Erin Brokovich does not believe in chemtrails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leifer

Senior Member.
She has recently stood-up for cleaner air in Utah, but has never mentioned "chemtrails" as the cause.
https://www.facebook.com/7596080549...60805493/10153733806175494/?type=1&permPage=1
Another instance of her recent Utah air pollution criticism.... http://www.brockovich.com/projects/stericycle-utah/

Despite several Facebook pages dedicated to her activism...a new FB page seems to have arisen, implying she somehow is, or "should" believe in chemtrails. The page is called a "Plea for her action", but the followers seem to see her critisizm as truth.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Plea...gal-Action-against-Chemtrails/373781936107888

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a video from 2009 where she says a lot of people have emailed her, but she doesn't know much about it, and her focus has been on groundwater.

So I'm sure she's very familiar with the theory by this point, but being a sensible person with a good scientific network, she knows there's no real evidence behind it.

Leifer

Senior Member.
As someone who relies on real and physical evidence to prove her cases of activism in a courtroom.....she is never likely to join the "chemtrail" bandwagon.
In fact, she may a very good model for truth activists, in that she does not seem to take-on an activist cause, unless there IS real and hard evidence.

TWCobra

Senior Member.
In fact, she may a very good model for truth activists, in that she does not seem to take-on an activist cause, unless there IS real and hard evidence.
You'd think that, but even the complete disinterest of conspiracy group "Pilot for 9/11 truth" in the chemtrail meme has not affected their zeal that much.

M Bornong

Senior Member.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Just posted three hours ago, and already a deluge of excited comments.

Hopefully Erin was just positing what she though was a commentary on pollution, and has not actually been bamboozled into thinking there's something in the chemtrail claims. I would think she'd be pretty familiar with actual standards of evidence.

Efftup

Senior Member.
What's odd is that she appears to have posted the pic without comment.
and I am scrolling down and she has made NO comment so far.
Lots of people surprised and pointing out the chemtrail hoax has no evidence. Lots of people touting lookup.org, and WITWATS etc, Davoud Tohidy seems to have jumped on there, but so far i have not found any comment from her. maybe she got fraped and hasn't realised it yet

Dechelski

I don't understand...
What is the purpose of a chemtrail? (Conspiracy wise)
Who does it impact on?
Why do conspiracists believe they have a negative effect etc?
And most importantly.... is there any clear evidence to support their argument/claims?

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
There's many different interpretations as to purpose.
At the start of the theory it was as a means of either 'dumbing down' or mind-control through brain-effecting substances, or population control by introducing toxic substances into the general environment that would increase cancers and infertility, or introduce some newly created disease.
As that was 20 years ago and there's been no obvious mass-die-offs it's changed to geo-engineering the climate for the purpose of either mitigating global warming, or creating it in the first place.
Some people entertain notions of nano-bots being spread.
And the evidence is all circumstantial and interpretative. No direct evidence.

Leifer

Senior Member.
Or maybe, like lots of famous people, she has someone else handle her social media.
I agree......I don't think Erin ever posts on her "official" facebook page......and she may be well away from any content posted there. I see no list of administrators on her FB page. It's likely someone else manages that FB page.
Her official stand-alone website mentions nothing on the "chemtrail" issue. (she has no search-box)
Example google searches of her official site with two different words (chemtrails, and geoengineering)....leading to no results found:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&complete=0&site=webhp&q=chemtrails site:http://www.brockovich.com/&oq=chemtrails site:http://www.brockovich.com/&gs_l=serp.12...5340.8651.0.11019.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.msedrc...0...1c.1.58.serp..0.0.0.eVnpnn43Wi4

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&complete=0&site=webhp&q=geoengineering site:http://www.brockovich.com/&oq=geoengineering site:http://www.brockovich.com/&gs_l=serp.12...42037.46598.0.48980.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.msedrc...0...1c.1.58.serp..0.0.0.VfYRrrEdhls

so, to double-check that my Google search format is valid (using search words).....here is a similar search, using the word "poison".....(it gets results)
https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&complete=0&site=webhp&q=poison site:http://www.brockovich.com/&oq=poison site:http://www.brockovich.com/&gs_l=serp.12...1366260.1367778.0.1370277.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.msedrc...0...1c.1.58.serp..0.0.0.g8Cn4wtb0Do

Last edited:

Leifer

Senior Member.
This post was made by the Plea to Erin Brockovich...Facebook page a number of hours before. I hope it wasn't her science advisor that chose to post this, unless they are just fishing for reaction. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=385343778285037&id=373781936107888
View attachment 10061
This hardly anything more than them saying..'we have been looking into this subject for years'.

