Flares in the Sky? [Landing Lights of Planes landing at Phoenix Airport]

Ingrid Delaney

Hi I'm new here and wanted to post two of my videos I took some years back. ***PLEASE MUTE VIDEOS AS PROFANITY IS USED I tried to remove AUDIO without success.

"This was maybe a couple years ago at different times, however in the same location. The initial occurrence had me pretty excited but I soon forgot about it until it happened again. I haven't really had any answers about what they could be after I posted them to my youtube page without much discussion."

I'm assuming they're flares and I just happened upon them in the same location, albeit two different times (Maybe a month or so apart)

My questions are.

1.) What do you think they are?

2.) They are seemingly close together however some are stationary and others are moving (up) I know flares can do this with thermals (sp?)

Thanks guys! Any feedback is appreciated!

+.46seconds on 1st video and +.11seconds on 2nd video are my screenshots
Round1.png

Round2.png

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
They appear to be distant planes. At 1:00 in the second video you can see the navigation lights blinking on the top one. When planes are 50 to 100 miles away and heading straight towards you it looks like they are just hanging in the sky for a long time, barely moving. You see multiple planes on approaches to airports.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Just before you get to N. Price you are travelling West on W. Elliot.
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.349...4!1sX-1XkxmsUyrsqr8L-O6JKQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
You are parallel to the Phoenix International airport runways. So you are almost certainly seeing some planes that are lined up in the distance. You will probably see these every night in the same location. I've seen very similar "hanging, slowly rising" lights on approaches to LAX and Sacramento.
Metabunk 2018-09-17 08-58-48.jpg

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
D Mysterious illuminated objects filmed from ferry off US coast[Military flares] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 6
abi Lights in the sky above town lights [Lens Flares] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Fin Debunked: 2007 Avebury UFO sighting [Military Exercise Flares] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Mick West Explained: UFOs that look like flares or fireworks [Aerobatic planes with wingtip pyrotechnics] UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 3
jarlrmai Claim: UFO following jet into landing at JFK on 11/11/19 UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 15
R Claim: Apollo 15-17 Live TV Feed - Antenna signal would be interrupted from all the violent shaking when Astronauts touch the buggy General Discussion 26
Nandude Light Fall Off in Apollo Missions - American Moon Documentary Conspiracy Theories 16
A Debunked: NASA tampered with the original television audio of the Apollo 11 moon landing Conspiracy Theories 1
A Debunked : Fake Set Moon Landing with TV Camera and Stairs Conspiracy Theories 3
Staffan Debunked: Wikileaks releases unused footage of moon landing (Capricorn One movie scenes) Conspiracy Theories 2
Mick West Old USAF "UFO" Video Mentioned By Chris Mellon Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 15
jarlrmai Landing lights? Can anyone id the configuration Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
txt29 Apollo 17: alleged inconsistency of shadows Conspiracy Theories 34
nickrulercreator [Debunked] Apollo 14 Flag Waving Before Ascent? Science and Pseudoscience 21
Georgie G Debunked: SpaceX Rocket Crash Landing Anomalies General Discussion 21
Trailspotter A new way to stop the gridlock in the skies General Discussion 0
Hevach Debunked: Philae Landing Faked Conspiracy Theories 20
Mick West Identifying Landing Lights Reported as UFOs Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 38
Balance Debunked: Pilot Forgets To Turn Off CHEMTRAILS while landing [Aerodynamic Contrail, Wake Vortex] Contrails and Chemtrails 109
Soulfly Landing Gear Comes Off Southwest Jet At LaGuardia Airport General Discussion 6
AluminumTheory Alex Jones' and his Moon Landing Conspiracy. Conspiracy Theories 18
U Debunked: Moon Landing and NASA Photo - non parallel shadows Conspiracy Theories 13
George B Explained: Square in a NASA photo? [Centaur Landing Reference Grid] General Discussion 9
J Strange lights on picture of the moon during "Blood Moon" [Stuck Pixels] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
Rory Unusual line of lights seen over Baja California Sur, Mexico Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Mick West Bright Lights Behind Trees, With Roiling Glare. Panama City, Florida. Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 32
Mick West Unusual Light Track in Long Exposures, Grand Canyon Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 38
8 Strange Row of Lights Under a Plane? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 42
Mick West The Shape and Size of Glare Around Bright Lights UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 42
Mick West Strange Lights in Phone Photos - Flash Reflection from Window UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
Andrew Gillett Explained: Squares in the sky? [Reflection of lights in a window] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 18
Mick West Red Winged UFO, Mufon case 91964 - Plane Lights Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 34
Mick West Explained: Mysterious lights over Milwaukee [Seagulls, Night Exposure Trails] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 27
Mick West Explained: Mexico City Earthquake Lights [Power Line Arcing and Transformer Explosions] Science and Pseudoscience 30
deirdre Debunked: Lights chasing each other carving holes in clouds (fake video, fallstreak holes) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
Mick West Lights over Sacramento - Just a Plane, But what's that Beam? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
P Another photographic anomaly [Long exposure of plane lights] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Trailspotter UFO with navigation lights, Drone or aircraft? [Low Flying FedEx 777] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
deirdre Debunked: Jane Seymour advocates red lights for gun free homes (Satire site) General Discussion 6
M Physical Object or Camera Artifcat? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 8
derwoodii Debunked: Strange lights above Canberra: (Photoshop mistake) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West Debunked: Airplane passenger 'takes picture of UFO that was giving off bright lights and orbs' UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 28
WhiteTiger Explained: "Chemdust fallout" [Out of Focus Photos of dust, mist, lights, etc.] Contrails and Chemtrails 21
n0sweat Lights in the Sky (Swansea UK 11/10/14) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 9
Mick West "Strange Lights" over Hawaii [Aegis Ashore SM-3 Missile Test] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Robert Tankersley Debunked: Video of UFO behind a cloud, dropping flashing blue lights [Viral Marketing Hoax] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 43
November Dashed Lights Coming From the Sky [Likely long exposure + flash + flickering lights] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 92
Jarmey 657 More Strange lights in the Sky! [Short Sunlit Contrails] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 58
Related Articles

Related Articles

Latest posts