Factual Errors in "Why In The World Are They Spraying"

Well I have seen youtube videos where they insist that the contrails are below cumulus cloud visible in the same image.

It should seem obvious that the contrails are quite high and the cumulus clouds are not since the cumulus cloud obscure the trails when they pass between the camera and the trails and due to the faster apparent motion of the cumulus clouds. But there it is, some people wish to perceive those as "low altitude" trails and so they do.

The misconception here is partly due to the transparency illusion. For a very transparent cloud you can't really tell if it's in front or behind another transparent cloud. So it's easy to get your brain to "see" it one way or the other if there's some other visual cue you are misinterpreting. Here the contrails do at times look like they are in front of the thinner portions of the low clouds, but they are really behind them, as indicated by the relative motion, like you said.

I need to write a CS post about this, as it keeps coming up.

Quite ridiculous

Indeed. ...and that particular youtube Believer- Skywitness- is one of the most intransigent folks out there- completely unwilling or unable to ever accept anything other than their definition of reality.

I suspect skywitness doesn't believe in Chemtrails at all but is involved in some sort of business that profits from chemtrail hysteria.
Skywitness seems to enjoy it as a spin doctoring game like a salesperson who will defend their dodgy product against any criticism.
Erniemac and a few others had a long attempt on youtube to get skywitness to admit airliners had flap track fairings and admit that KC10s had flap track fairings in the places where "tankerenemy" had labeled them as "nozzles". Skywitness's game was to never admit the reality and swamp video comments so that any sensible discussion was swept off screen and he could reassert the nonsense on a "clean" slate.
He did the same thing with the ksla barium results, patiently waiting for folks to explain the details of the incorrectly reported results, then flooding the comments with "govt agent" nonsense and reasserting the barium claims as if the explanations of scientific units had never been presented.
That strikes me as not someone who is misguided in their beliefs but who knows their claims are wrong and will use highly specific tactics to try to erase contrary information and increase numbers of views to a video in order to profit from google adshare etc. A sheister rather than believer I suspect.

The misconception here is partly due to the transparency illusion. For a very transparent cloud you can't really tell if it's in front or behind another transparent cloud. So it's easy to get your brain to "see" it one way or the other if there's some other visual cue you are misinterpreting. Here the contrails do at times look like they are in front of the thinner portions of the low clouds, but they are really behind them, as indicated by the relative motion, like you said.

I need to write a CS post about this, as it keeps coming up.

Transparency can certainly obscure ;) relative distance of clouds and can explain the mis-interpretation of many images and videos.

If in this particular video all of the low clouds had been transparent I could understand mistaking them as being behind the contrails. However, thicker portions of the cumulus clouds clearly obscure the contrails when they pass between the viewer and the contrail. That should tell the viewer without further question that the cumulus clouds are lower than the contrails even if you then cannot tell from the video alone how high the contrails actually are. This appears to be a case of a believer simply seeing what they desire to be true.

I suspect skywitness doesn't believe in Chemtrails at all but is involved in some sort of business that profits from chemtrail hysteria.
Skywitness seems to enjoy it as a spin doctoring game like a salesperson who will defend their dodgy product against any criticism.
Erniemac and a few others had a long attempt on youtube to get skywitness to admit airliners had flap track fairings and admit that KC10s had flap track fairings in the places where "tankerenemy" had labeled them as "nozzles". Skywitness's game was to never admit the reality and swamp video comments so that any sensible discussion was swept off screen and he could reassert the nonsense on a "clean" slate.
He did the same thing with the ksla barium results, patiently waiting for folks to explain the details of the incorrectly reported results, then flooding the comments with "govt agent" nonsense and reasserting the barium claims as if the explanations of scientific units had never been presented.
That strikes me as not someone who is misguided in their beliefs but who knows their claims are wrong and will use highly specific tactics to try to erase contrary information and increase numbers of views to a video in order to profit from google adshare etc. A sheister rather than believer I suspect.

I think true believers are perfectly capable of this sort of behavior. I contradicted a truther's link to a paper that claimed that seismic data proved that there was a "subterrainean detonation" that brought all the buildings down.

Here is part of his response:

Scumbird,

WTC7 is the biggest enigma, given that the official explanation of its collapse was fire, and No steel frame high rise building has ever collapsed due to a fire in the history of civilization....

Anyone know what was housed in WTC7??...(several paragraphs about Enron, CIA, IRS, etc... clipped so as to not copy his entire post)

...The folks that put this video together is comprised of thousands of architectural experts...

