Debunked: National Weather Service (NOAA) ordering ammo

Well, there are a number of gross interpretations and misrepresentations, and a few out right lies in that article. Has anyone tried to go back and find similar ammo purchases by the government in the past. This seems to me to mostly be making a big deal out of something that is business as usual. Most of this stuff has its origins during the Bush administration, yet no one wove it into a conspiracy then.

Thanks, Roland. The more I look at the facts, I'm inclined to agree. But their paranoia didn't begin with Obama. Many of the more die-hard patriots believe that Bush and company (actually his neocon puppetmasters) were behind 9/11. And they're keenly aware that the Patriot Act was not signed into law by Obama. There's a general distrust of the Federal government and, although it has intensified under Obama, they believe it originated with the NWO crowd long before him. Matter of fact, I have a number of rightwing friends who think Cheney initiated the chemtrail program (or should I say phantom chemtrail program).

Thanks, Roland. The more I look at the facts, I'm inclined to agree. But their paranoia didn't begin with Obama. Many of the more die-hard patriots believe that Bush and company (actually his neocon puppetmasters) were behind 9/11. And they're keenly aware that the Patriot Act was not signed into law by Obama. There's a general distrust of the Federal government and, although it has intensified under Obama, they believe it originated with the NWO crowd long before him. Matter of fact, I have a number of rightwing friends who think Cheney initiated the chemtrail program (or should I say phantom chemtrail program).

The degree of trust in government varies based on how you ask the question. See here:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/5392/trust-government.aspx

If you pick this one, then it seems like nothing has significantly changed:

Last edited:

You're right, CWC. I meant that there wasn't a large number of people claiming that Bush was going to turn the country into a totalitarian state. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama's dinner menu choices were determined to be evidence of his intention to declare marshal law.

I have to say that when I first heard about the patriot act, my first thought was that all they needed to do was reinterpret the 2nd amendment, for our safety, of course, and they would be set for a coup. Fortunately, what most people consider as evidence of conspiracy, I see as evidence of ineptitude, stupidity, and/or luck. I personally believe that there are very few people out there that act with evil intentions. Most actions that appear evil are merely misguided good intentions, or at least, a lack of empathy for those their actions effect.

The degree of trust in government varies based on how you ask the question. See here:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/5392/trust-government.aspx

If you pick this one, then it seems like nothing has significantly changed:

Very true, Mick. I found the following quite interesting and enlightening as well. We're right back where we were at the beginning of Clinton's first term as far as trust goes. The most trust was shortly after 9/11 (which temporarily brought the whole nation together) and things have been steadily unraveling since. But the point is clear, there hasn't been a whole lot of trust in public officials for quite long time.

Trust in Government.JPG

I found the following telling as well. Under the header "Fair Amount" (of trust), the numbers were in the 50s until Obama took office. For the first time we see numbers dipping into 30s.

Trust in Government2.JPG

But you make a good point. Statistics can surely be skewed by the formulation of the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true, Mick. I found the following quite interesting and enlightening as well. We're right back where we were at the beginning of Clinton's first term as far as trust goes. The most trust was shortly after 9/11 (which temporarily brought the whole nation together) and things have been steadily unraveling since. But the point is clear, there hasn't been a whole lot of trust in public officials for quite long time.

I found the following telling as well. Under the header "Fair Amount" (of trust), the numbers were in the 50s until Obama took office. For the first time we see numbers dipping into 30s.

If you look at the 2nd-5th tables in that article though, you'll see that most of the increase distrust is for congress and senate (34% great or fair deal of trust/confidence), and not for the executive (56%) or judicial branches (67%).

Can anyone find numbers on trust of specific agencies? I've been trying to find a list, but by numbers I've seen, the National Weather Service and the U.S. Postal Service are high up there.

Back