Will the Disappearance of the Malaysian Airplane Become this generation's JFK Conspiracy?

Will the Disappearance of the Malaysian Airplane Become this generation's JFK Conspiracy?

• Total voters

moderateGOP

There will always be people who believe in the 9/11 conspiracy theories . But that is a handful of people compared to those who believe in JFK conspiracies or UFOs starting with the Roswell New Mexico Crash. Gallup estimates that a majority of Americans or 61% believe JFK was killed in some type of conspiracy. Nearly half (50%) the American population believe that UFOs are visiting Earth piloted by Aliens. So before you go Saying no, no, no it's got to be 9/11! Consider the this:

Only 5% of Americans actually believe that "certain US government elements actively planned or assisted some aspects of the [9/11] attacks." Almost all of the theories surrounding flight 370 have been wrong!!! So there’s no doubt why the Disappearance of the Malaysian Airlines flight MH 370 has taken the internet by storm. Most of the theories circling the disappearance are complete bunk! This might have something to do with the fact that there is no official story from world governments about what happened. Since there has been no official story about Flight 370, the internet is left to it’s own opinions, and that can be a very dangerous place to stay.

YouTube clips are already questioning the official story as a false flag planted by CNN (the Network that broke the story). It won’t be long before entire books about “what really happened” to Malaysian Airlines flight MH 370 will hit the bookshelves. Some of those will be genuine but most will be complete fabrication themselves. People will “speak out” that there was corruption of some sort and that people knew it was going to happen. Maybe some passengers will be found weeks later. Maybe no passengers will ever be found and decades later someone will claim that they were a passenger but was forced to be “silenced” by the government. Do you see what I’m getting at here? The disappearance is a perfect recipe for a Conspiracy Theory!

Not just any conspiracy theory. This news story seems directly out of science fiction. Strange parallels to the insanely popular TV show Lost has been whispered about on internet forums. I think this story much like the Roswell NM UFO Crash, will become forever embedded into the social consciousness of our generation. Because of it’s perfect recipe of possible ties to terrorism bringing back memories of 9/11, disappearance in the sky alluding to stories of UFOs, possible corruption or intended ignorance by the Malaysian government to “figure out what really happened.” As well as the religious parallels to the Rapture because the people have disappeared without a trace.

I don't think so. A president being assassinated is very different to a plane being lost.

And it's quite possible the plane will be found, and the loss explained.

For an event to spawn a conspiracy theory that has real legs, it really needs to happen in the USA and/or have a significant American involvement.
Consider 7/7. a truly dreadful happening but as a ct it limps along like a one legged crisis actor. Had it taken place in New York or Washington, we'd be fending off bullshit on an hourly basis for the next hundred years.

I doubt it.

That it's been called a "false flag" by CTs is now a threshold lower than a limbo pole in Munchkinland:

Google "false flag" with any news story these days, and see YouTube videos posted within
15 minutes of the story breaking…they don't have anything new or a fresh angle,
they've just learned to kick every time the media taps their knee with a little rubber hammer.
No happening is too big or too small or too absurd to be called a "false flag" anymore.
UConn wins NCAA Tournament? "False Flag!" Taco Bell's new "A.M. Crunchwrap™" ? "False flag!!"

Also, I'm betting the plane will be found, and--unless it has an Illuminati bumper sticker on it--the story will fade…and I don't want to have to get out the "American Lives to non-american lives" news conversion chart.

Most of the theories circling the disappearance are complete bunk! This might have something to do with the fact that there is no official story from world governments about what happened.
I agree 100% with this statement you made in bold. If the Malaysian Government handled this correctly both with the media and the investigation, CT's wouldn't have taken hold.

I agree 100% with this statement you made in bold. If the Malaysian Government handled this correctly both with the media and the investigation, CT's wouldn't have taken hold.
Really? Were the Boston Marathon, Fort Hood, etc. situations handled poorly, leading to CTs "taking hold" ?

I don't think anything needs to be "handled" incorrectly at this point for CTs to begin and gather steam on YouTube. Some people are addicted.

Really? Were the Boston Marathon, Fort Hood, etc. situations handled poorly, leading to CTs "taking hold" ?