Last edited:

Peter

Debra

I see that a few of you are members of this Facebook group and are contributing to the discussion about the postings on Erin B's own Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/HAARPCHEMScienceFacts/

I am not the sharpest tool in the science shed and being relatively new to the chemtrail hoax I know what it is like to be bombarded with information, however it only took me a couple of hours on Google University to understand the science and disregard the other nonsense. I find it very concerning that a person who has presumedly been verified as being Erin B's science advisor thinks that contrail science is an 'opinion' and refuses to replace an image with something that is more appropriate to their clean air agenda. I wonder if they realise what is going to happen when they inevitably come out and say "sorry guys, but you are wrong".

As an aside, I haven't seen DW et al jump on the chest beating bandwagon. Perhaps they are a little concerned about the eventual outcome of this s**tstorm.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I had a brief chat with Robert about this. He seems very sensible, it's just that the subject is very new to him. I have confidence his approach will be very level headed.

AZSandy

This hardly anything more than them saying..'we have been looking into this subject for years'.
I have a hard time believing Brokovich, et al, will follow through once she gets a look at all the non-evidence available.

Leifer

Senior Member.
I would hope that Erin, Robert, and her entire team will be looking at all evidence and opinion, and come to a coherent and stable stance on the subject.
As Erin has been a 'pollution afflicted public' activist for a long time, I do find it hard to believe that this (chemtrails) subject has not crossed her plate over the years.
Perhaps her plate is full right now....and that is understandable too.

JRBids

Senior Member.
I guess it's possible that a "science advisor" apparently has never heard of this hoax, but I guess it's possible.

[edit: spelling]

Leifer

Senior Member.
I say we leave it alone, until we hear a stance from the Brockovich team. I'm sure they have heard earfuls by now.

Geoengineers talking about spraying aluminum into the atmosphere to stop global warming + NASA employees saying they're spraying chemtrails + Bill Gates funding these projects + A college in my state has a geoengineering course discussing the ethics of these programs = Yes Erin Brokovich believes in chemtrails, she's intelligent. ;)

Belfrey

Senior Member.
Geoengineers talking about spraying aluminum into the atmosphere to stop global warming
Talking about proposals to do so in the future, yes. Not about doing so now.
hiilikeyourbird said:
+ NASA employees saying they're spraying chemtrails
Saying they're releasing tiny quantities of chemicals from a small number of rockets to study the upper atmosphere, yes. Not spraying large amounts of chemicals from planes.
hiilikeyourbird said:
+ Bill Gates funding these projects +
Funding theoretical research into those proposals, you mean. Not funding actual field implementation.
hiilikeyourbird said:
A college in my state has a geoengineering course discussing the ethics of these programs
Have you taken the course? You'd probably learn that these programs are being proposed and discussed, but have not been implemented.
hiilikeyourbird said:
= Yes Erin Brokovich believes in chemtrails, she's intelligent. ;)
Intelligent, yes, and hopefully also well-informed enough to see the bunk underlying the "chemtrails" claims.

Trailblazer

Staff member
A college in my state has a geoengineering course discussing the ethics of these programs
Discussing the ethics of these programs. Exactly. Don't you think that such a controversial subject should be discussed in great depth before anybody goes ahead and does it?

Oxford University here in England runs a geoengineering research programme, too. That doesn't mean that geonegineering is being carried out now, and it certainly doesn't mean that aircraft contrails are geoengineering!

