"Chemtrail Switch" hoax images

justanairlinepilot

Senior Member.
IMG_2390[1].JPG

Original image:

I'm on the 737. The captain and I were getting a good laugh at what it would be like to label one of the switches. So...I took a pic with my Iphone and had a friend modify the image. We thought it was hilarious, but some of my FB friends didn't have a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a version of the above with corrected perspective text, so people can tell what it should look like. It's still detectable fake though.

Last edited:

Chew

Senior Member.
Oh, great. How long until that floods the chemmies' websites? I hope you added a secret tell in there somewhere.

Also, where is the "defer" switch?

WeedWhacker

Another angle of the "real thing" (actually, a simulator...but exactly identical to the real thing) with a bit more context:

(PM if any explanations are wanted).

Last edited:

Thomas

I used to make back panels for these type of switchboards for airplanes about 25 years ago. Cutting and bending anodized aluminum all day is quite boring job though.

Mick...that is still a little bit off, needs more cowb....fixing! :p

Last edited:

Thomas

Another angle of the "real thing" (actually, a simulator...but exactly identical to the real thing) with a bit more context:

(PM if any explanations are wanted).

I love that! As someone making audio plugins, I am a sucker for knobs, switches and buttons. Might want to nick the style for my next project. :)

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Staff member
A variant of the "chemtrail switch" meme that sometimes pops up is photos of the Flight Management System (FMS) screen, like this:

Notice at the top the legend "ACARS - FREETEXT". That means that the FMS is in the mode where you can type in anything you like as a text message via the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System.

In other words, the "chemtrail" text there has simply been typed in using the FMS keypad.

justanairlinepilot

Senior Member.
Looks like a Bombardier CRJ

A variant of the "chemtrail switch" meme that sometimes pops up is photos of the Flight Management System (FMS) screen, like this:

Notice at the top the legend "ACARS - FREETEXT". That means that the FMS is in the mode where you can type in anything you like as a text message via the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System.

In other words, the "chemtrail" text there has simply been typed in using the FMS keypad.

Trailblazer

Staff member
Hi @Craig Russell. There's no need to post multiple messages: posts by new members are held in a moderation queue as a spam prevention measure.

The "chemtrail control panel" you mention is a joke, and I'm not sure where you think you can see "nozzles spraying"?

upload_2017-10-31_11-5-46.png

Some pilots find the idea of chemtrails funny, so they sometimes mess with chemtrail believers by posting joke messages on the screens.

The audio is clearer on the longer version of the video this is taken from. It's just pilots goofing around:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agEl6l86JHQ

(Probably not the brightest move, seeing as the plane registration and flight number are clearly visible: I suspect American Airlines would have had a word with them for messing about on the job!)

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Staff member
I have spoken to a pilot I know, who flies Boeing 777s. The reply:

Basically, the Flight Management Computer (FMC) is showing genuine flight info, but the bottom line of text, where it says "CHEM-TRAIL_GEN_-_ON" has just been typed in using the keypad for data entry. If the pilot pressed the key to submit the command, it would just display an error because it's not a valid input.

:)

