Howdy All!

It's interesting how many debunkers end up on sites like ATS or DavidIcke. It's not exactly easy pickings - there's a lot of resistance to new ideas there.

But then, there are debunkers even within bunk. Someone who believes in chemtrails might debunk something like chemtrails being used to spread Morgellons, and a Morgellons believer might debunk something like Sylphs, and then a Sylph believer might point out the obvious flaws in chemtrails being used to hide Planet X from us, Planet X believers might take issue with the chemtrails being glitches in the computer simulation we exist in.

It's interesting how many debunkers end up on sites like ATS or DavidIcke. It's not exactly easy pickings - there's a lot of resistance to new ideas there.

But then, there are debunkers even within bunk. Someone who believes in chemtrails might debunk something like chemtrails being used to spread Morgellons, and a Morgellons believer might debunk something like Sylphs, and then a Sylph believer might point out the obvious flaws in chemtrails being used to hide Planet X from us, Planet X believers might take issue with the chemtrails being glitches in the computer simulation we exist in.

there's a lot of resistance to new ideas there.

You got this part of it right. Especially in the religion forum over on DI.......it should be titled Fundie 101............

Greetings, folks.

I found this site as I was looking for info to debunk folks that insist that BP is still spraying Corexit around the Gulf---yep they are seeing 'chem trails'.

I have been amazed at the beliefs of some folks and how little they are willing to use any reasoning skills.

This is such a great site. Thanks for hosting it, and thanks to all of you who contribute such interesting and informative comments.
I started looking into the "chemtrails" thing after a guy I was seeing pointed up at the contrails in the sky one day and went off about how "They" are fumigating us. He then went on to tell me that AIDS doesn't exist and that we are all being controlled by the Illuminati.
We're not dating any more.
I find it so disconcerting and demoralizing when bright, funny, interesting friends suddenly spout out one or more of these kuh-razy ideas. And then aren't interested or capable of having an actual conversation or debate about it. It just goes nowhere.
It's also depressing, the number of people who have such weird, dismissive attitudes toward science. Who don't understand what scientific thinking is, don't understand the monumental efforts that go into scientific research, and take for granted all the fruits of those efforts that they (we) enjoy.
Anyway, it's been very replenishing to dip back into the pool of skepticism, debunking, etc. And really fun to learn about clouds, actually.
Thanks again!

Hi! I can relate. I have family and friends who believe wacky things and it's difficult to have a good productive conversation about it. Logical fallacies abound, along with a misunderstanding of what science is about. I love them regardless of such faults and happily it's requited.

Back