Congressmanswife's question on chemtrails.

So, I have a simple question. Do you people truly believe that this aerosol spraying does NOT exist and this is just a figment of the imagination, or
do you acknowledge that the planes are spraying the skies, and just want to protect those who are doing so? It's kind of confusing when I read the
posts. I'm just curious, because I am looking for some information which serves to either prove or disprove this chemtrail thing, but I am not finding any.
If not, what is it that you think is going on up there in our skies? Is this just engine residual from normal planes that accumulates over time into big massive clouds? It's hard to find real facts that substantiate either one.
Thanks

TWCobra

Senior Member.
The consensus is that aerosol spraying has been proposed, but there is no evidence to suggest it is currently happening. The white lines you see in the sky are persisent contrails, caused by well understood science, and are becoming more prevalent due to the huge increase in air traffic and aircraft engines becomeing more efficient.. (which as a by product makes contrail formation more likely). Contrailscience.com explains it all and you will find pilots, meteorologists, air traffic controllers and other interested people on this site who can answer just about any question you may have.

MikeC

Closed Account
Ther is spraying that happens - agricultural, pest (insect) control, firefighting, oil dispersant, cloud seeding, etc.

But none of these resemble contrails, and there has never been any verifiable evidence that the long white lines in teh skiwes that are generated like contrails, look like contrails, and disperse like contrails are, in fact, anything other than contrails.

All internal combustion engines generate water - in fact they generate more water in the exhaust than they burn fuel! If the atmosphere is already super-saturated then yes, contails can be the basis of clouds.

cloudspotter

Senior Member.
Is this just engine residual from normal planes that accumulates over time into big massive clouds? It's hard to find real facts that substantiate either one.
Thanks

It's impossible to find real facts to substantiate chemtrails, there are none. It's very easy to find real facts to substantiate persistent contrails, just do a search on Google Scholar.

GregMc

Senior Member.
So, I have a simple question. Do you people truly believe that this aerosol spraying does NOT exist and this is just a figment of the imagination, or
do you acknowledge that the planes are spraying the skies, and just want to protect those who are doing so? It's kind of confusing when I read the
posts. I'm just curious, because I am looking for some information which serves to either prove or disprove this chemtrail thing, but I am not finding any.
If not, what is it that you think is going on up there in our skies? Is this just engine residual from normal planes that accumulates over time into big massive clouds? It's hard to find real facts that substantiate either one.
Thanks

Hi Congressman's wife. There is no credible evidence of aerosol spraying. All aviation aware people understand these long white persistent trails are just condensation trails.

There is zero controversy in the aviation and meteorology field. The trails have been understood for over 70 years. They are water.
It was understood way back here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfOrez6q7WM
Please have a CAREFUL READ of http://contrailscience.com/persisting-and-spreading-contrails/ then when you have the time have a read of all of the rest of the site. It's best if you try to read every chapter on that site as it is broken up into different sections that deal specifically with different aspects of trails in the sky. One chapter deals with why trails often appear broken, another why sometimes there are both long and short trails visible at the same time, another why there are sometimes dark lines in the sky, another with changes in the number of trails over time, etc. etc. If you read each section carefully then you will find probably ALL your questions are thoroughly answered and by fact checking the science references you will be able to see the claims of chemtrail believers are actually mistaken and misleading.

George B

Extinct but not forgotten Staff Member
Thanks
I for one . . . think there could be a small chance a covert spraying program of some type might exist or existed;however, the persistent trails and contrail induced cirrus cloud banks IMO are the result of an increase in air traffic at the altitudes more optimal for persistent contrail formation than in the past . . . also, engine efficiencies have increased as well and this leads also to an increase in persistent contrails based on the exhaust characteristics as compared to less efficient engines . . .

Bottom-line, everything one sees in the sky can be easily explained by normal commercial and military aviation . . .

Ross Marsden

Senior Member.
. . . also, engine efficiencies have increased as well and this leads also to an increase in persistent contrails based on the exhaust characteristics as compared to less efficient engines . . .

This is not strictly correct. Higher efficiency of jet engines means that condensation of the exhaust+environment mixture occurs at warmer ambient temperature and lower ambient RH. It does not contribute to the persistence of a contrail once it has formed; that depends on the occurrence of ice-supersaturated regions.

George B

This is not strictly correct. Higher efficiency of jet engines means that condensation of the exhaust+environment mixture occurs at warmer ambient temperature and lower ambient RH. It does not contribute to the persistence of a contrail once it has formed; that depends on the occurrence of ice-supersaturated regions.
Simple . . . more efficient engines will give more chances to produce contrails in suboptimal air . . . I would wager this also gives a greater chance to also produce persistent contrails as well . . . while this may be argued I don't think it can be proven incorrect . . .

Ross Marsden

Senior Member.
What?

. . . more efficient engines will give more chances to produce contrails in suboptimal air . . .

In the universe of discourse of contrail formation, this makes no sense.

Condensation will occur if the exhaust and ambient air mixture becomes water-saturated. There is no room for "chances" here.

And what, exactly, is "suboptimal air" in this context?

I will concede that because higher efficiency engines produce contrails (of any kind) in a wider range of conditions, there will be the opportunity for more persistent contrails if the condition for them is met. BUT, once formed persistence of a contrail has nothing to do with the efficiency of the engine that produced it. I suppose this is what you are saying, roughly.