Stratospheric aerosols are just one of a number of proposed geoengineering methods that is being discussed, yet they seem to be the only one we ever hear anybody complaining about! Or is anyone trying to claim that there are currently giant space mirrors in orbit?

http://www.geoengineering.ox.ac.uk/what-is-geoengineering/what-is-geoengineering/

NoParty

Senior Member.
Geoengineers talking about spraying aluminum into the atmosphere to stop global warming + NASA employees saying they're spraying chemtrails + Bill Gates funding these projects + A college in my state has a geoengineering course discussing the ethics of these programs = Yes Erin Brokovich believes in chemtrails, she's intelligent. ;)
And here I'd chosen to believe that your 2.5 day absence after your ill-fated "Bill Gates" thread debacle
was because you'd reflected on the information and decided on less wild, unsupported positions... :oops:

Last edited:

Hama Neggs

Senior Member.
Please show where Erin has made her thoughts known on those items.

Svartbjørn

Senior Member.
State your sources for each of those claims please.. Id like to look them up for myself

Talking about proposals to do so in the future, yes. Not about doing so now.

Saying they're releasing tiny quantities of chemicals from a small number of rockets to study the upper atmosphere, yes. Not spraying large amounts of chemicals from planes.

Nice try, the NASA employee in a video in another thread clearly used the word "chemtrails" multiple times, unprovoked.

Funding theoretical research into those proposals, you mean. Not funding actual field implementation.

Well at least we agree this isn't a conspiracy theory, as you said. It is being researched. So now we just need more admittance of it. Wonderful!

Have you taken the course? You'd probably learn that these programs are being proposed and discussed, but have not been implemented.

No, I have not taken these courses. But I have contacted the scientists and teachers behind it. No one returns calls or emails...strange.

Intelligent, yes, and hopefully also well-informed enough to see the bunk underlying the "chemtrails" claims.

Lol
So the only argument that anyone here really has that this isn't happening is that is hasn't been fully disclosed...and well, most things aren't that our government does, aren't. The evidence is there.

http://fas.org/spp/military/docops/usaf/2025/v3c15/v3c15-1.htm

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2010/09/weather_as_a_weapon.html

Is this video a conspiracy? Are they lying?

No, a patent of a flighter engine is not proof against this. Engines in large military aircraft and commercial aircraft are designed specifically to have zero contrail. It would be too easy for any enemy to see. Trying to convince people that high bypass turbojet engines produce contrails like we're seeing is quite irresponsible. Those lines in the sky sure aren't some water vapor, but they sure look like aerosol spraying.

[....] PG

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeC

Closed Account
Yes, they are lying. There is no such design feature - it is impossible - if you burn hydrocarbons then you make water - that is basic chemistry. And if you make water then you can make a contrail - end of story.

High bypass engines generate most of their thrust from the air that does not go through the "core" - but they still have to burn a heap of fuel to generate that thrust.

they are certainly more efficient than older jets - but the margin is in the order of 30-50% more efficient - and they often generate 3-4 times as much thrust.

the maths is fairly easy - if you are 50% more efficient, but are making 3 times as much thrust, then you are still burning 50% more fuel, and thus are making 50% more water.

this has been covered here - https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...-make-contrails-actually-they-make-more.3187/

Last edited:

Belfrey

Senior Member.
Hiilikeyourbird, the "NASA scientist admits chemtrails" topic can be found here: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/de...s-for-decades-actually-sounding-rockets.2009/. Each side-topic you've brought up has been discussed here on other threads - I suggest that you do some looking around during your ban.

To relate this to the topic, Erin Brokovich is accustomed to dealing with evidence - and I would expect that she and her team would do at least a cursory check of these "chemtrails" claims before accepting them. You should do the same!

WeedWhacker

I wished to respond....or help to address....the misconceptions RE: the video that was posted in #34.

There is a potential here to help someone "learn", perhaps(?)

