Cruise Ship Captain Reports Silent "Black Jellyfish" Flying In "No Wind, Maybe 5 Knots"

Is it really for that? I thought it was more for collaborative problem solving. I wasn't aware we were supposed to be maintaining some sort of front for outside viewers.

I’d say the site is for helping “outside viewers” escape/avoid rabbit holes by providing answers through “collaborative problem solving.” I think the former is the purpose and the latter the method.

I’d say you’re both right. It absolutely takes both mindsets to make this work.

I’d say the site is for helping “outside” people escape/avoid rabbit holes by providing answers through “collaborative problem solving.” I think the former is the purpose and the latter the method.

I’d say you’re both right. It absolutely takes both mindsets to make this work.

Well in that case how about a private Discord for the more theory crafting aspects? Or will we then accused of not showing our working?

Well in that case how about a private Discord for the more theory crafting aspects? Or will we then accused of not showing our working?
As someone who isn’t sharp enough to contribute much to the problem-solving (I’m an outside viewer), I’m drawn to the analysis here due to its transparency. I think there’s a lot of people lurking and learning from the dialogue. So I’d humbly request that you please continue to show your work in some form. Seeing contributors speculate freely, draw false conclusions, and make inevitable errors helps humanize critical thinking in a particularly beneficial way.

edit: now back to the jellyfish…

Yeah, that bothers me. I thought binoculars were present on pretty much every ship bridge, ever. And this was the actual captain filming, right?
she wasn't on the bridge. she was on deck, i assume off duty, getting ready to fly her camera drone.

she wasn't on the bridge. she was on deck, i assume off duty, getting ready to fly her camera drone.
I think this is true for the 'black octopus UFO' as she alludes to this in the text under the Instagram post. Not sure about the 'fast bright light ufo'. We have very little info about it.

I thought binoculars were present on pretty much every ship bridge, ever. And this was the actual captain filming, right?
The bridge crew wouldn't have been paying attention to the sky, and the captain wasn't on the bridge at the time.

I think this is true for the 'black octopus UFO' as she alludes to this in the text under the Instagram post. Not sure about the 'fast bright light ufo'. We have very little info about it.
Mick was responding to the Jellyfish, which is the topic of this thread. That is why MB used to only allow one claim per thread... so people aren't constantly talking about two different things.

That is why MB used to only allow one claim per thread

Has that changed? I didn't know that.

Personally, I think two separate threads here would be useful.

And, yes, glad to see that someone has contacted her: I always like it when people do that. Probably the majority of the time they respond with useful and time-saving information.

Mick was responding to the Jellyfish, which is the topic of this thread. That is why MB used to only allow one claim per thread... so people aren't constantly talking about two different things.
I did start my another thread regarding the second "fast bright" UFO but Mick deleted it saying there was already a thread about it.

Screenshot_20210711-153648.png

To be fair, the original claim video isn't clear. Captain McCue talks of one sighting (The black jelly fish) whilst the spilt screen is of the second (fast bright UFO).

it's still 2 completely different claims, a month apart in one thread. and Mick's binocular comment was about the Jellyfish.

(There really was no need for you to include the OP video in your "fast bright UFO" thread. she had a separate Instagram post of it, and she wasnt discussing it in the OP video. To include that video that the youtube uploader made a mistake on, just confuses the issue of the bright light UFO anyway. Just like it confused Mick.)

Getting back on thread, (or not as the case may be) it appears that the Celebrity Edge photographer is Pieter De Boer. He's tagged in the Instagram post video so maybe he took it?

Screenshot_20210711-172258.pngp

i don't see him tagged. ?
and his Linked In resume doesnt say anything about being an official photographer for anyone.
In the original Instagram post, if you click the little 'head' icon bottom left it brings up this and shows those who are tagged in the video....

Screenshot_20210712-094747.png

And fair comment about Linkedin, I don't know what it current job is.

Back