How many explosions

Tazmanian

Account Closed
Why would there be the need for actors if it was a real bombing? o_O

There were two events. A drill and a bombing. The drill was carried out with actors. The real event happened. The photos released contain both events, the drill and the real event. It's hard to tell the difference, which makes it confusing. I don't claim to know which photos are real and which are from a drill.

There were two events. A drill and a bombing. The drill was carried out with actors. The real event happened. The photos released contain both events, the drill and the real event. It's hard to tell the difference, which makes it confusing. I don't claim to know which photos are real and which are from a drill.

The real event happened and 1. no one was really hurt? 2. people were really hurt but "Jeff Bauman" wasn't? 3. people were really hurt and the crisis actors joined in the fun to make it look worse?

You really are being obtuse, aren't you? There were two events, a drill and a bombing, you say. The drill was carried out with actors. What kind of drill? Was it also a bombing drill? What if they'd released a dirty bomb? Would the crisis actors then play dead, or sick? What is it that you think might have happened, can you spell it all out?

You really are being obtuse, aren't you? There were two events, a drill and a bombing, you say. The drill was carried out with actors. What kind of drill? Was it also a bombing drill? What if they'd released a dirty bomb? Would the crisis actors then play dead, or sick? What is it that you think might have happened, can you spell it all out?

I don't know what happened. Not all information was released because there is a pending trial. And some information may be classified.

There was a drill. They announced it.

There were also explosions. Which ones were real? Who knows.

Apparently, you claim to know which are "real", at least you did 6 hours ago.

According to ABC News, there were more than 2 explosions. Which explosions were real?

3:15 p.m. ET:
Boston Police Department says two explosions on Boyleston street near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Police, fire and bomb squad responding. The number of injuries is unknown. The cause is unknown.
3:55 p.m. ET:
Police set off controlled explosion in Boston. Third explosion heard.

4:35 p.m. ET:
Two more explosive devices have been found near the scene of the explosion, according to the Associated Press.

4:55 p.m. ET:
There was also a controlled explosion on Boylston St., not one of the three incidents, says Commissioner Ed Davis.

5:28 p.m. ET:
Red Cross says it does not need any more blood donations. “There is currently enough blood on the shelves.”

10:35 p.m. ET:
Ron M. Walls, chairman of Boston’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital, told reporters that the hospital has 29 total patients, 8 of whom are in critical condition. Walls said that the only shrapnel they have seen in injured victims is material from the street – bits of metal, soda cans and anything that was really close to a blast and became fragmented. He said there have been no reports of ball bearings or anything that seemed as if it may have been placed into the explosion to cause more damage.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/04/live-updates-boston-marathon-explosion/

To recap, there were 3 explosions and an additional "controlled explosion."

A total of 4 explosions.

Thanks for the link.

So we have two exploded back packs from the brothers and a third backpack that was exploded with no bomb inside.

What's the big deal about releasing the photos? Why are they not available?

To recap, there were 3 explosions and an additional "controlled explosion."

A total of 4 explosions.
A controlled explosion may or may not be an actual explosion, it is better known as bomb disposal which is a procedure that is done objects that are suspected to be bombs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomb_disposal

Projected water disruptors use a water projectile shaped charge to destroy bombs, severing any detonating cord. One example is the BootBanger, deployed under the rear compartment of cars suspected to be carrying bombs.[16] Projected water distruptors can be directional, such as the BootBanger; or omni-directional, an example being the Bottler.

Portable X-ray systems are used to radiography the bomb before internvention. The purpose is for example to determine if a chemical charge is present or to check the status of the detonator. High steel thickness require high energy and high power sources.

There are a wide range of containment chambers from simple and sometime dangerous suppression vessel who on takes some of the fragments, to top of the line gas-tight chambers that can withstand multiple shots and still be gas tight and protect from CBRNe. The containment chambers can be fitted on trailer to tow behind a SUV for example or fitted on an EOD truck.

The ZEUS-HLONS (HMMWV Laser Ordnance Neutralization System), commonly known as ZEUS, was developed for surface land mines and unexploded ordnance (UXO) neutralization by the U.S. Naval Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technology Division (NAVEODTECHDIV). It uses a moderate-power commercial solid state laser (SSL) and beam control system, integrated onto a Humvee (HMMWV), to clear surface mines, improvised bombs, or unexploded ordnance (UXO) from supply routes and minefields.

Another technique is Trepanation, in which a bore is cut into the sidewall of a bomb and the explosive contents are extracted through a combination of steam and acid bath liquification of bomb contents.
Content from External Source
As for the thrid explosion. That is most likely a mis report or someone who thought they heard another explosions. They also reported a fire at the Boston Public Library when it was actually at the JFK library.

Thanks for the link.

So we have two exploded back packs from the brothers and a third backpack that was exploded with no bomb inside
Correct.
What's the big deal about releasing the photos? Why are they not available?

We have seen pictures of one back pack. I'm not sure if it is from the first or second bomb. They are probably not releasing more photos because they will be used as evidence in the court case. Do you need to see pictures of the backpack that was just left behind by someone?

I would like to compare the backpacks that exploded to the ones the brothers were carrying. This has not been done. There is no evidence linking the brothers to the explosions.

Lots of speculation.

I would like to compare the backpacks that exploded to the ones the brothers were carrying.
If it didn't contain a bomb what does it matter. It was done as a safety precaution. What is to prove?
This has not been done. There is no evidence linking the brothers to the explosions.

Lots of speculation.

There is a lot of evidence against them. Just because it has not been released to the public does not mean is doesn't exist. This evidence needs to be kept from the public so the case can get a fair trial.

Perhaps you should read the criminal complaint.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/137389667/Criminal-Complaint-against-Dzhokhar-A-Tsarnaev
And here is the grand jury indictment.
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/06/us/tsarnaev-indictment/index.html

Yes, I agree with this.

There will be a time when the evidence is available, just wait for the trial. The video will at the very least have to be played for the jury. It will probably get out to the public as well and when/if the video is released, and does show Dzhokhar putting the bomb down next to an 8 year old and then walk off before it kills him, I think it will be hard to deny he did it.

Some years ago, a member of a local singing ensemble mislaid the bag with her cordless mike in it at DFW. I was blown up.

Unless he (accidentally) dies first and then there will be no reason to release anything. Especially if they don't have it. That's what I'm expecting to happen.

If there's an actual trial, I'll spring for beer. :)

Some years ago, a member of a local singing ensemble mislaid the bag with her cordless mike in it at DFW. I was blown up.

Many years ago, I left an envelope for a courier to pick up. The receptionist was at lunch, so I left it in front of the entrance, right at the door, where the courier could get it without waiting for the receptionist to let him in. By the time I came back to check on it, the receptionist called security and they had my envelope covered with a metal garbage can, getting ready to call the authorities.

Back