Debunked: Kids saying "Kite hit steel plane must" in class on 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Rather an obscure one, but just came up on twitter, so adding the debunk for future reference:

The claim is that the choice of words to read for the kids in the class with GWB were the rather portentous "Kite hit steel plane must":

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEqeELMXsyo

Really they said "Kite, Kit, Steal, Playing, Must". Just a random collection of words.

It works because of the subtitles in the video. Even though it's quite plain the children are saying "kit" and not "hit", your brain gets tricked due to the observer expectancy effect, where subtitles force your brain to hear things a certain way. Here's a great example
le:

Now this is obviously a rather esoteric claim, and would only be made by people who are very deep down the rabbit hole, but it illustrates just how persistent bunk is, and how resistant it is to correction in some quarters. In one version of the video, the words are fairly clear, and yet the subtitles say something different.

And then the explanation actually uses the correct words, but infuses them with some new meaning:

*PLAYING (PLANE, PLAIN) Which is another homophone and when spoken normally hard to differentiate from. I notice a lot of skeptics quick to point out how the words are spelled in this video but none of them willing to acknowledge the homophone aspect.
KITE 1.) a light frame covered with some thin material, to be flown in the wind at the end of a long string.
2.)any of several small birds of the hawk family Accipitridae that have long, pointed wings, feed on insects, carrion, reptiles, rodents, and birds, and are noted for their graceful, gliding flight. Compare black kite, swallow-tailed kite, white-tailed kite.
3.)Nautical , flying kite.
4.)Finance. a).a check drawn against uncollected or insufficient funds, as for redepositing, with the intention of creating a false balance in the account by taking advantage of the time lapse required for collection.b) a check whose amount has been raised by forgery before cashing.
5.) a person who preys on others; sharper.
6.) Informal. to fly or move with a rapid or easy motion like that of a kite.
7.to obtain money or credit through kites
Notice the definitions? note the small hawkish bird descriptioon. My belief is that like all ancient symbols the phrases too have many meanings and are applicable.
Content from External Source
If you feel there is meaning everything, then you will see meaning in everything. It does not mean it is there.

Last edited:
cool thanks. at least i know that was not real now. but still. even without all the conspiracy theory so to speak the case of the saudi arabia involvement is really picking up steam. what sicko would create disinfo though blows the mind.
For money ;o

cool thanks. at least i know that was not real now. but still. even without all the conspiracy theory so to speak the case of the saudi arabia involvement is really picking up steam. what sicko would create disinfo though blows the mind.

Most of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia yes. Do you mean involvement from the Saudi government? Do you have any evidence?

Most of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia yes. Do you mean involvement from the Saudi government? Do you have any evidence?

Only a senator claiming to have seen it in classified documents which he is apparently campaigning to have made public in conjunction with families of some of the victims. His statements about it are quite compelling and I think it was always obvious anyway.

Only a senator claiming to have seen it in classified documents which he is apparently campaigning to have made public in conjunction with families of some of the victims. His statements about it are quite compelling and I think it was always obvious anyway.
Who's the senator owo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back