Debunked: Christopher Jordan Dorner Conspiracy Theories

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, if you've got a conspiracy theory, first check it against the Wikipedia article, and the references it cites, to make sure you are actually working with the latest information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Southern_California_shootings

[Originally written 2/12/2013 - Updated as new conspiracies arise]

Sadly any large event is going to result in conspiracy theories, that's just the way things are. As I type this, Dorner's cabin hideout is on fire, and his fate is unknown. Yet this does not stop the twittersphere speculating, some in jest, and some for real.

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/301489835204562944
Alex Jones ‏@RealAlexJones
Cabin reportedly occupied by Christopher Dorner engulfed in flames.Waco-style end to standoff? Watch Nightly News soon for live coverage.
Content from External Source
Anonymous ‏@YourAnonNews
RT @awinston: No fire crews deployed near #Dorner cabin. LEOs burning cabin to the ground a la #Waco
Brian Pardy ‏@BrianPardy
All the younger folks shocked they're burning #dorner should take a few minutes and go read about #waco. For context.
That's just silly. Of course they are not going to send in a fire truck when there's a guy shooting at them. He had just shot and killed someone hours earlier. He had vowed to kill more cops in a bloody shootout. Why on earth should the police risk trying to put out the fire unless they knew he was dead?

Dirk Diggler ‏@TheGoodSin
is Dorner a False Flag operation by the US Government so they can justify using Drones in the US? Dorner = Drone? hmm
Mike Rylander ‏@MikeRylanderIt's great no cameras were allowed to capture how the fire started & how this went down cause #waco taught us we don't need to know.#dorner
No cameras captured the fire because the media helicopters we asked to keep back so Dorner could not watch on tv (or hear on social media) what the police were doing.

Pope Paulsy I ‏@Paulsy01
I'll bet the police report will show that Dorner was hit by 180 bullets exploding in the fire

So the conspiracy theory emerging seems to be that the police could have taken him alive, but decided to kill him. And this theory came out before we even know if he's dead, or anything about what happened beyond seeing smoke on TV.

The police obviously knew that the cabin might catch fire, as they were using "burner" tear gas grenades. These produce a larger volume of gas much quicker than pressurized spray tear-gas canisters that are available for the public to buy online, and so are vastly more effective when fire is not a major concern.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=8991018
BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (KABC) -- The San Bernardino County sheriff says a cabin where fugitive Chris Dorner is believed to have died was not purposely set on fire by deputies.During a press conference Wednesday, Sheriff John McMahon said deputies shot pyrotechnic tear gas, commonly referred to as "burners," into the Big Bear-area cabin. The tactic to drive Dorner out resulted in flames.

"We did not intentionally burn down that cabin to get Mr. Dorner out," McMahon said. "We introduced those canisters into the residence and a fire erupted."

But questions are being raised because of comments heard over scanners between officers on the scene.

"We're going to go forward with the plan, with the burn," one officer was heard saying.

"Copy," another replied.

Moments later, an officer was heard saying, "Copy, 61 Lincoln, seven burners deployed and we have a fire."

Charred human remains believed to be Dorner were found in the smoldering rubble of the cabin.

"We believe that this investigation is over at this point," McMahon said. "We're currently not involved in a manhunt any longer."

However, the body has not positively been identified. A California driver's license with the name Christopher Dorner was also found in the burned down cabin, an Associated Press source said. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation and says the charred body and personal items were found in the basement of the burned cabin.

Last edited:
Of course we are also going to get people who say the entire thing was staged so they could take away our assault rifles.

I was most amused by the right-wingnutters who were hailing him as a hero for standing up to the government - they apparently did not read Dorner's manifesto, which called for gun control.

There's already a conspiracy story about his Manifesto, suggesting that Anderson Cooper faked it:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Is...s-by-Rev-Dan-Vojir-130209-346.html?show=votes

What is obvious to any reader of the two manifestos is that someone wanted to portray Dorners as exceptionally left wing. With the exception of "I am not a f*cking Christian," Dorners gives us little insight into his politics* in the first ten pages. What follows, however, is an outpouring of admiration for decidedly liberal media and political figures. It also accentuates a violent, calculated nature - one which was not brought out in the first part of the manifesto. True, there are inconsistencies (his admiration for George H.W. Bush, support of Chick-fil-A) but they serve to highlight the effusive, liberal tone of the piece. The following is the addition in its entirety, parts of which Anderson Cooper read aloud. I have emphasized those sentences and phrases which seem to indicate a deliberate left-wing portrayal. The reader may judge for himself.
Seemingly because there was a shorted version floating around, with some names redacted. I'm not entirely clear why someone Anderson Cooper would want Dorner to appear more liberal (or less).

