Claim: Video shows 3 orbs in a triangle formation filmed from an airplane over Atlanta, Georgia in 2013

SuppaCoup

Found this as part of a thread over on reddit.
I gotta say, this is pretty egregiously absurd for the simple reason that this person allegedly saw incredible orbs flying next to the airplane, but seems to have made no effort to say anything about this to other passengers. Also apparently no one else was looking out the windows or took any notice of this whatsoever given that there doesn't seem to have been a big news story about a plane of people all seeing dazzling orbs.. The video was just dumped with essentially no provenance om youtube and that's that.

To me these "orbs" look very much like they're done using pretty basic special effects in something like aftereffects, very undetailed and simple blobs of white light.

To me these "orbs" look very much like they're done using pretty basic special effects in something like aftereffects, very undetailed and simple blobs of white light.
Here's an example of someone messing around in aftereffects from around the same time (one year after video was posted) just for reference that it could be done by an amateur/hobbyist at the time. This one even added some atmospheric/specular effects (not to mention a dyson sphere) so it's not just uniform spheres of light.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnE8YO3HifM

Clever use of bright glarte to attract attention away from and possibly even partially obliterate any little not-quite-right bits as the sphere goes behind the clouds, though.

Next time I'm flying I'll bring a flashlight, pretty sure I can take similar footage with a reflection in the window.

At around 55 seconds, one of the orbs goes "behind" what looks like a stain on the window of the airplane briefly and appears to remain just as sharp and defined as when it is seen through the clean glass
behindstain.PNG
That seems like it should be impossible and the blurry stain should brighten and fuzz out the object it is occluding.

Last edited:

and here's more of the light blob UFOs on the same channel, filmed I would assume by the same person allegedly thousands of miles away in England a few days later. Either the skies are bursting with unambiguous UFOs that this person and this person alone happens to run into and very calmly film, or these videos are just someone messing around with vfx for fun.

At around 55 seconds, one of the orbs goes "behind" what looks like a very opaque stain on the window of the airplane briefly and appears to remain just as sharp and defined as when it is seen through the glass
behindstain.PNG
That seems like it should be impossible and the blurry stain should brighten and fuzz out the object it is occluding.

You're making the assumption that the photons they emit are our normal v1.0 or v2.0 photons that obey Maxwell's laws or Feynman's QED. On their planet, they never had a Maxwell or a Feynman, so they aren't so restricted. I look forward to the fruitful exploitation of this alien v3.0 photon technology.

(This is a very roundabout way of saying "you've absolutely nailed it".)

The first 10 seconds the up and down motion of the orbs against the clouds matches the motion of the dirty markings on the window before they are cropped out by zoom.

Last edited:
The first 10 seconds the up and down motion of the orbs against the clouds matches the motion of the dirty markings on the window before they are cropped out by zoom.
Actually watching this a second time the camera doesn't zoom in and it moves very unnaturally, it has a certain amount of shake, but makes these long smooth pans and tilts in straight lines before bouncing in another similarly smooth but straight direction. It seems to stay a steady distance from the glass through It's got a randomwalk quality to it. It's an odd thing to do with digital zoom. There does not appear to be any detail or even much sign of any reflection in the glass, you don't see any detail of a chair or anything at the edge of screen. not a VFX expert but has this video pulled a fast one, is the whole scene or at least everything except the clouds rendered?

Found this as part of a thread over on reddit.
I gotta say, this is pretty egregiously absurd for the simple reason that this person allegedly saw incredible orbs flying next to the airplane, but seems to have made no effort to say anything about this to other passengers. Also apparently no one else was looking out the windows or took any notice of this whatsoever given that there doesn't seem to have been a big news story about a plane of people all seeing dazzling orbs.. The video was just dumped with essentially no provenance om youtube and that's that.

The hoax is given away literally within the first few seconds of the video. The camera starts off moving downwards...and the orbs move upwards relative to the far background. But then literally the moment the camera starts to move upwards instead ( which you can see from the marks on the window ), the orbs move downwards relative to the far background. Given that the distance the camera moves is probably no more than a few inches, and the alleged orbs must surely be at least several hundred feet away, this extent of parallax is ludicrous and a clear sign of fraud. If the orbs were genuinely hundreds of feet away you'd notice almost no parallax from moving the camera a few inches.

A bit later on the orbs literally stop in the sky when the camera moves to the right rapidly. Why would the motion of the camera by a few inches stop the motion of orbs hundreds of feet away ? Throughout the video the orbs show an absurd degree of parallax relative to the camera motion.

However this effect is precisely what I'd expect to see if the 'orbs' were a reflection off something just a few feet away inside the aircraft.

Last edited:
I'm more bothered by someone needing to have this debunked than the fact someone faked this.

A bizarre statement. Why would people getting to the truth 'bother' you ? Lies need debunking because there are people who believe them and spread them as the truth. Alas even the 'this is too hoax looking for anyone to believe in' cases are believed in by the gullible.

Back