Billy Corgan talks about 'Chemtrails' on stage

HappyMonday

Here's Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins describing "when the skies used to be blue, before...toxic death smoke," to an audience in Arizona in 2010 -

...and here's one of several tweets around the period in 2010

Chemtrails on Halloween? Spooky! Maybe instead of just barium + antibiotics they made a special mix to drop with spider webs + cat's claw.
Content from External Source
https://twitter.com/Billy/status/29317476020

The barium claim has been debunked ad-nauseum, but it looks like Billy has gone for the believers stance without a second thought. You'd think somebody around him would let him know wouldn't you?

He has form for espousing off the deep end ideas too, as suggested by this guest interview on Alex Jone's Infowars, discussing a variety of topics -

http://www.infowars.com/billy-corgan-speaks-out-against-the-nwo

Apparently, he uses this platform to explain how the music and entertainment industry is used to control culture. Hmm.

Wonder if it's worth keeping a list of famous chemtrail advocates? These guys absolutely should know better, and should be embarrassed at every turn if possible in my view.

Wonder if it's worth keeping a list of famous chemtrail advocates? These guys absolutely should know better, and should be embarrassed at every turn if possible in my view.

Why should they know better? They have good performing skills, that does not make them more intelligent or well-educated, or less prone to paranoia, than average.

Of course though, since they reach a lot of people, it would be better if they were not spreading bunk, but I don't think they are any less human than the rest of us.

Allow me to clarify, should know better than to advocate for a theory without a cursory check of the facts presented by the doubters. Should something exceptionally unpleasant be caused by a chemtrail believer, it's the high profile believers like Billy Corgan who's names will end up associated with the act in the tabloids.

Some theories are easier to see through than others, with chemtrails being one of the easier ones to disprove as far as I can tell. High profile advocacy of it suggests a serious lack of diligence somewhere along the line, in terms of PR.

Just another lame excuse for chemtrailers to say ''it must be true'' even the smashing pumpkins believe in chemtrails.

Allow me to clarify, should know better than to advocate for a theory without a cursory check of the facts presented by the doubters. Should something exceptionally unpleasant be caused by a chemtrail believer, it's the high profile believers like Billy Corgan who's names will end up associated with the act in the tabloids.

Some theories are easier to see through than others, with chemtrails being one of the easier ones to disprove as far as I can tell. High profile advocacy of it suggests a serious lack of diligence somewhere along the line, in terms of PR.

He's probably "done his own research".

I have always sort of admired Charles Barkley for saying that " sports figures should not be considered role models." I feel that goes for musicians, actors, artists and others. They aren't role models or experts on anything other than their field. There are some that also have a degree in a 'normal' field. I am thinking about Brian May of Queen as one example (he has a degree in astrophysics).

Back