In the Spirit of Fun....

F4Jock

Senior Member.
I found some truth in the humor and hyperbole, did you?

Just The Facts

The average conspiracy theorist will argue with NASA, Nobel-prize winners and every expert in the world despite having fewer qualifications than the average fry cook.
Conspiracy theorists view logical argument as cheating.
Like pissing fetishes and tentacle rape comics, conspiracy theories are a problem made much worse by the Internet.
Never assume malice when incompetence will do.

An Ego Issue

Conspiracy theorists divide the world into "Everyone even remotely involved/qualified vs. Me," and decide that they'll win single-handedly. They're like Rambo with bullshit instead of bullets.
They tend to enjoy the ego-boost that comes with thinking of oneself as the only intelligent objector in a world of sheeple. When the government has to spend billions of dollars shuttling Elvis from Roswell to the Bermuda Triangle and back in black helicopters before you can feel good about yourself, you've got to be pretty tragic.

Shadowy Organizations

Conspiracy theorists believe the world is run by schizophrenic shadowy organizations who - despite conspiring with millions in perfect silence - can't resist putting clues in things like major public monuments and every note of currency ever printed. Making the average Batman villain look like Professor Moriarty.

At the last count the world was secretly being run by the Illuminati, Knights Templar, Freemasons, Trilateral commission, New World Order, Skull & Bones society, Bilderberg group, Nine Unknown Men and the ever-popular Jews. It's unknown whether they all vote on various issues or just ask Dan Brown whose turn it is each week. Conspiracy theorists honestly believe that these invisible elites have run thousands of years of history but are incapable of killing someone who lives in a basement and shouts on street corners.
Content from External Source

We are not here to have fun.

At least not if it creates more problems than it solves. The problem here is that it tars everyone with the same brush. So people who are slightly more reality oriented, like Grieves, will get all annoyed at being mocked, and spend forever talking about the mocking rather than the actual evidence, whereas the people who actually fit the bill will just say "you mock, but it's true, so you must be a shill"

Right, now I'm off. Y'all be nice.

while i totally agree with the first post, i also completely agree with mick's and try to keep it in mind when i post here vs my facebook for example.

I like to think the CT regular/members are playing devil's advocate or employing some degree of semi-rational sophistry, where as the statement does apply to a whole hell of a lot of unreg and offsite communication.

George is a good example of one who does not fit this profile yet does(i think) still believe in several of these ideas/operations.

any source on that statement?

but doesnt calling CT names make one just as lame as they are? calling people names and making fun of them is what you do when you out of facts to say. right? just saying.

If you believe in conspiracy theories, then you are a conspiracy theorist. Calling them one is not 'calling people names'. No more that referring me to a woman is calling me a name.

As a child, I had some wild notions. I babbled openly about imaginary friends, magic, fantasies, rituals, etc. I don't recall my age or the strength of my beliefs at the time, but that no longer really matters.

What stuck with me all these years was how others treated me. I still remember having hurt, defensive feelings when a close relative mocked me. Looking back, it was an attempt to shame me into changing my mind. But my mind was not swayed in the slightest by disdain or mockery. However well-meaning, it resulted in my loss of respect for that person and a convictions hardened by the desire to be taken seriously. I focused instead on somehow avenging this perceived hostility towards me and retreated into my imagination even deeper. In contrast, my dad eventually engaged me in a discussion about it. He admired my unconventional ideas and encouraged me to be curious and seek knowledge. He regarded me without judgement and always treated me with respect. He motivated me as I developed to think critically, to reason, to observe. Through his example, he taught me how and why rational people make distinctions between fantasy and fact.

My dad's is a very bright scientist who works on solving mysteries of unexplained events. He is a critical thinker, but his mind is always open. He investigates all accounts because he recognizes that every shred of evidence is worth knowing - even if it proves false. All information is ultimately valuable, no matter how implausible.

