Claim: Cattle Mutilation – 6 cows in Texas

i'm specifically responding to a quote about belief of the actions.
1682445797707.png

but thankyou for clarifying that people are having trouble understanding my context. I guess i should have said"

"well, here in the USA, it is not just fears of government or ETI specimen gathering, we also have fears of satanists gathering organs too...but here the claims are not that they are sexually motivated like your horses example which is the main topic of your comment. I guess beastility is more taboo a thought in the U.S as even the satanists arent accused of sexual motivations, they just use the parts for rituals"

does that make it clearer for you? or is that still confusing.
Man we are just not on the same page recently lol . A little wordy :p but I understand you're referring to those fears existing, not that they're factual.

After so much time on the internet lurking on various boards that actually believe this stuff, I'm just in a constant state of Poe's law:
Poe's law is an adage of internet culture saying that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, any parodic or sarcastic expression of extreme views can be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of those views.

After so much time on the internet lurking on various boards that actually believe this stuff, I'm just in a constant state of Poe's law:
That's why the metabunk posting guidelines ask us to avoid humor and sarcasm, and just say what we mean.

A little wordy :p but I understand you're referring to those fears existing, not that they're factual.
helpful hint: in any topic [other than politics*], no matter WHAT i say.. you can correctly assume i do not believe the conspiracy theory. this includes cryptoids (which are not a conspiracy theory technically) like Nessie, Bigfoot, mothman,aliens etc. I love to pursue the idea cryptoids could be real but i do not believe they are or that there is any evidence what so ever for them.

*i dont believe political conspiracy theories either, but since members disagree on what is and is not a political conspiracy theory.. i'm removing that topic from my statement, so as not to confuse you. :)

Last edited:
Would a skeptic organization ever do something like send a reporter to tactfully interview various parties in Madison County to get an overview of and pinpoint how certain perceptions within the forensic process developed?

Not every police department uses "CSI-type" critical thinking and the latest in high-tech analysis to reach their conclusions, especially outside metropolitan areas. Perhaps more importantly, local sheriffs are as subject to belief in rumor, innuendo, and conspiracies as are the general public.
That's possible though one would hope a rural sheriff's dept would have more familiarity with farm animal corpse features

Would a skeptic organization ever do something like send a reporter to tactfully interview various parties in Madison County to get an overview of and pinpoint how certain perceptions within the forensic process developed?
all the cattle mutilation shows (i've seen) already do that.

and really, 99% of organizations (newspapers, tv shows etc) would be 'skeptic organizations' when the topic is 'cattle mutilations committed by aliens'.

I guess Fox News is in the other 1%.
except he's laughing and smiling throughout. which i guess explains the graphic of the cows getting sucked up by the alien ship.

never seen that guy before..he's adorable in that clip.

and he did get the info Treedy asked about. but i did forget about clickbait..so i'll revise to "80% of organizations would be skeptic organizations"

When I last looked at this a little, my feeling was that if wolves were around in the area, then there is a chance they are responsible given the similar way they can eat parts of an animal with weird precision
For example, here is a site on wolf depredation. The third pic from the bottom is particularly interesting.

BTW, I'd post the pic here rather than the link, but isn't that against copyright?

http://www.wisconsinwolffacts.com/images/pages/cattle-depredation-rusk-county.jpg

Last edited:
Stealing cattle to sample keeps the research in the dark, so there's no public demand for the study data to be revealed
As the US government became increasingly concerned with the down range effects of nuclear testing, they wanted to get a better idea of what they were dealing with.
(Recognising that Alexandria Nick mentions this isn't his belief)

There is a potential weakness with this narrative when applied to Madison County, though- there isn't an obvious reason for the county to be affected by radioactive fallout in 2023.
The last "nearby" test (AFAICT) was Project Gasbuggy, an underground test in north-west New Mexico in December 1967; Wikipedia page on the test: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Gasbuggy (I used Wikipedia's "List of nuclear weapon explosion sites", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapon_explosion_sites -if I've overlooked a more recent test the error is mine.

I had to look on a map [embarrassed smiley!] New Mexico is west of Texas, Madison County is sort of central east Texas.
Madison is a modest 249" (75.9 m) above sea level https://www.texascounties.net/statistics/elevation.htm
(high ground tends to receive disproportionate fallout from rain following a "release").

There are precedents for "the authorities" checking livestock for radiation (from ingested radionuclides).

After the Chernobyl reactor fire (April 26 1986) western European nations charted the spread of fallout.
Heavy rain in April and May delivered worrying levels of radionuclides to upland areas of north Wales and Cumbria (NW England).
Over 5,000 farms were initially prevented from selling produce https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-13196041 (BBC News, Wales North West, Chernobyl radiation checks on Welsh farms reviewed, 26 April 2011.
This was reduced to 344 sheep farms in Wales and 8 in Cumbria (sheep can graze on hillsides which otherwise have limited agricultural use). Animals were checked for radiation levels before going to market.
Monitoring- and the resulting restrictions- stayed in place until 2012, the government paying some compensation
(from BBC News, Wales, Chernobyl and the north Wales sheep farmers, 30 years on, Telor Iwan, 26 April 2016:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-36112372 -I thought it was quite a good (brief) read about the "human angle").

