10 White "UFO" objects filmed flying over Japan

J

Joe

A video shot in Japan’s port city of Osaka has been making the rounds online, displaying a swarm of white spherical objects of unknown origin flying across the sky. The low-quality footage has triggered speculation over extra-terrestrial life and UFOs. http://www.rt.com/news/311016-ufo-sighting-japan-video/

[Admin Edits]

Stabilized and speed x4

Last edited by a moderator:
I could get similar footage of the white pelicans over the St. Johns when they are soaring in the sunlight with clouds in the background.

I'm going to google and see if anybody has already put up such a video. It is a striking think to see.

What kind of large white birds are there in Osaka that might soar on thermals the way that white pelicans do when they are wintering here in Florida?

The way they do not all move in unison makes me think they're birds rather than balloons or lanterns.
I am not so sure. The wind in video blows away from the camera, as indicated by smoke plumes from the chimneys. If these were balloons, they also would be flying away from the camera. If this was the case, their velocities would be mostly oriented in this direction, but their major 'away' components would be hardly noticeable because of the perspective shortening. In contrast, the small variations of the lateral components of their velocities would create the impression that they do not move in unison.

Birds, balloons, lanterns, scraps of paper or plastic bags taken up by the wind..

But what strikes me is that these objects only appear to be 'hovering' because the video has been slowed down to a snail's pace. Look at the smoke from the smokestacks - it's barely moving.

If the video were at a regular speed, the motion of the white objects would possibly reveal a little bit more about what they are. They'd move like a flock of birds, or a cluster of balloons or paper blown on the wind.

Take scombrid's video of birds above, for example, and in the gear 'settings' icon in Youtube, change the 'speed' to .25 and change the 'quality' to 144, and suddenly what were clearly birds flying are now fuzzy white orbs hovering slowly in the sky.

I am not so sure. The wind in video blows away from the camera, as indicated by smoke plumes from the chimneys. If these were balloons, they also would be flying away from the camera. If this was the case, their velocities would be mostly oriented in this direction, but their major 'away' components would be hardly noticeable because of the perspective shortening. In contrast, the small variations of the lateral components of their velocities would create the impression that they do not move in unison.
hard to tell. these blobs look almost identical but you can see a bit more 'flapping', so now im leaning towards birds but im thinking more along the lines of seagulls or something else that can hover on wind currents.

But they look just like gulls on a gusty day hovering over McDonalds waiting for french fries (mmm french fires!)

edit add: lol the french fry hover

I have downloaded the video on my computer and preliminary analysed the movements of individual objects. Each appears to move steadily in the same direction with its own speed. A flock of birds does not fly like this (unless the video sequence was deliberately truncated before some of the flying objects changed direction).

A flock of birds does not fly like this
even if they are flying more towards us then to the right?. im thinking the to the right movement is only slightly their direction and is primarily the wind. i know their size doesnt seem to cahgne a they get closer to us but its a very far distance away and the clip is rather short.

Can someone with the ability to stabilize video help on this? The jitter makes it really hard to look at the subtle movements. I get the feeling Deirdre is on the right track though.

Nice. It's clear the objects are swarming or flocking, as opposed to the type of purposeful flight humans use. Their headings and/or speed seem to vary greatly while as a group they move in a rightward direction.

The resolution is too poor to make any other judgement, but given the stated location in Osaka a group of large white seabirds like Pelicans seems probable.

Back