Giving someone the tools to for critical thinking is no small thing. Some people go through their whole lives without those tools. It may be too late for some, and perhaps they're not even our responsibility anyway. But from my own experiences, convincing others to come to their own rational conclusions is far more valuable than ridicule.

As a child, I had some wild notions. I babbled openly about imaginary friends, magic, fantasies, rituals, etc. I don't recall my age or the strength of my beliefs at the time, but that no longer really matters.

What stuck with me all these years was how others treated me. I still remember having hurt, defensive feelings when a close relative mocked me. Looking back, it was an attempt to shame me into changing my mind. But my mind was not swayed in the slightest by disdain or mockery. However well-meaning, it resulted in my loss of respect for that person and a convictions hardened by the desire to be taken seriously. I focused instead on somehow avenging this perceived hostility towards me and retreated into my imagination even deeper. In contrast, my dad eventually engaged me in a discussion about it. He admired my unconventional ideas and encouraged me to be curious and seek knowledge. He regarded me without judgement and always treated me with respect. He motivated me as I developed to think critically, to reason, to observe. Through his example, he taught me how and why rational people make distinctions between fantasy and fact.

My dad's is a very bright scientist who works on solving mysteries of unexplained events. He is a critical thinker, but his mind is always open. He investigates all accounts because he recognizes that every shred of evidence is worth knowing - even if it proves false. All information is ultimately valuable, no matter how implausible.

Giving someone the tools to for critical thinking is no small thing. Some people go through their whole lives without those tools. It may be too late for some, and perhaps they're not even our responsibility anyway. But from my own experiences, convincing others to come to their own rational conclusions is far more valuable than ridicule.
people try all kinds of things to get you to belive in what they belive. usually their 'beliefs' are whatever happens to be popular. you stick to your guns. if you know something with every fiber of your being, you cant be swayed. shame on people that try to get you to doubt yoursef, just because they like the 'popular belief of the week', doesnt mean you have to.
if you saw magic and things when you were a kid, that sucks they closed that door on you. have you ever had a kid come up to you and tell you the dog said he was thirsty? most people say ' oh the dog cant talk' so the kid tells himself that hes not supposed to hear the dog.. that closes that part of the brain off. if you had someone that recognized that you are able to 'see things' then you would probably be able to read thoughts by now.go back to that time when you were able to see imaginary friends. picture the friend. open that door back up.
i know i sound crazy to some, but others will understand me. i hope..you still can get to those tools simply because you know they are there. drrum.. go get your 'toolbox'..

i cant disagree with you enough.. yes i understand you. but disagree. yes as none of it is based in reasoning. these are not totally mysterious brain systems to us anymore. would you be interested in information on this subject?

sure, im always open to new info. whatcha got? i basicly want to know why i can read minds? i hate it! people can tell im reading them when i look at them, and im not even trying to, but it scares people. i look at peoples eyes when they talk to me and i can see straight into their biggest fears. why can i do this? ive found no benifit, i have helped a few people , but why do i see what their deep secrets are? im talking core secrets/shamefull things that happened to them that holds them back. i can tell somebody lying before they lie, i answer people questions before they ask, it makes people not want to talk to me! why do i have this gift/curse?

if you saw magic and things when you were a kid, that sucks they closed that door on you.

I see your point and agree with you that a young person's imagination shouldn't be quashed. In my line of work, an imagination is essential. The point of my anecdote wasn't really about when or why it's okay to have wild ideas. It was about how mockery can sometimes alienate a person who otherwise might have been receptive. That isn't always the case. Sometimes mockery can produce the intended outcome, but usually only if there's admiration or mutual respect established first.

i basicly want to know why i can read minds?

You say you can read minds by looking at eyes. Can I ask you if you've ever been tested for this ability? The reason I ask, is there are independent telepathy and perception studies that you can participate in. It would be amazing if test results could prove you possess this remarkable talent.

Having said that, there is a certain amount of unconscious/subconscious sensory perception that happens when we're with another person. We may not realize it, but our noses can detect traces of hormones and other chemicals on others that betray their feelings. Stress, sexual receptiveness, etc. Some dogs can detect cancer and even mental illness. Humans can also read subtle body language and eye movement. Most of us do that unconsciously/subconsciously.