I don't think anything needs to be "handled" incorrectly at this point for CTs to begin and gather steam on YouTube. Some people are addicted.
I think its fair to state the obvious mishandling of this investigation by Malaysia and their unwillingness to inform the public about the investigation has allowed CT's to be more abundant than in other situations (and this unwillingness to inform the public came in the days to weeks after the plane went missing, not whats going on in the media now). While fort hood and Boston bombers also had CT's about what happened, most of them or in fact all of them involved governments' involvement type of CT's. I think Malaysia is a unique case in that there was a great deal of either misinformation (thanks to the media and their speculation), or false information which left people questioning the "facts" at hand. It gave rise a relentless wave of CT's ranging from small black holes, to UFO's, terrorism, pilot suicide, ghost plane, China government involvement, israeli involvement, US involvement, even Iran involvement. Thats what I agreed with, not all this persons' opinions.. I think fair is fair.

There is an official story. Malaysia has started a criminal investigation.

The aircraft will be found the same way AF447 was found. The only difference between that incident and this one is that at this point of the investigation, they knew where to start looking with AF447. Once they recovered the FDR and CVR, the mystery was solved very quickly.

It took 2 years to recover the CVR and FDR from AF 447 however.

For an event to spawn a conspiracy theory that has real legs, it really needs to happen in the USA and/or have a significant American involvement.
Consider 7/7. a truly dreadful happening but as a ct it limps along like a one legged crisis actor. Had it taken place in New York or Washington, we'd be fending off bullshit on an hourly basis for the next hundred years.

Really? I think that's a bit of understatement some of the biggest Conspiracy Theories in the world are NOT USA related. Illuminati, Princess Diana, the Jewish conspiracy which gave rise to the Nazis etc, belief in Aliens etc...

Really? I think that's a bit of understatement some of the biggest Conspiracy Theories in the world are NOT USA related. Illuminati, Princess Diana, the Jewish conspiracy which gave rise to the Nazis etc, belief in Aliens etc...

TWC was talking about event conspiracies - like JFK, OKC, 9/11, 7/7, Sandy Hook, Aurora, Boston. Only Diana in your list is an event, and really not up on the radar in the US conspiracy sphere. The others are world-wide super-conspiracies, not events.

TWC was talking about event conspiracies - like JFK, OKC, 9/11, 7/7, Sandy Hook, Aurora, Boston. Only Diana in your list is an event, and really not up on the radar in the US conspiracy sphere. The others are world-wide super-conspiracies, not events.
But that's my point, I believe it has a good shot of becoming a World Wide super conspiracy! At least so far it has been.

But that's my point, I believe it has a good shot of becoming a World Wide super conspiracy! At least so far it has been.
I agree, but only if the aircraft is never found or the black box or voice recordings. I think if this is found and a transcript is released to the public then all CT's surrounding this should die, and new ones will be born

But it's a single event - a plane going missing does not compare in any way to the Jews controlling the world.

Even conspiracies are explaination for a single event.

Super conspiracies are basically a worldview, attempting to explain ALL significant events. MH370 might be used as another piece of "evidence" for such a super conspiracy, but it is not one itself.

You would think so. The 9/11 Commission Report should have stopped the conspiracy theories, instead it seems to have accelerated them.
Agreed but the 9/11 Commission Report had many holes in it which only added to the CT's of that time, and it didn't help when the sane side also admitted that there were mistakes in the report and omissions which proved vital for the investigation.

Agreed but the 9/11 Commission Report had many holes in it which only added to the CT's of that time, and it didn't help when the sane side also admitted that there were mistakes in the report and omissions which proved vital for the investigation.

Notice that all of this has already happened with Flight MH370. It's already a super-charged Conspiracy Theory. JFK was an American event and it became a world-wide belief. IDK, though how many people around the world believe that Kennedy Assassination was linked to some type of conspiracy. It's hard to do world-wide polls. So was 9/11. 9/11 became a buzz word for far left people around the world to bash any form of American interference. If no black box is found or if the black box dies. All hell will break loose!

That's the point. Without going off topic into the details of 911/Sandy Hook/Boston bombers... CTers have a history of using any small discrepancies, omissions and mistakes to construct their conspiracies. The MH-370 recorders will be used in the same way.

That's the point. Without going off topic into the details of 911/Sandy Hook/Boston bombers... CTers have a history of using any small discrepancies, ommissions and mistakes to construct their conspiracies. The MH-370 recorders will be used in the same way.