Here is more food for thought on 9-11, this was our beloved Donald Rumsfeld on 9-10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU4GdHLUHwU

He announces $2.3 trillion missing from Pentagon, the next day a missile goes into the accounting wing of the Pentagon.....that is one hell of a coincidence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Bn_CC_mrg

...9-11 has basically allowed the corporate take over of modern civilization to be complete. Welcome to a wonderful world of TSA patdowns and prostate checks, video cameras at every traffic stop, drones in the sky, with the passage of the NDAA you can be detained indefinitely for no reason, GMO foods are good for you too, at least that is what Monsanto (creators of Agent Orange) and Dupont want you to think, we now support Al Qaeda in Libya and Syria, and on and on......

That is just a portion of his post. If I attempt to enter into a discussion with him he will bury me in copy/paste from several conspiracy minded websites.

Indeed. ...and that particular youtube Believer- Skywitness- is one of the most intransigent folks out there- completely unwilling or unable to ever accept anything other than their definition of reality.
Don't I know it. I got bored with him real quick. Years ago. He was never even friendly. You are an enemy, and enemies are always wrong. No effort required. Rant, rant.

I think true believers are perfectly capable of this sort of behavior. I contradicted a truther's link to a paper that claimed that seismic data proved that there was a "subterrainean detonation" that brought all the buildings down.

Here is part of his response:

That is just a portion of his post. If I attempt to enter into a discussion with him he will bury me in copy/paste from several conspiracy minded websites.

Classic Gish Gallop there. The thing is if he was really interesting in the truth he could quite easily prune 90% of such lists himself with a little effort, as it sounds like he's just regurgitating stuff from years ago.

It's not worth attempting address such lists, as it would take you forever to go through it, and there's always more. That's why I always try to get people to focus on one thing at a time.

Actually World Health Organization's charts on pg 27 of the report below shows that respiratory disorders have been on the rise. https://docs.google.com/file/d/1g1t1O5PkLc0lCp2tiDD3chm2pGRLa4bXrSPk2vveNUfzbXqnLWVM4eDUoD7K/edit

Also, this study shows that the rate of increase of lung disease is significant in areas of the United States and the source is the National Institute of Allergy and Infectuous Diseases:
http://www.niaid.nih.gov/news/newsreleases/2009/Pages/NTMLungDisease.aspx

A research team led by epidemiologists from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, part of the National Institutes of Health, analyzed hospital discharge records of patients in 11 states whose combined total population represents 42 percent of the country. They reviewed database records spanning 1998 to 2005, and identified more than 16,475 hospitalizations associated with pulmonary NTM in people without AIDS. Before the widespread availability of combination antiretroviral therapy, pulmonary NTM disease was a common opportunistic infection among people with AIDS infection; in this study, the researchers limited their analysis to non-AIDS NTM disease.
Of the 11 states studied, Florida, New York and California had 62 percent of the pulmonary NTM hospitalizations. The scientists chose these states to compare trends by geographic area. They found the annual prevalence of disease increased significantly among men and women in Florida (3.2 percent per year for men and 6.5 percent per year for women) and among women in New York (4.6 percent per year). There were no significant changes in California. Whether these geographic differences in prevalence are a result of exposure to NTM, or increased concentrations of mycobacterium in certain environments, or both, is not clear. However, previous studies have found high disease prevalence in the southeastern United States, particularly along the coastal regions of the Atlantic and Gulf coasts.
Also, as for there not being chemicals released by air planes, what, then, do you make of this?

http://www.weathermodification.com/cloud-seeding.php

An interesting quote from the website: Aerial cloud seeding is the process of delivering a seeding agent by aircraft - either at the cloud base or cloud top. Top seeding allows for direct injection of the seeding agent into the supercooled cloud top. Base seeding is the release of the seeding agent in the updraft of a cloud base.

The seeding agent is a chemical. You can argue that maybe it's not toxic, but you have to admit, it's a pretty blatant determination that there is cloud seeding going on: aka, chemtrail spraying.

