites overseas infringing on US copyrights.

Many of the Occupiers don't respect private property and think they can take what belongs to others if they please. They would naturally want to stop any law which makes it harder to steal and see the law as an impediment to what they feel is theirs for the taking.

I think that's part of what they are saying, plus the CT nature of the Occupiers tends to lead them to connect the dots the way those people do. When I read the full text at opencongress and read the actual comments inserted by other readers, practically all were questions, and very few had clear objections. I know these bills are full of legalese and don't declare to understand all of the very complex terminology.

In general I am more pleased when the bulk of these laws fail to pass. The less statutes we have the better, leave these things up to courts and existing laws. I believe that diluting the power of laws is a good thing so that matters which have substanial gray areas can be worked out on a case-by-case basis. Still, this Bill seems to deal with foreign sites, and the few domestic sites that link to them. I dont go to pirate sites full of virii anyways. If the Occupiers want to go I'm sure they will find a way to go steal stuff somewhere.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Rory Claim: UK Coronavirus Bill (HC Bill 122) means "bad things" Coronavirus COVID-19 9
Mick West No, SB 1424 is Not a Censorship Bill Criminalizing Anti-Vaccine Misinformation Conspiracy Theories 9
deirdre Claim:Republicans block bill to stop terrorists from buying guns General Discussion 9
3 Rhode Island Bill H5480 - Relating to the Health and Safety of Geoengineering General Discussion 51
H Bill Gates is helping fund geoengineering (chemtrails) ... so why are you denying it? Contrails and Chemtrails 77
Mick West H.R. 5344 - Bill Banning Enhanced Body Armor Conspiracy Theories 92
TWCobra Peter Kusznir and Bill Gates Contrails and Chemtrails 3
JRBids Dr. Bill H. Weld People Debunked 2
Jay Reynolds Bill Cooper Debunks Chemtrails (Vintage Audio) Contrails and Chemtrails 13
FreiZeitGeist Bill Vander Zalm: Ex-premiere of British Columbia acknowledges chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Grieves Bill Gates and Polio Vaccination Conspiracy Theories 56
Mattnik 'John Brennan Sworn in as CIA Director Using Constitution Lacking Bill of Rights' General Discussion 10
HappyMonday NEW BILL H.R 748 - National Service General Discussion 1
HappyMonday Bill Gates Admits to Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Stefan Leahu How atmospheric tunelling and refraction really look like in real life. Flat Earth 0
Julien Did Solzhenitsyn really say or write this? Quotes Debunked 13
K Did Elvis really say this about Andy Kaufman? Quotes Debunked 11
Mick West Slate: Conspiracy Theorists Aren’t Really Skeptics Practical Debunking 2
Oxymoron Is The Rambles Section Really A Way of Hiding Threads Which Support CT's? Site Feedback & News 20
Oxymoron Are Humans Really Genetically Close to Apes? [Yes] General Discussion 15
blargo Living with a CT believer, sometimes it is really difficult Contrails and Chemtrails 27
N Hi, I am a "truth-seeker" from Indonesia, and I really respect site like this! General Discussion 1
Grieves Hormones, and age as a disease: A really bad idea. Health and Quackery 3
Clock 8 Ways to tell a Conspiracy Theorist is really a Fraud (or full of baloney) Practical Debunking 9
Oxymoron Norway Spiral. Was it Really a Failed Missile Launch or Was it HAARP (EISCAT) Conspiracy Theories 36
SeriouslyDebatable Did FBI Director Robert Mueller Really Say There Was No Legal Proof of hijackers ID? 9/11 18
Mick West Debunking: "Is healthy food really more expensive?" Health and Quackery 2
Mick West Context: "If people really knew, the war would be stopped tomorrow" Quotes Debunked 1
Related Articles

Related Articles