CDC admits flu vaccines don't work

The Europeans who came to America never died of smallpox, because they were still alive. The dead europeans were back home, in the ground. 400,000 Europeans died each year in Europe in the 18th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox

The Europeans who had immunity from smallpox were also being constantly exposed to smallpox, in effect getting a "booster shot" every day.

Nobody dies from smallpox now, because of vaccines. Tens of millions of people would die every year otherwise.

Hahahaha! Exposure to chicken pox gives you lifetime immunity to the chicken pox virus, until you get the shingles. That whole article is an argument from ignorance. The author appears to have no idea how the influenza virus evolves and mutates. I suspect that the AP article poorly interpreted the information released by the CDC, but the link is bad, so I can't confirm that.

..an excellent tip that any article is false are the words "Naturalnews.com"...anything after that can be safely ignored.

I agree that most vaccines are very effective and this natural news guy is counter productive by throwing out too many generalizations but if you think the yearly Flu vaccine is your mistaken. When over 50 percent of the studies are funded by vaccine companies thats a red flag. When we match the flu strain perfectly and have the highest vaccine rates ever!!! Yet still have the earliest worst flu season we have ever had that is another red flag.

I agree that most vaccines are very effective and this natural news guy is counter productive by throwing out too many generalizations but if you think the yearly Flu vaccine is your mistaken. When over 50 percent of the studies are funded by vaccine companies thats a red flag. When we match the flu strain perfectly and have the highest vaccine rates ever!!! Yet still have the earliest worst flu season we have ever had that is another red flag.

It's actually only the worst since 2009.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/09/health/us-flu-season/index.html

"This is the worst flu season we've seen since 2009, and people should take the threat of flu seriously," Menino said in a statement. More than 4% of emergency department visits at Boston hospitals are from flu cases, up from 1% during non-flu season.
Content from External Source
Normal variation, and I think you'll find the 1918 flu season was a bit worse than even 2009. 50 Million dead.

Does there exist any kind of higher empirical evidence that Vaccines work? I seem to have heard that there was "no double blind study proving their effectiveness" as being repeated by the anti-vaccine crowd.

Does there exist any kind of higher empirical evidence that Vaccines work? I seem to have heard that there was "no double blind study proving their effectiveness" as being repeated by the anti-vaccine crowd.
Nobody gets smallpox anymore.

Yes, of course vaccines are routinely submitted to studies that use research designs to impose statistical control. Consider the most recent study in the stack, this test of the effectiveness of a malaria vaccine: "Randomized, controlled trial of the long term safety, immunogenicity and efficacy of RTS,S/AS02D malaria vaccine in infants living in a malaria-endemic region." Link is here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23297680 Double-blinded tests are a very good way of getting at the truth, but they are not the only way. There is no placebo-controlled double-blinded study that demonstrates it is better to jump out of a plane with a parachute than without one! We know that parachutes don't always work the way they should. But we also have observed the situation enough to know that one course is better than the other.

Back