Debunked: Government buys 30,000 guillotines

Cairenn

Senior Member.
A friend of mine commented on this tonight on FB. The current posting is from an anti Muslim site. The original story goes back to 2008.

It seems to go with FEMA camps, and boxcars with shackles and coffins.

Bunk links:
http://shariaunveiled.wordpress.com...vernment-recently-purchase-30000-guillotines/

http://educate-yourself.org/ps/confrimsguillotinesfortlewis28jun08.shtml

[Addendum by Mick for one-post visitors]:

Basically the debunk for this is that there is absolutely zero evidence besides various versions of the same story on the internet. It's just an urban legend that has been around since the 1990s. Here's an example from 1997:
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/revalation_prophecy.htm

cloudspotter

Senior Member.
I saw this posted on fb and I thought it was going to turn out to be part of a stationery order. Different sort of guillotine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
See also this from 1997:
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/revalation_prophecy.htm
From IamDorian@aol.com (Dorian George?)

Seems like it part of the survivalist/militia fringe mythology.

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
I was looking up Ted Gunderson's wiki and it said he died of cyanide poisoning - I thought it odd that it was not followed up with more detail, but failed to check the references. Today I noticed when I checked it had been changed to death by cancer, with a citation.
The only results that come up for Gunderson and cyanide are some conspiracy sites and a youtube video by Anthony Hilder.
The official cause of death was bladder cancer but a Dr Dr Edward Lucidi claims that was a result of the cyanide poisoning. I can't find any other information on him not connected with this claim.

(Edit - in the wiki revision history page there is a comment - "This page probably needs better protection from conspiracy theorists...")

guyonearth

Given that no Dr. Edward Lucidi shows up in a simple search outside of the same conspiracy theory threads, one might wonder if in fact the name was garbled or if he is in fact a fabrication. A practicing doctor would have an office or P.A. he was associated with, or be on a hospital staff somewhere.

guyonearth

Regarding the original topic, one could reasonably question what sort of company would have 30,000 guillotines in stock, or what manufacturing company would be able to supply such an order....
Conspiracy theorists seem to have a remarkably tenuous grip in reality sometimes...

Hevach

Senior Member.
I saw this posted on fb and I thought it was going to turn out to be part of a stationery order. Different sort of guillotine.
I was thinking of the number of medical devices called guillotines. It's a ring with a blade that slides across it, and they come in all kinds of sizes and variations. They're used in tonsillectomies, mole removal, some types of amputation (particularly finger or toe, and not just in humans - declawing cats, for example). Heck, you can even go down to the pet store and buy a guillotine for trimming your cat's toenails.

Good luck removing a head with any of them. You'd have better luck with the paper cutting type.

Trailblazer

Staff member
Given that no Dr. Edward Lucidi shows up in a simple search outside of the same conspiracy theory threads, one might wonder if in fact the name was garbled or if he is in fact a fabrication. A practicing doctor would have an office or P.A. he was associated with, or be on a hospital staff somewhere.
His real name appears to be Edgar Lucidi, and he is a chemtrail believer.

According to this he is an 83-year-old ophthalmologist. http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-edgar-lucidi-x2lwl

upload_2015-7-9_13-31-37.png

Just on a hunch, I googled "Chanel Guillotine". Haven't quite mastered the art of providing links yet, but apparently the guillotine in question was made as an art piece by one Thomas Sachs, and far as I can tell, it was a one-off production.

guyonearth

I can trace the guillotine-killing-Christians meme back to at least the early 80's, when I was in college. They showed films every week on campus, all kinds of stuff, anything goes kind of things, and one of the films shown (for entertainment purposes) was some end-times "left behind" kind of thing which I think was called "The Thunder and the Lightning" or something like that. At the end of the film, the cute young Christians who had become born again after the "rapture" and refused to receive the "mark of the beast" (some kind of tattoo) were taken to a "government facility", where they were ushered into a courtyard guarded by soldiers where there was, you guessed it, a guillotine. The movie ended on their horrified expressions of disbelief. I don't know how old the film was, but this would have been around 1981 or 1982, most likely, so the idea was circulating even then among the Christian fringe. I always assumed they got the idea from the executions of Sophie Scholl and her brother by the Nazis during WW2. For those that don't know, they were part of the White Rose anti-Nazi, anti-war movement in Germany at that time, and were students. They were killed with a guillotine, and are of course, justifiably honored since for their sacrifice, but are probably also viewed by some in the "end-times" fringe as an example of what's supposedly to come when the events of Revelation come to pass.

Jeremy

I can trace the guillotine-killing-Christians meme back to at least the early 80's, when I was in college. They showed films every week on campus, all kinds of stuff, anything goes kind of things, and one of the films shown (for entertainment purposes) was some end-times "left behind" kind of thing which I think was called "The Thunder and the Lightning" or something like that. At the end of the film, the cute young Christians who had become born again after the "rapture" and refused to receive the "mark of the beast" (some kind of tattoo) were taken to a "government facility", where they were ushered into a courtyard guarded by soldiers where there was, you guessed it, a guillotine. The movie ended on their horrified expressions of disbelief. I don't know how old the film was, but this would have been around 1981 or 1982, most likely, so the idea was circulating even then among the Christian fringe. I always assumed they got the idea from the executions of Sophie Scholl and her brother by the Nazis during WW2. For those that don't know, they were part of the White Rose anti-Nazi, anti-war movement in Germany at that time, and were students. They were killed with a guillotine, and are of course, justifiably honored since for their sacrifice, but are probably also viewed by some in the "end-times" fringe as an example of what's supposedly to come when the events of Revelation come to pass.

