Biden's New Head [Old Photos, Squinting, Hair Transplant]

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
EuzK3sgXYAAC12Z.jpg
The above photos were tweeted out by a Michael Moore (not the director), with the comment:
Article:
The media constantly brought up Trump’s tanning.

Is anyone going to ask about Biden’s new head?

Moore is probably just making a snarky comment about Biden's hair transplant - a topic that has actually be discussed in the media for decades, here's an example from 2008 dating the story back to 1987, and including another photo where he does not look exactly the same:
Article:
static.politico.jpgIt is a fraying, combed-back helmet that barely covers a longtime fact of Washington life: The senator from Delaware has taken steps to pre-empt baldness.

The most common hypothesis is that he received a hair transplant, where follicles from the bushier back of the head are grafted onto fading spots closer to the front of the dome.

In 1987, a Washington Post reporter asked him to confirm the theory. "Guess," he responded. "I've got to keep some mystery in my life."

Snark aside, in the more Q-like corners of the internet a frequently popular theory is that various people are imposters, clones, or body doubles. Evidence for this theory comes from poor-quality and misleading photo comparisons like Moore's. So his popular tweet was an instant hit in those circles, with a significant number of those commenting raising the possibility of the photos being of different people.
2021-02-22_06-26-35.jpg

The two photos come from two inaugurations, Jan 20th on 2009 and Jan 20th 2021, 12 years apart. So some differences are to be expected. The photos are most easily distinguished by the color of Jill Biden's dress or coat: red in 2009, grey in 2013, blue in 2021.

The "Old" photo Moore picked was from 20092021-02-22_06-51-12.jpg

The "new" one is actually from 2013:
2021-02-22_06-52-21.jpg

Biden's in 2021
2021-02-22_07-01-26.jpg
(Source: https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/top-stories/local-lawmakers-react-to-bidens-inauguration/)

Notice in 2021 there was again direct sunlight, so Biden is squinting, leading to a more similar photo to the 2009 image. So a more honest comparison of how Biden has changed (and over a much longer version) is to compare 2009 to 2021
2021-02-22_07-24-59.jpg

Last edited:
i dont see any indication of hair transplant. it looks like in 2009 he used bryl creme and in 2012 his stylist used mouse and a round brush to give the common illusion of fullness. the whiter hair also reflects the sunlight so you dont see "through it" as easily as you do with greyer hair.

add: men discussing the issue
Article:
Hair looks thick when dry; thin with Brylcreem applied

Last edited:
If he had transplants, he had them decades ago, but probably with some touch-ups since. He's really just got a different comb-over now.

just saying you have "hair transplant" as the explanation in title when referring to pics from 2009. while possible, "styling products" seems more likely to me.

On a related point, various people on Twitter have claimed that Biden's earlobes have changed over time, and that this is either a sign of cosmetic surgery or use of a body double. The key issue is whether or not his earlobes are 'attached', and if so whether this has changed. One claim is that his right earlobe has been surgically altered while the left has not.
There are indeed some recent photos in which the right earlobe appears to be attached. Snopes.com investigated this in December 2020 and concluded that there was some evidence of a real change, while dismissing claims about clones, body doubles, etc. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/earlobes-biden-body-double/ One close-up photo in the Snopes article (captioned 'okay, look at the ear') does seem difficult to explain away by camera angles, lighting effects, etc, though perhaps not by use of photoshop on the image itself. (The 2021 Inauguration picture in Mick West's original post above unfortunately has a strong shadow falling right across the area of interest!) I guess the most likely explanation is that it is a side-effect of cosmetic surgery, rather than a deliberate alteration of the ear itself. After all, as someone commented on Twitter, why would anyone alter one ear and not the other? Another possibility is that there was some purely medical reason for surgery in that area. I recall that Ronald Reagan, while in office as President, had surgery for a minor skin cancer on his nose.

Would you let this man near your health care?!?
1614034618680.png

Actually, I thought I remembered some very obvious plugs on Biden's head from maybe ~30 years ago...but not finding a pic
that matches my (flawed) memory. But he was balding badly in the
'80s, so I find it hard to believe that anyone (except someone very new to politics) wouldn't know that he had it done way back when...

no plugs or transplants in the back anytime since obama years anyway. He still has that same bald area in the back.

inaug.png

the middle finger appearing longer is just from the angle, the one appearing shorter is just bent and more forward while the other is more straight and back further. IMO.

Thanks. That seems decisive. But if it was purely cosmetic surgery I don't think I'd hire the surgeon. The result looks weird. I still wonder if there was some medical reason for the procedure. Elderly white folk who spend time in the sun are at high risk of basal cell carcinoma. Maybe he took the opportunity of the lockdown last year for a bit of discreet treatment, away from public view?