These are the various versions I've found:
View attachment uncensored_copy_of_the_rogue_lapd_officers_manifesto pastebin.com-7zmpSf3b.txt - Seems to be the full version
View attachment pastebin.com-Gj3iVhxv-shorter.txt - A shorted version, but with names intact
View attachment manifesto-redacted-foxnews.pdf - Shorted versions with named redacted

And one in the form of an image file with the redactions blacked out
http://contrailscience.com/skitch/skitched-20130212-170710.jpg

I was most amused by the right-wingnutters who were hailing him as a hero for standing up to the government - they apparently did not read Dorner's manifesto, which called for gun control.
You were amazed ? They are left wingers not right wing . He himself is a Lefty Obama loving anti gun . I bet all those residents of Big Bear wish they had a AR-15 ? Wait till they kill him and all the ghetto freaks riot . Have you read his manifesto ??? the whole thing ?

Of course we are also going to get people who say the entire thing was staged so they could take away our assault rifles.
Nope even more of a reason why we need them . To protect ourselves from crazy people .

What do we know---there is corruption at the LAPD.

We know Torrance PD over-acted---why? Twice?

We know the Command Post was within yards of where Dorner was?

We know the LAPD/Law Enforcement had no intentions of rescuing this guy?

NYPD wanted him killed [Geraldo Rivera Show]!

Why was his first court case sealed from the Public?

Why did ABC shutdown the entities I had placed into them?

Where they afraid of the Thornburgh Letter 11/28/1990 sent to the Justice Department describing the same corruption Dorner was talking about?

So many questions---never an answer!

Sincerely,

DK

To the above poster, DK, I've removed identifying information from your post. If you want to post as a particular person with their email address, then you need to register with that email address, so I know it's actually you.

What do we know---there is corruption at the LAPD.

We know Torrance PD over-acted---why? Twice?

We know the Command Post was within yards of where Dorner was?

We know the LAPD/Law Enforcement had no intentions of rescuing this guy?

NYPD wanted him killed [Geraldo Rivera Show]!

Why was his first court case sealed from the Public?

Why did ABC shutdown the entities I had placed into them?

Where they afraid of the Thornburgh Letter 11/28/1990 sent to the Justice Department describing the same corruption Dorner was talking about?

So many questions---never an answer!

Sincerely,

DK

There are always questions. The presence of questions is not in itself an indicator of anything.

Regarding the above, perhaps you can provide something to back up the individual questions, and explain what you think they could possibly be indicating? "Just asking questions" does not cut it.

If someone is shooting at you, you are NOT going to try to rescue them. He had already killed one deputy. Why does what NYPD want come into this? He was in California, not New York

You were amazed ? They are left wingers not right wing . He himself is a Lefty Obama loving anti gun . I bet all those residents of Big Bear wish they had a AR-15 ? Wait till they kill him and all the ghetto freaks riot . Have you read his manifesto ??? the whole thing ?
I did not say I was amazed. I said I was amused that right-wingers (extremely conservative people I have known since high school posting on social media sites) did not understand Dorners politics and many were jumping to proclaim him a hero ... they were impressed that Dorner would strike a blow against government oppression or some such nonsense. Yes, I have read the manifesto, and I was quite aware that making Dorner a spokesman for the Second Amendment amounts to stupidity.

It's been more than 24 hours since Dorner was killed - when do the riots start?

How did they find his wallet with his ID where he tried to steal the boat supposedly
And the they said they found his wallet with his ID in the burned cabin?

Research the story for yourself... A great deal of things don't add up!

I

How did they find his wallet with his ID where he tried to steal the boat supposedly
And the they said they found his wallet with his ID in the burned cabin?

Research the story for yourself... A great deal of things don't add up!

I

For the usual reasons - the hungry media repeats every bits of early information.

I watched the local coverage live here. They just said the same things over and over again for hours - any little morsel of information was immediate put out there.

Why don't you provide links to actual quotes, before making claims?

For the usual reasons - the hungry media repeats every bits of early information.

I watched the local coverage live here. They just said the same things over and over again for hours - any little morsel of information was immediate put out there.

Why don't you provide links to actual quotes, before making claims?

I can Mick, because I picked up on this inconsistency and found it very easy to pull up articles that state his wallet/ID was found in Mexico, then found articles that state his wallet/ID was found on the charred body in the cabin.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb/11/local/la-me-dorner-charges-20130212

LA Times reports Dorner wallet with ID Cards found at Mexico Border

After authorities interviewed the boat captain early Thursday, they found Dorner's wallet and identification cards "at the San Ysidro Point of Entry" near the U.S.-Mexico border, according to the court records.

then:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...her-dorner-ex-cop-los-angeles-mexico/1912553/

Investigators were picking through the rubble of a burned-out cabin in California's San Bernardino Mountains on Wednesday..

