CBD, any health treatment beyond epileptic seizures ?

Leifer

Senior Member.
Dr Oz promoting CBD...... https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/dr-oz-allegedly-selling-cbd/
"Today’s teaser says,....
“Finally found the answer to my pain and stress!” When you click on the “Learn more” tab, you get a page with a picture of Dr. Oz and the headline “Dr. Oz Announces His Specially Formulated, Potent CBD Product Is Available on Trial for Less Than $5”. It says Dr. Oz considers it “absolutely imperative that anyone out there suffering from pain or anxiety needs to incorporate CBD into their daily routine”."
That alone, is hilarious and scary.

Last edited:

Leifer

Senior Member.
CBD is being promoted by the USA veteran sites........ (VA) https://va.org/can-cbd-oil-help-with-anxiety-ptsd-in-veterans/

"The VA published in 2016 that 66,000 veterans received treatment for opioid addiction. Cannabidiol (CBD) alleviates pain, diminishes inflammation, enhances mood, and is an effective remedy for a variety of other ailments, both physical and mental.
CBD can probably be an alternative for opioids for military veterans with PTSD and related depressive symptoms. CBD has already shown positive results for these symptoms. "

Like really ?

Last edited:

Leifer

Senior Member.
Listen... if I were to be convinced that CBD was a healthful alternative....of-course I would support it.
.....but I'm not yet convinced.
"
https://va.org/can-cbd-oil-help-with-anxiety-ptsd-in-veterans/

Final Word
There are several clinical trials and tons of anecdotal evidence on the effectiveness of CBD for helping with many of the difficulties our veterans are currently facing. From helping to relieve symptoms of PTSD, anxiety, chronic pain and more, CBD is becoming a popular choice for many veterans."

Last edited:

Leifer

Senior Member.
But I am not yet convinced that CBD trials are not administrating healthfully doses of reproving the latest results.

Last edited:

jarlrmai

My anecdotal experiences with CBD are that if I take enough of a high strength oil I certainly feel some sort of relaxation or at least an actually altered mental state some what. However long term effects are hard to gauge given the cost and variable supply.

FatPhil

Again anecdotal, I was recommended CBD to help with sleep problems, and all I got was tachycardia, even at low doses, somewhat heightened anxiety, and even a touch of nausea at higher doses. Completely counter-productive.

Lu Ann Lewellen

It helps my lower back pain. I was sure it wouldn't work but the first dose was impressive. I could feel the pain dissolve. It doesn't work that well now and I finally decided to increase the strength. I checked BBB for a reputable company after finding out my "free" bottle was something of a scam. The price is okay and they're spot on with the deliveries.

Even though it's not 100% it's better than resorting to cortisone shots, IMO.

Leifer

Senior Member.
It's unfortunate that even my logical friends claim certain benefits from CBD... yet without any meta-tests/study confirmations..
The suggestion is hard ................that it works "how you want it to work".
In fact, the harder you want a placebo to work..... the more effect it has.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Leifer Kombucha.... health additive, or scam ? Health and Quackery 5
Mendel Debunked: The WHO did not take the Taiwan CDC seriously Coronavirus COVID-19 0
derrick06 5G Health Claims and Theories 5G and Other EMF Health Concerns 24
Dan Wilson Debunked: What the Health: Meat and Cancer Health and Quackery 15
R My story (and struggle with mental illness) Escaping The Rabbit Hole 4
Marin B Claim: Hillary’s Brain Injury Caused By ‘Near Fatal Plane Crash’ Conspiracy Theories 9
Mick West Debunked: Hillary Clinton's "Seizure Doctor" with diazepam auto-pen Conspiracy Theories 21
MikeG Florida Zika Response a "Martial Law Exercise" Conspiracy Theories 0
Tapir-mâché Lymphatic yoga? Health and Quackery 6
McGurnicle Brock Chisholm(first Director-General of the World Health Organization) Quote Quotes Debunked 32
CeruleanBlu Airliner Emissions EPA Hearing General Discussion 15
3 Rhode Island Bill H5480 - Relating to the Health and Safety of Geoengineering General Discussion 51
M Health Effects - Jet Fuel Exposure (JP8+100) Health and Quackery 4
SeanDWalker Mental health and conspiracy. General Discussion 21
U Debunked: Mitt Romney: Americans don't die from lack of health insurance: Conspiracy Theories 0
HappyMonday Debunked: Chemtrail Health Alert Network notice for Arizona Contrails and Chemtrails 11
Dan Wilson Chris Beat Cancer: Survival Stories Health and Quackery 6
Dan Wilson Cancer Cures: Why is Cancer so Hard to Treat? Health and Quackery 4
mrfintoil Dr Rima Laibow - colloidal silver fighting ebola in Sierra Leone Health and Quackery 9
huwp Ships beyond the horizon - Earth curvature demonstration Flat Earth 7
Alchemist Moving Beyond The Rabbit Hole Escaping The Rabbit Hole 7
tryblinking Consciousness Beyond Chemtrails Conference Contrails and Chemtrails 41
Danny55 Conciousness Beyond Chemtrails Conference Contrails and Chemtrails 1
firepilot Consciousness Beyond Chemtrails event Contrails and Chemtrails 0

Related Articles