"Chemtrail Switch" hoax images

justanairlinepilot

Senior Member.
IMG_2390[1].JPG

Original image:

I'm on the 737. The captain and I were getting a good laugh at what it would be like to label one of the switches. So...I took a pic with my Iphone and had a friend modify the image. We thought it was hilarious, but some of my FB friends didn't have a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a version of the above with corrected perspective text, so people can tell what it should look like. It's still detectable fake though.

Last edited:
Oh, great. How long until that floods the chemmies' websites? I hope you added a secret tell in there somewhere.

Also, where is the "defer" switch?

Another angle of the "real thing" (actually, a simulator...but exactly identical to the real thing) with a bit more context:

(PM if any explanations are wanted).

Last edited:
I used to make back panels for these type of switchboards for airplanes about 25 years ago. Cutting and bending anodized aluminum all day is quite boring job though.

Mick...that is still a little bit off, needs more cowb....fixing! :p

Last edited:
Another angle of the "real thing" (actually, a simulator...but exactly identical to the real thing) with a bit more context:

(PM if any explanations are wanted).

I love that! As someone making audio plugins, I am a sucker for knobs, switches and buttons. Might want to nick the style for my next project. :)

Last edited:
A variant of the "chemtrail switch" meme that sometimes pops up is photos of the Flight Management System (FMS) screen, like this:

Notice at the top the legend "ACARS - FREETEXT". That means that the FMS is in the mode where you can type in anything you like as a text message via the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System.

In other words, the "chemtrail" text there has simply been typed in using the FMS keypad.

Looks like a Bombardier CRJ

A variant of the "chemtrail switch" meme that sometimes pops up is photos of the Flight Management System (FMS) screen, like this:

Notice at the top the legend "ACARS - FREETEXT". That means that the FMS is in the mode where you can type in anything you like as a text message via the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System.

In other words, the "chemtrail" text there has simply been typed in using the FMS keypad.

Hi @Craig Russell. There's no need to post multiple messages: posts by new members are held in a moderation queue as a spam prevention measure.

The "chemtrail control panel" you mention is a joke, and I'm not sure where you think you can see "nozzles spraying"?

upload_2017-10-31_11-5-46.png

Some pilots find the idea of chemtrails funny, so they sometimes mess with chemtrail believers by posting joke messages on the screens.

The audio is clearer on the longer version of the video this is taken from. It's just pilots goofing around:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agEl6l86JHQ

(Probably not the brightest move, seeing as the plane registration and flight number are clearly visible: I suspect American Airlines would have had a word with them for messing about on the job!)

Last edited:
I have spoken to a pilot I know, who flies Boeing 777s. The reply:

That’s the Flight Management Computer, it has a line at the bottom where we can type inputs for the performance or navigation pages in that computer screen... you can write anything in there, up to about 20 characters.

The TV screen he’s pointing at shows it’s a 777-300, those have cameras on both elevators, and the belly, to help with taxiing (they don’t help, but switching them on in flight can be interesting)
Content from External Source
Basically, the Flight Management Computer (FMC) is showing genuine flight info, but the bottom line of text, where it says "CHEM-TRAIL_GEN_-_ON" has just been typed in using the keypad for data entry. If the pilot pressed the key to submit the command, it would just display an error because it's not a valid input.

The pic shows PROGRESS PG 2, which is just flight information, you can’t input anything there anyway.
When we finish a flight, I type GAME OVER INSERT COIN there, no one has ever mentioned it tho
Content from External Source
:)

Back