The video in (Post #34) is one that I replied to, directly. Is it possible to "tamp down" bunk when we see it? Or, is this a futile endeavour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Leifer 2 more [some holistic] MD’s found dead, total 8 Health and Quackery 19
J Why Does the Sun Rise and Set In a Straight Line? Flat Earth 14
Joe Hill WTC7: Does This "Look Like" a Controlled Implosion? 9/11 45
J Does google earth pro simulate refraction [No] Flat Earth 7
brad fuller Does the inverse-square law apply to the flat-earth debunking tool chest? Flat Earth 4
creatonez Explained: Why the Earth does not look oblate in photos from space Flat Earth 0
Mick West Why Does the Atmosphere Not Fly off into the Vacuum of Space? Flat Earth 21
Mick West What does the Flat Earth Look Like From Space, with Perspective? Flat Earth 19
Tom Binney Does my FE Debunk in this case make sense to you guys? Practical Debunking 23
ConfusedHominid Need Debunking (Claim): Metabunk Curve Calculator Does Not Calculate for Angular Size Flat Earth 13
S Explained: Why does this Apollo11 photo act so weirdly? Conspiracy Theories 13
FolsomG10 Does Zooming in Change How Much of Something is Hidden by the Horizon [No] Flat Earth 54
Mick West Explained: Why a Spirit Level on a Plane Does Not Show Curvature "Corrections" Flat Earth 98
Trailblazer Why does Polaris appear stationary on a rotating Earth? Flat Earth 16
izz Does this photo show a too-small hole in the Pentagon? [No] 9/11 28
Supreme Logic Why does the equator stay warm all year? Conspiracy Theories 7
P Does Orlando victim switch legs when he switches languages [No] Conspiracy Theories 8
Rory Does the Earth's Curvature Vary with Latitude? [No, not significantly] Flat Earth 34
Z.W. Wolf Does Sundial Disprove Flat Earth? Flat Earth 17
Gamolon Does Mick West's WTC model meet the Heiwa Challenge? 9/11 25
aka How does this Domino Tower Collapse relate to 9/11 Collapses 9/11 75
mrfintoil Study: When Debunking Scientific Myths Fails (and When It Does Not) Practical Debunking 3
Tony Szamboti Does the exclusion of stiffness from Nordenson's falling girder calculations demonstrate anything? 9/11 288
william wiley Does Damage to MH17 indicate or exclude a Particular Buk Launch Location? Flight MH17 662
Hama Neggs Where does "Scientist" end and "debunker" begin? Practical Debunking 16
Steve Funk Does Guy McPherson believe in chemtrails? [No] Contrails and Chemtrails 21
Ogmion Does DNA emit light General Discussion 8
T How Does This Failed Demolition Relate to the Collapse of the WTC Towers? 9/11 14
Trailblazer SkyderALERT: where does the money go? Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Leifer does Social Media + Ego help drive conspiracy theories ? General Discussion 63
David Fraser Super/subscript, how does one do it? Site Feedback & News 4
qed Why does the Lunar Lander leave not tracks Conspiracy Theories 44
Mick West The Johnson and Johnson Settlement, where does it fit in the conspiracy world Conspiracy Theories 13
qed Does concrete melt? 9/11 84
hiper Does Seismic Evidence Imply Controlled Demolition on 9/11 9/11 101
Mick West How Much Does Metabunk.org Cost to Run? Site Feedback & News 17
MikeC Video that does actually support hypothesis with evidence Contrails and Chemtrails 1
fonestar Why does JFK's Head go back after he's shot from the back? [warning: contains gore] Conspiracy Theories 178
Cairenn How much does a storm weigh? Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Mick West Does NIST not testing for explosives and not testing WTC7 steel invalidate everything 9/11 246
Mick West How Much Money Does Alex Jones Make? People Debunked 17
Critical Thinker What does Greenpeace think about chemtrails? Contrails and Chemtrails 34
iKnowWhoYouAre why does this site even exist? General Discussion 134
Canadasix If its just contrails why does it start from the east and work it's way west? Contrails and Chemtrails 10
scombrid Does drug use cause paranoia or do paranoids seek out psychoactive drugs? General Discussion 7
Leifer Rabies does not exist. Conspiracy Theories 8
U Why does this site not debunk government and corporate wrongdoings? Site Feedback & News 4
Juror No. 8 Does the U.S. government manufacture terrorism? If so, why? General Discussion 99
firepilot Does Roxy Lopez have callers on her friday internet show? Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Pogopoint99 Does Rosalind Peterson believe in chemtrails? Contrails and Chemtrails 17
Related Articles

Related Articles