Flight aware glitch?

MikeC

Closed Account
Here's an interesting from a chemmie who's found something that is actually new and pretty damned strange on Plane finder:

not something I can explain, however it looks like eth a/c exceeded it's range by quiet a lot and I'm surprised het passengers didn't complain about the journey time!!;)

Edit - wrong title - it's Plane finder, not Flight Aware

Looks to me like there are two flights with the same identifier, and the locations from both aircraft are being stored against the one identifier resulting the the aircraft appearing to weave between the two flight routes; one point on this route, next point on other route, etc.

Dodgy data will get you every time.

Happens on other sites too, like flightradar24.

Two flights, same ID, one going South and one going North, creating an exciting phenomenon for Max Bliss:

Off topic. I happened across a FB post linking to youtube. It was Flightradar and showed a plane flying all over the place over the west coast. The commentator was asking also why an aircraft would fly in circles and take off and land at the same airport. Now I know little about aviation but I think Boeing Airfield was a big clue. Anywho the posts have disappeared now.

Off topic. I happened across a FB post linking to youtube. It was Flightradar and showed a plane flying all over the place over the west coast. The commentator was asking also why an aircraft would fly in circles and take off and land at the same airport. Now I know little about aviation but I think Boeing Airfield was a big clue. Anywho the posts have disappeared now.

Was it this type of thing?
http://contrailscience.com/voodoo-contrails-over-los-angeles/

Last edited:
Yeah. It was a new one on me but Google helps. I felt a little sorry as he sounded ever so excited in his video ;)

Back