..A wallet with a California driver's license bearing the name Christopher Dorner also was found, the Associated Press reported, citing a law enforcement official who was briefed on the investigation but declined to be named

which is it? Which story is right? I would lean towards the news-media sensationalizing the story rather than each story being evidence and truth. The media reports sensational things because sensational stuff sells advertising space and gets views.

Here's the root of the two stories:

http://documents.latimes.com/us-marshal-dorner-may-have-fled-mexico/

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ILLINGS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
Personal effects, including Dorner's driver's license, were found with the body, an official briefed on the search told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.
So in one case we've got sworn testimony that his "identification cards" was found at the border. And on the other case an anonymous source says his driver's license was found in Big Bear.

I'd go with the first one being more believable, being sworn testimony vs. anonymous leak. Although I'd also note they don't specify his driver's license was found at the border just his "identification cards". There's no reason they can't both be true (one can easily have more than one driver's licence and more than one wallet, certainly more than one identification card). Let's wait and see.

Last edited:
Article about the conspiracy theories:

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...pher-dorner-the-ex-l-a-cop-turned-cop-killer/

You gravitate to chat rooms and comment pages and Facebook groups. You sign petitions, like the one I found at www.change.org, urging President Obama to grant a “FULL Pardon for the Political Crimes of accused Christopher Dorner.” You get lost in a world that reinforces your own world view, and you insist that those who can’t see it as you and others do are either blind or mere sheep to power. If you are not one of us, the conspiracy mantra says, then you must be one of them. You are part of the problem.

The real problem with Christopher Dorner is: he shot and killed four people. He wounded four more. He issued a manifesto, that was rambling and paranoid and strange, and then he made a violent last stand, and it ended badly. Dorner wasn’t a hero. He was a horror show, acted out in real time. His actions were callous. They were criminal. They were a cry for help from a man who had clearly lost his mind, with devastating consequences.

"He issued a manifesto, that was rambling and paranoid and strange,"

did he? is facebook forensic evidence? just making sure an online upload of a "rambling, strange, paranoid" digital piece of data is all the "evidence" you need...

An online upload, which looks like it had multiple authors, may sound "crazy" to you, but it IS NOT FORENSIC EVIDENCE. Why would anyone upload an admittance of guilt to their own page then flee, telling hostages he "just wants to clear his name." Watch the interview with the couple he held in Big Bear and tell me if that matches any of what you (the LAPD) have said about this guy?

now on the flip side, the two innocents killed were an asian woman and her black boyfriend. You think the guy who was fired and marked "crazy" after accusing the LAPD of racism and abuse, decided to kill the daughter, and her boyfriend, of the asian lawyer that represented him against the LAPD?

You believe the black guy who was angry about corruption and racism killed his asian lawyer, and his asian daughter and her black boyfriend?

It is plain and simple, if he really killed his own lawyer (asian), kwons daughter (asian) and her bf (black) - then yes - he is a monster targeting innocents - but if they were killed to frame him (and tidily remove their voice/knowledge from the case) a simple upload and false e-signature were all anyone needed to move to "shoot to kill"

the innocents who died were intimately connected with the lawyer that was fighting against the LAPD - he was a former police chief but he was currently Dorners lawyer and was bringing up serious charges against the department

just saying "obama did it to use drones" is fucking stupid, but to say the lapd has the motivation and access to kill of a disgruntled former employee that was mistreated and wrongly fired - he was forced to take a psych test, was failed and then forced from duty because he reported excessive use of force (kicking a retarded person while down in the head)

dont get me wrong, I am sure he was more than willing to strike fear into the LAPD (because he was a trained, accurate warrior and they are cops; cops are a joke compared to real service) and defend himself against gunfire, he may have legitimately had a list of "corrupt cops" he wanted to take out, but there is absolutely no evidence he created one

YOU NEED PHYSICAL EVIDENCE!

The "shoot to kill" and "burn him alive" is part of the corruption he was pointing out - the LAPD will execute people - dorner is one of many - LAPD kills like 70 people a year, a third of which are unarmed

its not about conspiracies or truth, you are defending corrupt, extremely wealthy, racist little municipalities that DO NOT FOLLOW POLICE PROCEDURE

Even if Dorner was a killer and did blame his own lawyer, that doesnt uncorrupt the LAPD, that doesnt solve issue of police executing people instead of arresting them

the story as a whole is interesting, but the facts show police misconduct over and over and over again....that doesnt make dorner innocent but it really degrades their "word" about how "oh yeah its def him, hes crazy"

Did the LAPD get catfished? idk but if someone posts something to facebook it sure as shit is not FORENSIC EVIDENCE

Back