CDC Vaccination Infographics

Trigger Hippie

Senior Member.
It seems incidents of whooping cough among children are on the rise in the US. Sadly, some are infected because herd immunity has failed to protect pre-vaccinated infants from the disease. Pertussis is one of the most common vaccine preventable diseases in the US. It can lead to death or life long complications. Anyway, while looking into the issue, I came across these infographics. Though I'd share.

A striking graphic comparing infection rates before and after vaccination programs were introduced.

vaccines.jpg

Reasons parents give for refusing, altering or delaying their children's vaccination schedule. (click image to increase size)

vaccines2.jpg

Over 10 years ago I had a repository illness, After several trips to the doctor, and on my second trip to the ER, they decided it was pneumonia, for both me and my hubby. At that time, no one expected to see whooping cough in an adult. Looking back, I am sure that was a major component of my illness. I had the typical cough that takes your breath away with the 'whoop' that gives it its name. I was horrible and it took me a couple of months to get back to normal

what's there to say to people who believe the vaccinations do vaccinate, but also serve a more darker purpose of dumbing down a population? or similar. (not a believer in it, i still take my shots lol)

Over 10 years ago I had a repository illness, After several trips to the doctor, and on my second trip to the ER, they decided it was pneumonia, for both me and my hubby. At that time, no one expected to see whooping cough in an adult. Looking back, I am sure that was a major component of my illness. I had the typical cough that takes your breath away with the 'whoop' that gives it its name. I was horrible and it took me a couple of months to get back to normal

Ya, I hear whooping cough can be brutal, although less dangerous for adults than it is for kids. Apparently it's often misdiagnosed. On a side note, there may be a new strain of the bacteria going around, rendering the current vaccines less effective.

what's there to say to people who believe the vaccinations do vaccinate, but also serve a more darker purpose of dumbing down a population? or similar.

I'd start by saying, "Good day kind sir or madam, would you mind presenting some evidence that backs your contention?"

I'd start by saying, "Good day kind sir or madam, would you mind presenting some evidence that backs your contention?"

then i rattle off all the ingredients which are bad, like mercury, and highlight that there are other cost effective ways (perhaps slightly more expensive) which will work just as well than using them? this is all speculative on the random crap i get fed through twitter, so i don't know how true that other methods of delivery exist etc, but they seem to think so.

Not all vaccines use mercury, and the amount used is tiny. The mercury is not enough to cause any health issues. Remember that the 'dose makes the poison'. We would die without salt, but too much can kill.

Back