I've managed to avoid a couple of potentially dangerous situations which I attribute to heightened perception. I simply can't fathom or explain how I "knew" to get away from a situation right now. Everything was fine one moment, then suddenly I was overcome with an urgent sense of unease about a certain person (who later turned out to have very bad intentions). So as for "why", it may be you have heightened perception when you're with other people. What's more interesting to me is how you might be doing it. My thought is that you may be sensing emotions subconsciously (through chemicals, hormones, body language). While your mind is trying to process those incoming sensory signals, it triggers your conscious mind to try to make sense of what you're experiencing. From there, it isn't much of a leap to make assessments about that person. Since you're probably unaware of how you're able to do this, it's assumed to be a supernatural talent which may be why others are frightened by it.

funny you mention dogs sniffing cancer. i have a tumor in my right breast and my dog always tries to sniff/lick it. not wild about the dog licking my boob though.
as far as me, i havent been tested where would i go to do that? i dont usually tell people, they always say ok, what am i thinking, ' i always say 'she cant read my mind. can she? naw, she cant read me. what if she does read me?'
im not a parlor trick, i think i learned this from being terrorized everyday ( beyond bullying, i actually was stalked and beat up from 1st through 9th grade.why? the girls walked the same way home i did. the school always said.' girls dont do that kind of thing, she just pity party) then id get home and be mentally screwed with by my crazy ass brother ( now in prison) so i think its a survival thing i tapped into.
they do say that communication is only a small percent actual words, its body language and learning to read jestures. paying attention, basicly.
i think this skill would be helpfull if i were a mental health counsler, but that would drain me. i absorb their pain as well as see it and that totally sucks because then im in the depressed state they were in when they came around me.they feel great all the sudden and dont know why, its because i took their emotional baggage. and i cant turn that part off!
i dont know. i know i sound nuts. thats why i dont usually talk about it. reading people and knowing the future sucks. anybody with these skills NEVER charges money to help, so fortune tellers, scams... psycics that charge you for a reading,, fake.. my dog is saying she needs to go out.. haha. now thats a skill every dog owner has, their dogs can talk to them with just a look. am i right? kinda same thing.
i remember when i first realized that not everybody can do this. i was shocked that my friend julie didnt hear what this what girl was thinking.. it never dawned on me that not everyone heard what other were thinking. and im a very rational person. im always open to new info.
ok, im tired, im going to bed, talk to me about when you knew you had to get away from that person. your were right to trust yourself. i can help people with their potential abilitys.we all have these skills, most just shut them down.

When you say you can "read minds", do you mean you can tell someone what number they've chosen when they pick a number between 1 and 10, or you are intuitive? Because being intuitive is something many people are.

no. picking a number between one and ten ( usually 7 ) is a palor trick. no i read emotions, i cant look at someone and cold read, well i can, by looking for subtle body language changes in breathing, that sort of thing.unless they have a lot of things on their mind. when people are upset, mad, scared, anything heavy on their mind. when people are sad mostly, i zoom in on that crazy. i try not to make people cry when i ask them whats wrong. im really good at ferreting out scams, with just a few questions, but thats more of a 'taught' skill. from being around crimnals all my life i guess.depression i read like its neon flashing on their forehead.i can understand alzheimers patients. i HATE doing that though, its so sad i get depresse myself for weeks after being around someone very very sick.

one thing i can do, it takes a LOT of energy though, i can change my eye color.. that scares the hell out of people!! but it absolutly drains me.

I can change my eye color by wearing different clothing.
actully, there are some eye colors that do appear to change with what you wear. are your eyes hazel? your one of the lucky ones, people spend billions on contacts just to match their eyes to their outfit. if you can do it naturally? sweet!

Yes, it is pretty cool! Mine are greyish, they change to blue or green depending on what I wear.

Back