I believe it's an interpretation of Revelation 20:4.

http://biblehub.com/revelation/20-4.htm
I went to Sunday school at an end-times type Christian church, so I know all about this stuff, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West Debunked: "There Exists a Shadowy Government" — Daniel Inouye Quotes Debunked 0
skephu Debunked: Dutch Government Admit Chemtrails Exist Contrails and Chemtrails 7
MikeG Debunked: Government to Nationalize Food Supply Conspiracy Theories 0
Mathias Olsen Partially Debunked: List of Monsanto Employees in Government Conspiracy Theories 30
Critical Thinker Debunked: "Government Labels those who Grow Their Own Food ‘Extremists’" Conspiracy Theories 12
Mick West Debunked: Government Stockpiling Unusual Amounts of Ammo [by Tom Coburn's GAO Report] Conspiracy Theories 63
Cairenn Debunked: Government Buying Iodine in Response to Fukushima Fallout. Conspiracy Theories 31
Mick West Debunked: Debunkers Trust the Government and Think Everything is Fine Practical Debunking 89
BlueCollarCritic Debunked Conspiracies Update - The Government Is Not Confiscating Guns General Discussion 18
AluminumTheory Debunked: Infowars Study: Conspiracy theorists’ sane; government dupes crazy, hostile General Discussion 25
BenC Debunked: UK Government admits Chemtrails (Legislation HC221) Contrails and Chemtrails 37
Mick West Debunked: ‘White Guilt’ Bracelets - Government wants you to wear them? Conspiracy Theories 223
Spongebob Has this Government paper been debunked yet? Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Mick West Debunked: Crowder's "Fraud Week" Title Graphic (and Why it Matters) Election 2020 1
JFDee Debunked: Democratic senators complained about 'vote switching' by Dominion voting machines in 2019 Election 2020 2
Mendel Debunked: The Democrats are trying to take away freedom of religion Election 2020 6
H Debunked: Dr. Shiva's Scatterplot Analysis of Michigan Precincts Election 2020 35
Mick West Debunked: Suspicious "Biden Only" Ballots in Georgia Election 2020 3
Mick West Debunked: "Nancy Pelosi's long time Chief of Staff is a key executive at Dominion Voting" Election 2020 0
Mick West Debunked: Wisconsin Turnout 89% Impossible High [Actually 72%] Election 2020 1
Mick West Debunked: Video of Poll Worker "Filling In" Ballots. Election 2020 3
Mick West Debunked: Pentagon has Evidence of "Off-World Vehicles Not Made on this Earth" UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 14
derrick06 Debunked: United Nations creates a "NWO" website Conspiracy Theories 2
N Debunked: Google Mail icon shows linkage to Freemasons Conspiracy Theories 4
Mendel Debunked: The WHO did not take the Taiwan CDC seriously Coronavirus COVID-19 0
A Why 9/11 Truthers Are Wrong About The Facts | (Part 1 w/ Mick West) 9/11 1
Mendel Debunked: Radar Waves Affect Clouds General Discussion 0
Pumpernickel Need Debunking: Foucault's Pendulum debunked through Mach's principle (the Earth is a static object in the center of the Universe) Science and Pseudoscience 16
M Ufos arrive to the central zone of Chile. (Debunked). Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Jesse3959 FE Debunked with water tube level - 187 foot building 21.2 miles away below eye level Flat Earth 0
H Debunked: Cadillac Mountain from 220 miles Flat Earth 7
Jesse3959 FE Claim Debunked: JTolan Epic Gravity Experiment - Flat earther disproves Perspective! (or his instruments.) Flat Earth 0
Mick West Debunked: DoD prepares for martial law in CONUS: Conspiracy Theories 0
Oystein Debunked: AE911T: CNBC Anchor Ron Insana claims Building 7 a Controlled Implosion 9/11 13
A Debunked: NASA tampered with the original television audio of the Apollo 11 moon landing Conspiracy Theories 1
Greylandra Debunked: media headline "Judea declares war on Germany" [boycott] Conspiracy Theories 20
Mick West Discovery Channel's "Contact: Declassified Breakthrough" was debunked 2.5 years ago UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 8
Joe Hill Debunked: "The North Face of Building 7 Was Pulled Inward" 9/11 66
A Debunked : Fake Set Moon Landing with TV Camera and Stairs Conspiracy Theories 3
Mick West Debunked: Photo with Sun Rays at Odd Angles Flat Earth 0
Staffan Debunked: Wikileaks releases unused footage of moon landing (Capricorn One movie scenes) Conspiracy Theories 2
Mick West Debunked: Neil deGrasse Tyson : "That Stuff is Flat" Flat Earth 10
Mendel Debunked: Air Map of the World 1945 is a flat Earth map Flat Earth 0
Trailblazer Debunked: Trees being cut down "because they block 5G" (tree replacement in Belgium) 5G and Other EMF Health Concerns 44
deirdre Debunked: Exemption from military service doc proves Jews had foreknowledge of WW2 (fake leaflet) General Discussion 0
Trailblazer Debunked: Obama called Michelle "Michael" in a speech. (Referring to Michael Mullen Jr) Quotes Debunked 0
Rory Debunked: 120-mile shot of San Jacinto proves flat earth Flat Earth 39
Rory Debunked: The Lunar Cycle affects birth rates Health and Quackery 26
Rory Debunked: Study shows link between menstrual cycle and the moon Health and Quackery 30
novatron Debunked: California Wildfires Match the Exactly Path of the Proposed Rail System Wildfires 3
Related Articles

Related Articles