In some cases the CTers don't even care about the official report. The Sandy Hook recordings were barely even mentioned on their websites, because they thought the Youtube videos their community made was the truth, and they were placed online way before the official story ever got out! This is currently happening with Flight MH-370. Although it's more Mainstream, since Cable News stations are involved.

In the same day I saw Fox News do a story about a feeling some dude had that the plane is in Pakistan. CNN did a story about tiny blackholes...

That's the point. Without going off topic into the details of 911/Sandy Hook/Boston bombers... CTers have a history of using any small discrepancies, omissions and mistakes to construct their conspiracies. The MH-370 recorders will be used in the same way.
Oh, OK, I guess I missed the point, sorry about that. I was confirming your opinion without even knowing I was doing it...

In some cases the CTers don't even care about the official report. The Sandy Hook recordings were barely even mentioned on their websites, because they thought the Youtube videos their community made was the truth, and they were placed online way before the official story ever got out! This is currently happening with Flight MH-370. Although it's more Mainstream, since Cable News stations are involved.

In the same day I saw Fox News do a story about a feeling some dude had that the plane is in Pakistan. CNN did a story about tiny blackholes...
thats was also one of my earlier points, It feels like the main stream media sculpted the "what happened" before they even knew what happened. I don't know if they do it to be the first to cover every ridiculous possibility or purely for ratings. But when CNN says UFO's or blackholes were involved, the laymen will run with that story. I think this was the reason why so many CT's were fabricated about the missing flight 370. At least with 9/11 the news was pouring out about terrorist, and al queda, and OBL. Literally within hours of it happening. Which illustrates the governments ability to make the news to how they see fit.

But back to the OP of this thread, its not fair to compare the death of a President with a missing airliner. Shamefully, this plane will be forgotten in the same way all other major plane accidents and plane disappearances have. Maybe if it occurred in the Bermuda Triangle or Devil's Triangle I could see this live on, but the media has already began to move on from the this story, unless of course your CNN

Check out this thread http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread980181/pg1

The third post, made just hours after the LAX shooting, and already a conspiracy is taking shape. In this case the details of the shooting were completely irreverent to the conspiracy. Just the fact that the LAX shooting made the news was cause for suspicion.

Last edited:
But back to the OP of this thread, its not fair to compare the death of a President with a missing airliner. Shamefully, this plane will be forgotten in the same way all other major plane accidents and plane disappearances have. Maybe if it occurred in the Bermuda Triangle or Devil's Triangle I could see this live on, but the media has already began to move on from the this story, unless of course your CNN
The massive media coverage will give it legs. But think back to Air France 447, which crashed June 2009. While there was some debris and bodies found within days, the black box was not found for two years, leaving a huge mystery - ripe for filling with conspiracy theories. Yet the only reason anyone in the US mainstream thinks of AF447 now is because of the comparisons to MH370. And when MH370 is found (which is looks quite likely it will, with the pinger probably being somewhat located) then the conspiracies will just return to the obscure corners of the internet. It will rank somewhere below TWA800, and nowhere near JFK.

The massive media coverage will give it legs. But think back to Air France 447, which crashed June 2009. While there was some debris and bodies found within days, the black box was not found for two years, leaving a huge mystery - ripe for filling with conspiracy theories. Yet the only reason anyone in the US mainstream thinks of AF447 now is because of the comparisons to MH370. And when MH370 is found (which is looks quite likely it will, with the pinger probably being somewhat located) then the conspiracies will just return to the obscure corners of the internet. It will rank somewhere below TWA800, and nowhere near JFK.

IF it's found...Depends on the nature of the find. If it's a bunch of "unidentifiable" debris in the CT minds, then the official story won't stick. There will be demands to see all the dead bodies, neatly in their airline seats. With name tags!!!

Check out this thread http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread980181/pg1

The third post, made just hours after the LAX shooting, and already a conspiracy is taking shape. In this case the details of the shooting where completely irreverent to the conspiracy. Just the fact that the LAX shooting made the news was cause for suspicion.

Oh yes. This happens in most cases too! But then later, they admitted that the LAX shooter was one of them. Because he had the grand notion of dismantling the TSA.

IF it's found...Depends on the nature of the find. If it's a bunch of "unidentifiable" debris in the CT minds, then the official story won't stick. There will be demands to see all the dead bodies, neatly in their airline seats. With name tags!!!