George B

What?

In the universe of discourse of contrail formation, this makes no sense.

Condensation will occur if the exhaust and ambient air mixture becomes water-saturated. There is no room for "chances" here.

And what, exactly, is "suboptimal air" in this context?

I will concede that because higher efficiency engines produce contrails (of any kind) in a wider range of conditions, there will be the opportunity for more persistent contrails if the condition for them is met. BUT, once formed persistence of a contrail has nothing to do with the efficiency of the engine that produced it. I suppose this is what you are saying, roughly.

Bingo

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
J A question about refraction Flat Earth 5
Stefan Leahu Question regarding distant lighthouses Flat Earth 31
TWCobra Very good question asked by Madison Star Moon Contrails and Chemtrails 27
TemplarJLS I have a question General Discussion 38
TWCobra A good (unintended) question from a chemtrail believer Contrails and Chemtrails 14
Qualiall Cockpit Flight Recorder question Flight MH370 12
derrick06 Random Question about Contrails/Aerodynamics Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Mick West MEP Robert Sturdy Tables Parliamentary Question on "Chemtrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Lone Bison Contrail Question for Skeptics - What's the Effect of Contrails on Climate? Contrails and Chemtrails 233
Gary Cook 9/11 question about the support beams. General Discussion 19
Alchemist Outstanding Suspicious Backpack / Craft PMC question Boston Marathon Bombings 5
Mick West Brooks Agnew's Cloud Chamber HAARP Experiment on Joe Rogan's Question Everything HAARP 31
JRBids Question for the pilots here Contrails and Chemtrails 37
Mick West Climate Scientist Alan Robock gets asked every chemtrail question in 11 minutes Contrails and Chemtrails 15
Mick West TFTRH #13: Professor David Keith – Geoengineering Research and the Chemtrails Conspiracy Theory Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 2
Mick West TFTRH #11: Jim Lee – Chemtrails, Geoengineering, Conspiracies, and Semantics Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 1
Trailblazer Explained: video of concentric circular "chemtrails" (E-3 Sentry AWACS plane, Feb 1 2019) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 3
Ben Geddy Happy to have found this site and Mick thru JRE! Practical Debunking 4
Mick West YouTube adds Encyclopedia Britannica article on Contrails to "Chemtrail" Videos Contrails and Chemtrails 18
FlightMuj Claims of Predictions of Chemtrails in Old Texts Contrails and Chemtrails 3
M Bornong Can Belief in Chemtrails and/or other Conspiracy Theories Lead to Violence? Contrails and Chemtrails 4
skephu Solar geoengineering and the chemtrails conspiracy on social media Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Chemtrails and the Anti-Vaccine Movement Contrails and Chemtrails 34
MikeG Debunked: Air Force Verifies Chemtrails are Real Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West Banff Chemtrails Billboard Worries David Keith Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Quantifying Expert Consensus Against Covert Geoengineering / Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 116
skephu Debunked: Dutch Government Admit Chemtrails Exist Contrails and Chemtrails 7
mrfintoil Debunked: CIA Director admits chemtrails, geoengineering, stratospheric aerosol injection Contrails and Chemtrails 24
C Strange Flickering in Contrail Video Posted in Earlier Thread [Focussing artifacts] Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Trailblazer Russ Tanner accidentally debunks chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Demythologizing Prince's reference to "Chemtrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 5
ParanoidSkeptic Chemtrails: Experiments on the Public Contrails and Chemtrails 5
MikeC New Zealand Ministry of Environment reply to "chemtrail" query Contrails and Chemtrails 6
F Explained: Video of plane leaving "6 chemtrails, then 2" [Mixed Exhaust and Aerodynamic Contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West Debunked: Article: "Court Takes Child From Mother After She Mentions Chemtrails At School" Contrails and Chemtrails 92
skephu Chuck Norris on chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Mick West Vice: 'It Was Like a Cult': Leaving the World of Online Conspiracy Theories Escaping The Rabbit Hole 4
skephu Paul Beckwith (climate scientist) on chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 19
JFDee Debunked: Lichens and Moss on Trees Caused by Chemtrails Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Sausalito Spectral analysis of alleged "chemtrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Jay Reynolds Safya Yassin, Missouri ISIS supporter and chemtrails believer arrested for threats Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Trailblazer Chemtrail response from Swiss Federal Office of the Environment Contrails and Chemtrails 3
MikeG Climate Change War Games Contrails and Chemtrails 0
Mick West Persistent Trails Survey Shows Chemtrail Believers Only Recently Noticed Persistent Trails Contrails and Chemtrails 32
Dan Page idea: a "Debunked" Stamp Practical Debunking 9
Z 3 military helicopters Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
Mick West Debunked: AnonSec's NASA Hack, Global Hawk Hijack, Evidence of Chemtrails [Public Domain Data] General Discussion 32
MikeG Giant Snowflakes [Rimed Dendrites] Contrails and Chemtrails 24
Balance Blatant photoshop deceit of BP refueling tank Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Dan Page Claim: Mobile app uses atmospheric data to prove chemtrails vs contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 12
Related Articles

Related Articles