Debunked: The DHS Ordered 21.6 Million Rounds Of Ammo

Hi everybody, i wrote this post last night, thought i'd put it in front of the ultimate group of fact checkers (that's all of YOU) and see what kind of blow back i get.

Debunked: The DHS Ordered 21.6 Million Rounds Of Ammo

:rolleyes:

Seems correct. But I think the bigger issue to focus on is that the large quantities of ammo they purchase in general is for training and practice usage, not actually killing people. While infowars got the math wrong here, the the DHS actually ARE buying a lot of ammo - but it's really just based on what they use for training, and buying in bulk to save money.

At least they TRAIN. Some police depts need to do a lot more of that and so do a lot of gun owners

Seems correct. But I think the bigger issue to focus on is that the large quantities of ammo they purchase in general is for training and practice usage, not actually killing people. While infowars got the math wrong here, the the DHS actually ARE buying a lot of ammo - but it's really just based on what they use for training, and buying in bulk to save money.

I agree Mick. But the problem i had with this particular miscalculation is, it seemed like all the media outlets reported the 21.6 million figure. Even Investor's Business Daily did a piece. Nobody checked the paperwork. This makes me wonder what numbers would really be found if all the orders were tracked down and calculated.

I did start looking at the September 2012 order and it looked like a bulk purchase to cover the next 5 year period. I haven't gone any further into it, i was burning out, but if all these bulk purchase numbers could be divided by 5, it brings the numbers back to earth.

Maybe when i get a little more time.

:)

Back