I guess the political context in the US would be different, as any radioactivity would be down to the US Government.
Maybe I'm not cynical enough, but I'd be surprised if a US State or Federal Government would allow the continued sale of contaminated livestock- ingested radionuclides accumulate in the body, presenting a cumulative risk to health.

Also, the areas of tissue "taken" from the Madison County cattle, reminiscent of other "cattle mutilation" cases ("lips", tongue, peri-anal and genital areas) might not be the best sites for detecting ingested radionuclides (assuming that bovine physiology isn't too different to humans); thyroid, kidneys and bone would be better indicators:
From Brittanica, "radiation", sub-heading "Accumulation in critical organs"
https://www.britannica.com/science/radiation/Accumulation-in-critical-organs,

crit organs.JPG

The same problem (that the excised tissues are not those you would want) applies even more starkly to the claim that cattle mutilations are part of secret monitoring of BSE (bovine spongiform encephalopathy):
Biochemist Colm Kelleher,[48] who has investigated several purported mutilations first-hand, argues that the mutilations are most likely a clandestine U.S. government effort to track the spread of Bovine spongiform encephalopathy ("mad cow disease") and related diseases, such as scrapie.
Content from External Source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_mutilation
At present, only post-mortem examination of the brain definitively shows the presence of BSE, so the types of damage typically seen in cattle mutilation cases would be useless. Scrapie is a prion disease (like BSE) in sheep and goats, not cattle. There are important differences to BSE; in nearly 300 years scrapie hasn't been connected to illness in humans.

But if "the authorities" wanted cattle specimens for some reason, why not simply buy an occasional cow for testing?

If there were a reason for covert testing- you don't want to hurt the livestock industries, and/ or you want to study the effects of ingesting radionuclides in humans without intervening (a bit like the Tuskegee syphilis study)- why leave evidence?
Some fire and rescue services have trucks like this Unimog Large Animal Rescue Unit of Essex Fire and Rescue Service
unimog animal rescue.jpg(the "horse" here is a mannequin)
Spray it matt khaki (or whatever) and you've got a practical "go anywhere" cow-napping wagon!

Has a trained veterinarian forensic pathologist ever performed a necropsy on a spookily mutilated cow and come up empty as to a cause of the mutilation?
the pro-predator vet pathologist in the Monster Quest show did regarding 2 cases.

btw heres the black vault stash of all the fbi files on mutilations.
https://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/fbifiles/cattlemutilations.pdf

an interesting thing, so old im not sure if we can check out...
from fbi saved article:
Sanders, Ed. “The Mutilation Mystery.” Oui Magazine, Sep. 1976,

Dorothy ALbridge Colorado SPrings Gazette Telegraph.
a blizard in Nov 1975 left thousands of cattle dead and the coyotes and the coyotes went on instant cattle gorge maneuvers. But when Aldridge checked with the rendering plant at Tribune? Kansas which processed 30,000 of the ravaged carcasses they learned that the predators had eaten no eyeballs ears dongs or other favoite treats of mutilators. so much for the cbi report
Content from External Source
a few paragraphs up the Colorado Bureau of Investigation put a a report that of 203 cases investigated 95% determined to be predators.

note: interestingly, what i never heard or thought of, is speculation back in the 70s that some mutilations (possibly if ears involved etc as those seem rare) farmers mutilating to collect insurance payments if cow dies of "mischief". Obviously the farmers were insulted by the suggestion.

I also learned (which i didnt need to know) that apparently if foxes arrive before coyotes they go through the back end. i guess their teeth cant get through stomach skin. pics in spoiler in case anyone is eating dinner in front of their computer

Screenshot 2023-04-25 211044.png

Screenshot 2023-04-25 210523.png

ey566w.jpg

QKveXVy0gM18_bK8UMiK9EBWIw_JPVsfIvfGWPDl7iE.png
[/ex][/ex]

But if "the authorities" wanted cattle specimens for some reason, why not simply buy an occasional cow for testing?
i was just saying that to my mother regarding the satanist theory. i imagine, aside from maybe the liver, the farmers dont sell those parts..or at least not for much so why dont the satanists just buy some left over parts after buchering instead of killing their neighbors bull just for his penis.

The same problem (that the excised tissues are not those you would want) applies even more starkly to the claim that cattle mutilations are part of secret monitoring of BSE (bovine spongiform encephalopathy):

Biochemist Colm Kelleher,[48] who has investigated several purported mutilations first-hand, argues that the mutilations are most likely a clandestine U.S. government effort to track the spread of Bovine spongiform encephalopathy ("mad cow disease") and related diseases, such as scrapie. Content from External Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_mutilation
At present, only post-mortem examination of the brain definitively shows the presence of BSE, so the types of damage typically seen in cattle mutilation cases would be useless. Scrapie is a prion disease (like BSE) in sheep and goats, not cattle. There are important differences to BSE; in nearly 300 years scrapie hasn't been connected to illness in humans.