Looks ok to me. and the scar healed nicely which is the important part. You wouldn't have even noticed if the conspiracy theorists didn't point it out :)
Probably. But once it is pointed out, it does look odd. I think the triangular projection, apparently called the tragus, is now smaller than in pre-2020 photos. It looks like the bottom of it has been removed. Compare it in the 2009 and 2021 photos in post #1. That might be more consistent with a medical procedure, especially if it is only done on one ear. The question might be raised, why would a medical procedure be kept secret? Surely a legitimate medical reason would be less embarrassing for Biden than a cosmetic face lift? But then 'candidate Biden has cancer op' is probably not a headline he would want to see in Election year. For comparison, Ronald Reagan's cancer ops were when he was safely into his second term.

Surely a legitimate medical reason would be less embarrassing for Biden than a cosmetic face lift?

they seem to be more popular with men now a days. esp those in the public eye. I'm not sure it's that big a deal. (Ivana said Trump had a scalp reduction surgery... whatever that is).

But im pretty sure Biden's medical records were released. and there were some sun spots removed. Based on his heart issues etc (in article) i doubt he'd be too worried about revealing a skin spot. they usually are not that big of a deal unless left untreated.

Article:
The report also says Biden has had "several localized, non-melanoma skin cancers removed with Mohs surgery." Since those findings, Biden "continues to receive close dermatologic surveillance," because "he did spend a good deal of time in the sun in his youth."

they seem to be more popular with men now a days. esp those in the public eye. I'm not sure it's that big a deal. (Ivana said Trump had a scalp reduction surgery... whatever that is).

But im pretty sure Biden's medical records were released. and there were some sun spots removed. Based on his heart issues etc (in article) i doubt he'd be too worried about revealing a skin spot. they usually are not that big of a deal unless left untreated.

Article:
The report also says Biden has had "several localized, non-melanoma skin cancers removed with Mohs surgery." Since those findings, Biden "continues to receive close dermatologic surveillance," because "he did spend a good deal of time in the sun in his youth."
I should have thought of the published medical records. I'm surprised that Snopes.com don't mention them either, instead of just speculating about cosmetic surgery. A medical history of surgery for skin cancer could well explain the photographic oddities, though the newspaper article does not go into specifics.

I'm surprised that Snopes.com don't mention them either, instead of just speculating about cosmetic surgery
Snopes did mention "medical" reasons. but it's kinda obvious he had a facelift at some point. his neck is completely different :) and that is exactly where a facelift scars would be and the ear attachment is relatively common in facelifts. (scars also on both sides). If it looks like a duck...

biden other side
download.jpg

mickey roarke

mickey-rourke-beforeafter.jpg

5fce016deadd8400183df69a.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm. It's funny how much of a ruckus it caused on Twitter considering Biden has been around a long time. Take a ton of photos of somebody in general and some are bound to look "off". Man some pictures I have of myself don't look like me. Add decades into the mix and the progress of camera technology over time, even within the last 20 years and you can definitely contribute to the madness let alone his medical conditions/cosmetic procedures over time.

It's funny how much of a ruckus it caused on Twitter considering Biden has been around a long time.
what's more funny is we'd very likely be better off with the body double instead of the real Biden. so i dont know what the conservative conspiracy theorists are complaining about!

Indeed, many Trumpstills believe that the President is a clone/impostor of Biden based on this (and hence, not the real President) but I think it is just a combination of aging and cosmetic surgery, at least that is what my common sense tells me. Sure, make fun of him all you want, but many of us are at least going to consider one when we reach 60 years of age! Also, 2013 Biden seems more similar to 2021 Biden (was Obama's second inauguration really 8 YEARS AGO? God, I feel old).

Sorry for replying so late, but I just came across your post. It's unfortunate to see people using poor-quality and misleading photo comparisons to spread baseless theories. It's critical to understand that objectively evaluating external differences from photographs can be quite difficult, especially over years when age-related changes can occur.

I have argued with folks about this on various conspiracy sites. It is worth stressing that his left earlobe is attached, possibly post-surgically at some point in the past, while his right remains detached. In order to make it seem that something mysterious has changed in the last few years, some conspiracy promoters flip an image left for right so it seems that a very recently Biden suddenly had the ear change (implying the "new" Biden is an imposter, or en extrmis has a new head, of all things.) Being aware of this trick is helpful.

bidens earlobes.jpg

I've looked for a video of a speech where he turns his head from showing one ear to the other. These are plentiful, but so far I have not found one with a good close up at the right moment. Still, in this gif, from the state of the union address, the differences in the ears is visible. Link to the source video is below, which is in higher resolution, at least.
biden ears.gif
Gif made from:
Source: https://youtu.be/Wl6b5KnpmB4?t=1937

Back