Claim: "Respiratory Mortality in the continental US has gone from 8th on the list to 3rd in just six years"
Source: 00:09:26 Dane Wiginton:
Status: False. Respiratory Mortality did move from 4th to 3rd, however the rate did not change, this was due to a decrease in the mortality from strokes.
Reference: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db64.pdf

Do leading causes of death change rank?
Between 1980 and 2007, the three leading causes of death (heart disease, cancer, and stroke) did not change in order of ranking. In 2008, however, chronic lower respiratory diseases replaced stroke as the third leading cause of death, and stroke fell to the fourth leading cause (6ranking order remains in 2009 (3). It is worth noting that because deaths from heart disease have tended to decrease throughout the 1980–2009 period, it is likely that at some point in the near future heart disease will no longer be the leading cause of death in the United States.) (Figure 6). This
Figure 6. Age-adjusted death rates for leading causes of death: United States, 1999–2007 and preliminary 2008 and 2009

NOTES: Rates are plotted on a logarithmic scale. Leading causes of death from 1999 through 2007 were, in order: heart disease, cancer, stroke, and chronic lowerrespiratory diseases. Leading causes of death for 2008 and 2009 were, in order: heart disease, cancer, chronic lower respiratory diseases, and stroke.SOURCE: CDC/NCHS, National Vital Statistics System, Mortality.
Content from External Source
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure if I stumbled upon a right wing extremist site, but why would you say that the documentary, which is free, is funded by "giant corporations" when in fact it's attacking giant corporations and defending individual farmers? Also, your attack ad hominem quite blatantly contradicts what this website claims to be about, that little pyramid thing that says don't attack the person but the claim? I guess that went by you really high above your head... or else this site is just a facade for something else.

I didn't know this was a movie. Here are the websites:

Geoengineering Watch:http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/

Coalition Against Geoengineering: http://www.coalitionagainstgeoengineering.org

Farm Wars: http://farmwars.info/?p=8970#more-8970

Truth Media: http://www.truthmediaproductions.blogspot.com

Here is the movie:

I've only watched the first few minutes, but his video has high production values. It looks expensive.

Usually these leftist environmentalist websites and propaganda videos are funded by giant corporations via money funneled through a 503(c) non-profit foundation.

Does anyone know which corporations are funding this one?

I'm really confused. Some of this stuff is taken out of context. For example, the zero aluminum in the sample was in reference to their telling them that the sample was contaminated and returning a zero aluminum count afterwards, which suggests manipulation of the test results. I'm pretty sure that was the implication. Also, what is the idea behind the conflation of geoengineering and weather modification? Isn't weather modification (done through cloud seeding, which injects chemicals into clouds) not a form of spraying chemicals into the atmosphere? You have the appearance of being a very sedate person, but this does seem to take things out of context and distort them: precisely what this website says not to do? Or am I missing an important point here? I would really like to think that Monsanto is NOT spraying chemicals, but it's pretty persuasive to me when you find such companies on websites as Weather Modification Inc that this is precisely what they do.

I would really like to think that Monsanto is NOT spraying chemicals, but it's pretty persuasive to me when you find such companies on websites as Weather Modification Inc that this is precisely what they do.

Monsanto is on the Weather Modification website? I've just had a quick look around and I can't see them mentioned, can you point out where please?

Your first link does not work - i requires permission to view a google doc - perhaps you can link to its source?

Also, this study shows that the rate of increase of lung disease is significant in areas of the United States and the source is the National Institute of Allergy and Infectuous Diseases:
http://www.niaid.nih.gov/news/newsreleases/2009/Pages/NTMLungDisease.aspx

Nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) are environmental organisms found in both water and soil that can cause severe pulmonary (lung) disease in humans. Pulmonary NTM is on the rise in the United States, according to a large study of people hospitalized with the condition.
Content from External Source
It is caused by an ORGANISM found in soil and water - why would you mention it in conjunction with "chemtrails"?

How can this [guy] draw the ineptly false analogy of "You don't see people with breath trails trailing behind them" and elicitit laughter from so many [people]?

How can this [guy] draw the ineptly false analogy of "You don't see people with breath trails trailing behind them" and elicitit laughter from so many [people]?

It's not entirely an unreasonable question. Why does your breath condensation evaporate? It's not exactly the type of thing people think about.

I am not sure if I stumbled upon a right wing extremist site, but why would you say that the documentary, which is free, is funded by "giant corporations" when in fact it's attacking giant corporations and defending individual farmers? Also, your attack ad hominem quite blatantly contradicts what this website claims to be about, that little pyramid thing that says don't attack the person but the claim? I guess that went by you really high above your head... or else this site is just a facade for something else.

All Charlie did was to ask a question. Do you know who funded that movie? Good question, actually. Please let me know what you find out, Tired.

Back