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Mick West GeoengineeringWatch Chemtrail Posters fly-posted in Sydney Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Mick West Do Polls and Google Trends show Chemtrail Belief Declining? Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Mick West TFTRH 9: Joe - Former Chemtrail Conspiracist, Current New World Order Conspiracist Tales From the Rabbit Hole Podcast 51
Mick West YouTube adds Encyclopedia Britannica article on Contrails to "Chemtrail" Videos Contrails and Chemtrails 18
StratMatt777 How to effectively talk to chemtrail folk Practical Debunking 9
Leifer Claim: magnetic dust on cars proves chemtrail fallout Contrails and Chemtrails 11
cmnit Malpensa technician whistleblower on chemtrail activities in airport Contrails and Chemtrails 10
Mick West A Conversation with "Chemtrail" activist Patrick Roddie Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Trailblazer Explained: Vatican "chemtrail spraying" coin [part of set depicting Pope's travels] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
deirdre J.Marvin Herndon tries to pass off Bird Poop as evidence of "chemtrail" spraying Contrails and Chemtrails 24
TEEJ Claim of "UFO" interacting with "Chemtrail", Paris, France, 28th September 2016 Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
JRBids "Chemtrail off your left wing": Air Traffic Controller Contrails and Chemtrails 18
MikeG Debunked: Air Force Verifies Chemtrails are Real Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Mick West Why "Chemtrail" Tests on the Ground Find Metals That Don't Occur Naturally Contrails and Chemtrails 14
MikeC New Zealand Ministry of Environment reply to "chemtrail" query Contrails and Chemtrails 6
MikeG Debunked: Geoengineering Killing Great Barrier Reef Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Tapir-mâché Curious-- how low can persistent contrails form? Contrails and Chemtrails 25
Trailblazer Chemtrail response from Swiss Federal Office of the Environment Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Mick West Persistent Trails Survey Shows Chemtrail Believers Only Recently Noticed Persistent Trails Contrails and Chemtrails 32
MikeC Aircraft weight and balance in the real world Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Trailblazer Another photoshopped chemtrail poster: Michael J Murphy Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Jay Reynolds Chemtrail Believers' predictions of "years left" before disaster Contrails and Chemtrails 6
A Augie Snyder's contrail/chemtrail questions Contrails and Chemtrails 18
Mick West Debunked: Rise In Respiratory Mortality from 4th to 3rd Cause of Death. "Chemtrail Flu" General Discussion 13
Mick West How Rogue Scientist J. Marvin Herndon Disproved the Last Resort of the Chemtrail Theory Contrails and Chemtrails 31
Trailblazer Photoshopped "chemtrail" images on Geoengineeringwatch.org Contrails and Chemtrails 76
JFDee New fuel dump "chemtrail" video [Munich, Thai Airways Flight 925] Contrails and Chemtrails 33
Critical Thinker Why we debunk and who do we reach. Practical Debunking 2
Trailblazer Identified: Chemtrails Project UK's "chemtrail plane" (Air France A340) Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Mick West Debunked: Kylie Jenner's Chemtrail Meme Tweet Contrails and Chemtrails 54
S Contrail shadow Contrails and Chemtrails 15
Trailblazer Video of helicopter leaving "chemtrail"? Contrails and Chemtrails 8
TEEJ Chemtrail Fleet - Peter A. Kirby Contrails and Chemtrails 10
cmnit Chemtrailists articles on Las Vegas Tribune (in 2005) Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Critical Thinker San Diego Chemtrail group to 'educate' & Protest Scientists/Doctors Contrails and Chemtrails 3
TWCobra Madisonstar Moon posts 59 year old photo of B47's contrailing. Contrails and Chemtrails 0
S Black exhaust, contrail, or chemtrail? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Mick West The Best Book for Explaining Contrails to Chemtrail Believers Contrails and Chemtrails 39
Husband of chemmy Help me! Wife is Chemtrailing... Contrails and Chemtrails 69
Jacob Aman J. Marvin Herndon's chemtrail letter to San Diego City Council Contrails and Chemtrails 39
A Dr. Kirkby 2009 CERN presentation: "Clouds Seeded by Jets" [Misunderstanding by Chemtrail Theorists] Contrails and Chemtrails 28
TWCobra Chemtrail evidence that would stand up in court Contrails and Chemtrails 20
Whitebeard Claim - 'Orbs Killing Chemtrails' Contrails and Chemtrails 29
Trailblazer Debunked: "The Snake" non-commercial chemtrail plane (China Eastern A330) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 33
Chemtrail_Follower Chemtrail Follower Escaping The Rabbit Hole 70
Peter How 'alive' is the topic of chemtrails nowadays? Contrails and Chemtrails 32
MikeC Homeopathic chemtrail detox formula Health and Quackery 25
TWCobra Very good question asked by Madison Star Moon Contrails and Chemtrails 27
Gundersen Debunked: Australian Rainwater "Chemtrail" test Contrails and Chemtrails 11
M Need help debunking a picture [Four Jets in Formation, Leaving Contrails] Contrails and Chemtrails 12
Related Articles

Related Articles