Explained: Orlando shooting green screen claim

it can be explained by:
a91ef420911ef9d21c6e36015136d099.jpg ml.JPG
original video footage

they use camera lights even in daylight to get rid of shadows on interviewers faces.

leadsandyhook.jpg RFDMedia-and-mass-shootings-sfSpan.jpg

add: regular politician press conference outdoors
media-crews-await-a-press-conference-with-idaho-senator-larry-craig-ajd1hy
media-crews-await-a-press-conference-with-idaho-senator-larry-craig-ajd1hy.jpg

Last edited:
and just because i want people to learn how to do their own research. here's how i did it.

i used Chrome browser and searched the womans name. then chose videos. i used the search options to fine tune to "past month"
howto.png

then when i saw it was Matt Lauer i googled "Matt Lauer Orlando", searchtools: past month, chose images and found the camera image that matches the background of the interview.

seeing his face lit nicely even with the canopy so close and him standing i shadow i realized they must use lights even in daytime. so googled "press crews daylight", chose images... and found other images of lights used in daytime shots. square lights as well as round lights.

If you look closely you'll see there are two reflections of the same set of lights, from the front and back of her glasses (different curvature give different reflections)

There's only one large square array, and some less bright circular lights, possible just reflectors.

The main set of light is just this:
20160618-151316-yi90w.jpg

These LED light pads are commonly used these days...and used outside and during daylight.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBzBc2IFOB0

LitePad Vector is the light fixture cinematographers, gaffers, videographers, lighting directors and photographers choose for on-location lighting. LitePad Vector CCT creates the same soft, even illumination that LitePad is known for, now with four times the output of its 12"x12" LitePad predecessors. With a tunable color temperature range of 3000K - 6000K, and its light-weight, compact form-factor LitePad Vector is the ideal lighting solution for location interviews, mobile documentaries and television/feature film productions.
https://www.rosco.com/litepad/litepadVectorCCT.cfm?menuReturn=litepad
Content from External Source

Last edited:
I have to laugh at the idea(s) that:

A) Lighting can only be used indoors, with green screens
B) Whoever orchestrates these events has enough money to implement sophisticated computer imagery, etc, but can't just film a person on location

I have to laugh at the idea(s) that:

A) Lighting can only be used indoors, with green screens
B) Whoever orchestrates these events has enough money to implement sophisticated computer imagery, etc, but can't just film a person on location
That would be too easy... ;)

I posted a reply along these lines linking back here, and no replies or further comments so far. Maybe this one is not gripping enough, or maybe there's been a sudden outbreak of rationality. You think?

You optimism will soon wear off young padwan......
) Yes, I suspect you are right.

;-) Not so young, not so optimistic. Tongue located in cheek. .Still, pessimism of the intellect, optimism of the will...

If you look closely you'll see there are two reflections of the same set of lights, from the front and back of her glasses (different curvature give different reflections)

There's only one large square array, and some less bright circular lights, possible just reflectors.

The main set of light is just this:
20160618-151316-yi90w.jpg
Another point is that when location shooting for stuff like news, you only need a couple of lights to fill in shadows on the face of the subject, as you see in the footage. Shooting green screen requires a large bank of lighting. Not only do you need to light the subject, but you also need to completely light the green screen so no shadows or inconsistencies show up though the matting in post production. Therefore if this was green screen there you be far far more than two lights reflected in the glasses.

I posted a reply along these lines linking back here, and no replies or further comments so far. Maybe this one is not gripping enough, or maybe there's been a sudden outbreak of rationality. You think?
I think it's because the CTs may agree and concede to the fact that there is lighting used during the day and proving so doesn't necessarily bring any huge discrepancy to light that they can use to support their outrageous claims.

[ gish gallop with no exact quotes added or links to sources: removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back