Explaining the white smoke from the base of the South Tower 9/11

James Richards

Hi People,

I had a quick search, but couldn't find anything on the following images on Metabunk;

Screenshot (102).png

Screenshot (103).png

It's claimed there was white smoke before the collapse of the South Tower, coming from the base of it. The second image was apparently released after a freedom of information request.

Has this already been explained?

I am currently tearing apart a "documentary" I was sent to watch, and this one had me stumped.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've changed your thread title to "explaining" vs "debunking". There isn't anything to debunk because you did not add a claim of anything to debunk.

Using an image search I find this blog. the comments are suggesting possibly a car fire at the base of the catwalk
(your second photo). unfortunately the video attached is no longer on youtube.. perhaps you or someone else can find footage from that area.
http://911blogger.com/news/2008-03-...nd-level-explosions-right-collapse-each-tower
upload_2018-10-17_16-10-46.png

I'm busy now so I'm violating the no click policy :oops:

but some additional info for readers:

NYPD photo of south face base smoke from the South Tower. The photo can be found on page 102 of a NIST Report on emergency response operations here: http://www.fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/fire05/PDF/f05150.pdf
Content from External Source
wtc2beforecollapselobbysmoke.jpg

Your first pic doesn't look like anything more than the building collapse. Is the documentary online so we can see more footage? There was an "explosion" (ie. stuff coming down the elevator shafts) in one of the Towers..I can't remember which Tower that was but there is probably a thread on that ..try searching or googling "firefighters explosions)

Anyone know what time the second image was taken? The crooked first screenshot with the test is during the collapse, but the second on looks like it is taken from before. Therefore, this "white" smoke was coming out before collapse, perhaps? Not sure what that means, but I wouldn't think that one could say that it was "during" the collapse ONLY. Also, it doesn't look that white to me. The one during the collapse is covered in the shadow of the falling debris, so it tends to look a little lighter. But, the second definitely has some darkness to it.

i think it is a car fire

A comment left on a blog post which includes these photos, at http://stevenwarran-backstage.blogspot.com/2010/11/cryptome-and-nist.html

Peter Humann said...

I didn't read all the comments but one of the questions asked was why was that lot only a quarter filled it's because it was over $50 to park there after 2 hours; my car was in that lot that morning I was trying to get it out when the second plane hit most of that debris was from the first plane body parts every where 2 cars in fire from I am assuming jet fuel.

October 11, 2016 at 1:23 AM

A comment left on a blog post which includes these photos, at http://stevenwarran-backstage.blogspot.com/2010/11/cryptome-and-nist.html

Peter Humann said...

I didn't read all the comments but one of the questions asked was why was that lot only a quarter filled it's because it was over $50 to park there after 2 hours; my car was in that lot that morning I was trying to get it out when the second plane hit most of that debris was from the first plane body parts every where 2 cars in fire from I am assuming jet fuel.

October 11, 2016 at 1:23 AM
that actually sounds pretty cheap for such a convenient location. I remember in the early 90's it was about 40$ to park for a few hours in the Washington Square area. Here's a nearby one today (there are prices on the signs in some of my pics above but I cant read the fine print.

Current:
ipp.PNG

I don't see what the "parking lot being a quarter full" would point to.... Not sure what there is to gain in terms of conspiracy... If there are any pics of that lot before 9/11, it might look the same. I tried looking on GE, but everything was either too shaded by the still standing towers, or was too old to get a good image. I think that many people who work downtown probably do not drive, so fighting your way to park across the street from WTC for a pretty hefty sum of money might put that parking lot 1/2 full at best on most days. There is also the many factors that we saw that kept the towers mildly empty too... Fairly early in the morning, first day of school, so people were coming in late, big game the night before, so many called in sick...
It could be possible that some people might have tried to move their cars too.

I have never really seen these pics, and that surprises me, as there is a clear shot of a plane wheel and what I would assume is the chunk of steel from the exit hole from tower 1. Maybe I just missed these images before.

I think that many people who work downtown probably do not drive,
that and there was vast underground parking. Perhaps some people don't realize that most professionals take the train into the city or use the subway if they are more local. Or the fact that there was several floors of underground parking (which is where the 1993 bomb exploded).
On February 26, 1993, at 12:18 p.m., a small cell of terrorists, with links to a local radical mosque and broader Islamist terror networks, detonated about 1,200 pounds of explosives in a rental van in the underground parking garage at the World Trade Center. The terrorists fled the area after setting the bomb to explode. The explosion created a five-story crater in the sub-grade levels of the towers and undermined the floor of an adjoining hotel.
https://www.911memorial.org/1993-world-trade-center-bombing

I have never seen these pics, and that surprises me, as there is a clear shot of a plane wheel and what I would assume is the chunk of steel from the exit hole from tower 1.

The wheel and panel are mentioned in the NIST report, on page 21:
A wheel from the left wing landing gear flew through multiple partitions, through the core of the building, and became embedded in one of the exterior column panels on the south side of the tower. The impact severed the bolts connecting the panel to its neighbors, and the panel and tire landed on Cedar Street, some 700 ft to the south

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/GOVPU...VPUB-C13-f7122d930eede23691ffc0b486548fd0.pdf

Back