Yeah, but the question here is if it's going to be a JFK magnitude conspiracy. A couple of obscure web sites saying "why no photos of bodies", is inevitable - but it's not going to rise to the same level, not even close.

I think most of the public, like 95% or greater have already accepted this story for what it is. A plane went missing and crashed in the ocean. I don't think it matters what investigators find, so long as the discoveries stick to this story line. But your right, Conspirators will demand every peace to be found, and body parts to be identified before they can put their wild thoughts to rest. But as Mick pointed out, this unfortunately will be forgotten from our minds unless of course you happen to fly on a Malaysian Airline or if there is another accident with similar properties

I think American cters think the "Illuminati" has enormous U.S. connections. From the pyramid/all seeing eye banknotes to the 1776 link, and they bash on about it incessantly. Likewise, surely more Americans believe in aliens than any other nationality, indeed it seems a huge number have been "beamed up" for coffee 'n cookies and a little friendly probing! And when it comes to visiting, our friends from galaxies far, far away seem to have satnavs (GPS) that feature only the USA.
I'm not bashing America(ns), I think the majority of the posters here are from the States, and they represent the cornerstone of sanity as far as I am concerned, but you can't ignore the fact that the "hobby" of conspiracy theory has a bigger grip there, and therefore has more staying power if there's an American connection.

I think American cters think the "Illuminati" has enormous U.S. connections. From the pyramid/all seeing eye banknotes to the 1776 link, and they bash on about it incessantly. Likewise, surely more Americans believe in aliens than any other nationality, indeed it seems a huge number have been "beamed up" for coffee 'n cookies and a little friendly probing! And when it comes to visiting, our friends from galaxies far, far away seem to have satnavs (GPS) that feature only the USA.
I'm not bashing America(ns), I think the majority of the posters here are from the States, and they represent the cornerstone of sanity as far as I am concerned, but you can't ignore the fact that the "hobby" of conspiracy theory has a bigger grip there, and therefore has more staying power if there's an American connection.
OT; There was a poll taken from about 1300 registered voters (Dems and Reps) by "public policy polling" which discusses all of the major CT's out there and what percentage of the voters believe in. I bring this up because Melbury discusses how CT's are more prevelant in the US like UFO's and Illuminati. It's an interesting read. Its amazing how your affiliation with a party can influence your opinion, like the Iraq war, WMD's, and OBL
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf

Likewise, surely more Americans believe in aliens than any other nationality, indeed it seems a huge number have been "beamed up" for coffee 'n cookies and a little friendly probing! And when it comes to visiting, our friends from galaxies far, far away seem to have satnavs (GPS) that feature only the USA.
that's cause we have Area 51 and having a tourist attraction helps as a gathering mecca of sorts. Plus theres Hollyweird, so if the aliens want to stay its easier to blend in!

US might have louder CTs but the Nazi were founded on belief in the Illuminati. The Nazis led by Hitler, have done a whole lot worse than any American so far in the belief of the Jewish Conspiracy theory. Belief in UFOs was around a whole hell of a lot longer than the USA itself. If you take a look at CT history as a whole, and not just western CTs you'll see that your assumption is WAY off. Americans tend to like the little CTs moreso than the bigger CTs. They like to make some CTs popular. In order to, "wake you up." Because the little CTs aren't considered CTs yet in the minds of most people. Mostly because most people wouldn't even dare think of half the stuff they make up. Others might think they are asking reasonable questions, even though they are not. Usually those people haven't been following the story closely enough which is why they are led to believe in "alternate theories." Also a lot of CTers claim to be from America, when they are not. Or they are from America, but they shouldn't be living here as they go off and defend North Korea and Iranian dictatorships...

Really? Wow, this is an interesting avenue to explore. Thanks!

I say read this book: http://www.amazon.com/Voodoo-Histor...d=1397421953&sr=8-1&keywords=voodoo+histories It's really interesting and talks a lot about Hitler's beliefs and the beliefs of the German people prior to the rise of Nazi Germany. Basically, belief in the Illuminati was spreading throughout Europe around this time and landed squarely in Adolf Hitler's viewpoint. Unfortunately Hitler was crazy and became consumed with these beliefs often times twisting them up himself which later became Mein Kampf

Back