Linking cattle mutilations to a secret government BSE monitoring program is slightly more plausible than the usual theories that come from Bigelow's Skinwalker Ranch research, which Kelleher ran as head of NIDS and BASS as contracted to AASWAP.

a few paragraphs up the Colorado Bureau of Investigation put a a report that of 203 cases investigated 95% determined to be predators.

I think that when actual large animal vets with experience in postmortem pathology look at these cases, that seems to be what they get. I guess the problem would be, how many experienced large animal pathology vets are there? Seems a bit of a niche field.

So, it's often ends up being the local deputy Sherrif that shows up. My dad was a homicide detective for the Santa Clara Sheriff's Office back in the '70s. I'm pretty sure he did NOT know the difference between a coyote mutilated cow and an alien mutilated one.

I'm pretty sure he did NOT know the difference between a coyote mutilated cow and an alien mutilated one.
well different varmints eat different things. so not just coyotes or wolves say.

the mouth stuff seems to be birds. and obviously the eyes

again pics in spoiler for grossness
Screenshot 2023-04-25 220519.png

Black Vulture m17-43-043.jpg

download.jpg

Linking cattle mutilations to a secret government BSE monitoring program is slightly more plausible than the usual theories that come from Bigelow's Skinwalker Ranch research, which Kelleher ran as head of NIDS and BASS as contracted to AASWAP.

I think that when actual large animal vets with experience in postmortem pathology look at these cases, that seems to be what they get. I guess the problem would be, how many experienced large animal pathology vets are there? Seems a bit of a niche field.

So, it's often ends up being the local deputy Sherrif that shows up. My dad was a homicide detective for the Santa Clara Sheriff's Office back in the '70s. I'm pretty sure he did NOT know the difference between a coyote mutilated cow and an alien mutilated one.
"Award Winning Investigative Journalist" Linda Moulton Howe always includes in her cattle mutilation pitches that a specific law enforcement official in a specific location told her "on the record" that the mutilations were done by creatures not of this Earth. So he must have known the difference between a coyote mutilated cow and an alien mutilated cow. :cool:

Last edited:
I also learned (which i didnt need to know) that apparently if foxes arrive before coyotes they go through the back end. i guess their teeth cant get through stomach skin. pics in spoiler in case anyone is eating dinner in front of their computer
One large animal can provide sustenance for a whole ecosystem of predators for a long time. A friend of mine got a neighbor to help her haul a large road-killed deer up to a pasture on her farm in Ohio and pointed a trail camera at it. It provided food for coyotes, foxes, raccoons, possums, owls, mice, insects, etc. A year later when there was little left of the carcass, small rodents were still coming to gnaw on the bones.

"Award Winning Investigative Journalist" Linda Moulton Howe always includes in her cattle mutilation pitches that a specific law enforcement official in a specific location told her "on the record" that the mutilations were done by creatures not of this Earth. So he must have known the difference between a coyote mutilated cow and an alien mutilated cow. :cool:
Hot take: coyotes are aliens in disguise :cool::cool:

DNoYK0UUQAAzT8y.jpg

Dorothy ALbridge Colorado SPrings Gazette Telegraph.
a blizard in Nov 1975 left thousands of cattle dead and the coyotes and the coyotes went on instant cattle gorge maneuvers. But when Aldridge checked with the rendering plant at Tribune? Kansas which processed 30,000 of the ravaged carcasses they learned that the predators had eaten no eyeballs ears dongs or other favoite treats of mutilators. so much for the cbi report
What page in the pdf was this from? Did the FBI seriously use the word "dongs"?!

Did the FBI seriously use the word "dongs"?!
its from the Oui magazine. the FBI just gathers articles and officail correspondence and throws them all together in their files.

the text is super blurry but it looks like dong. its pretty far down the article.. on the actual fbi page its page 8 https://vault.fbi.gov/Animal Mutilation/Animal Mutilation Part 2 of 5/view

i assume it says dong, (doogs?) just because i saw dong in earlier pages so figured that might be what they're called. (back int he 70s).
1682528310294.png

its from the Oui magazine.
i saw dong in earlier pages so figured that might be what they're called.
Oh deirdre, you do make me smile!
"Oui" wasn't necessarily a peer-reviewed journal (though I'm sure some of my peers reviewed it. At length).
I think it's best described as a gentleman's photographic art appreciation magazine.

"Dong" may be a single toll of a bell, the Vietnamese currency, or several other things, but I think you've derived the correct meaning here from the context.
It's a slang word for penis, normally taken to be coarse or vulgar- but not out of place in "Oui".

I think it's best described as a gentleman's photographic art appreciation magazine.
lol. oh no, that's my second "gentlemen photographic art appreciation magazine" source on Metabunk. lol i got ribbed for that [first] one pretty good too.

Last edited: