Will the Disappearance of the Malaysian Airplane Become this generation's JFK Conspiracy?

Will the Disappearance of the Malaysian Airplane Become this generation's JFK Conspiracy?

• Total voters
a lot of CTers claim to be from America, when they are not.
I din't think you could possibly verify that.

US might have louder CTs but the Nazi were founded on belief in the Illuminati. The Nazis led by Hitler, have done a whole lot worse than any American so far in the belief of the Jewish Conspiracy theory. Belief in UFOs was around a whole hell of a lot longer than the USA itself. If you take a look at CT history as a whole, and not just western CTs you'll see that your assumption is WAY off. Americans tend to like the little CTs moreso than the bigger CTs. They like to make some CTs popular. In order to, "wake you up." Because the little CTs aren't considered CTs yet in the minds of most people. Mostly because most people wouldn't even dare think of half the stuff they make up. Others might think they are asking reasonable questions, even though they are not. Usually those people haven't been following the story closely enough which is why they are led to believe in "alternate theories." Also a lot of CTers claim to be from America, when they are not. Or they are from America, but they shouldn't be living here as they go off and defend North Korea and Iranian dictatorships...

It's not about origins its about perpetuation. If the USA stopped believing in conspiracy theories en mass, most of them would rapidly sink without trace.
Make your next poll "Americans Are More Likely To Believe Conspiracy Theories" Yes or No.

I don't think so. A president being assassinated is very different to a plane being lost.

And it's quite possible the plane will be found, and the loss explained.

I agree with you that the president being assassinated is very different from a plane going missing let alone more than one plane. Kind of fishy that we are unable to find these planes if you ask me? What are your thoughts on the missing planes and conspiracy theories? I don’t think it is possible to just lose a plane because it would leave behind pieces of the plane if it crashed. I know the sharks may eat the people or it could have caught on fire but overall there would be some trace of the plane somewhere. I believe that the planes were high jacked and taken somewhere. Somewhere where our technology is foggy and unable to get an exact location of the coordinates. With our technology these days I find it hard to believe that we can’t find them. We just are not looking hard enough. Well besides that rant. These two topics don’t go along together but they go along with conspiracy theories. What are your thoughts? Any feedback would be very helpful! I was assigned a project on conspiracy theories and I picked JFK because I thought that It would be the most interesting because it just blows my mind that a president with all this security gets shot. Is anyone safe in the world? How do we keep safe and keep our families and friends safe when the president with the highest security unit was not able to be saved? Just some thoughts running through my head that I think about during this project. You can connect yourself to a lot of theories and things.

9/11 is this generations JFK.

Just curious why you think that it is this generations JFK? A lot of things have happened in this generation. Being attacked at the World Trade Center is not something I would compare to JFK. Bad things happen in the US and around the world all the time and hopefully they aren't a repeat of history but these two do not seem to compare.

What are your thoughts on the missing planes and conspiracy theories? I don’t think it is possible to just lose a plane because it would leave behind pieces of the plane if it crashed. I know the sharks may eat the people or it could have caught on fire but overall there would be some trace of the plane somewhere. I believe that the planes were high jacked and taken somewhere. Somewhere where our technology is foggy and unable to get an exact location of the coordinates. With our technology these days I find it hard to believe that we can’t find them.

It's rare for planes to just vanish, but it does happen. Over the past 20 years there have been around 20 passenger planes 'lost' for a period of time greater than a few days, and five of them are still missing. Ok two of these are smaller aircraft, a DHC-6 Twin Otter (also lost in the same area as MH 370) and a Beechcraft 65-a10 (lost over the jungles of Guyana) but the others are big planes, an Antonov An-72 cargo plane missing over the south Atlantic and a Boeing 727 last seen over Angola, and of course MH370. NO TRACE at all of any of these planes has yet been found, no wreckage, nothing. Here is a list of all the worlds missing aircraft going back to the earliest days of aviation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aerial_disappearances

Most lost aircraft do however turn up again at some point, although it can take weeks, months or even years to find the wreckage. An extreme case is a BSAA Avro Lancastrian that went missing over the Andes in 1947, and was only found in 1998. More recent cases include Air France 447, which was lost in 2009 over the Atlantic and not found for over two years and Air Asia 8501 lost just before Christmas 2014 and not located for over three weeks, despite the plane going down over one of the worlds busiest air and shipping lanes.

In the case of MH370 all we know is that 1 hour into the flight the plane vanished from civilian radar screens for reasons unknown, it was then tracked by Malaysian military radar for another hour until it flew out of tracking range and has not been seen since. There are any number of reasons why this could happen. Yes hi-jacking is one, but there are a number of accidental scenarios that could also explain what happened, and until the aircraft, or its wreckage is located EVERYTHING is just conjecture.

Now finding the wreckage is the rub, the plane was carrying enough fuel to reach Beijing, plus emergency reserves, giving it around 7-8 hours of possible flying time, and over that period it could have gone a long way. That means searchers have a huge area of the earths surface to cover, even after narrowing the search area down based on last known headings and the possible satellite contact 7 and a half hours into the flight. (when the plane still had about 1 hour of fuel left by official calculations). As most of the possible crash area is over the south Indian and Southern Oceans, most of it well away from air corridors and shipping lanes, in seas many thousands of feet deep it would be very unlikely that any search planes or vessels could locate any wreckage quickly, and the longer the wreckage is unlocated the lesser the chances of anything being found. The plane itself will sink, any floating debris will be dispersed by wind and waves with in hours of the crash, and much of that will soon become waterlogged and also sink, and what little is left, will soon be scattered by wind and ocean currents over thousands and thousands of square miles.

Personally I feel the wreckage will never be found given the circumstances, all we may ever find of MH370 is maybe a life jacket or the like washed up on a beech somewhere. (and even that will be a lucky find)

For some relatives of the victims embracing a conspiracy theory means that they can hold out the hope that the missing are alive somewhere. Sadly this is the kind of thing that get cynically exploited by those who actively promote conspiracy theories.

The families of the 154 Chinese passengers who were on board Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 when it vanished in March 2014 say they believe their loved ones are still alive and being held prisoner.

In a joint statement released yesterday, the families said they offered their forgiveness to whoever is holding the passengers, adding “We believe our loved ones may still be alive and are being held at an undisclosed location for unknown reasons.

“In the absence of proof to the contrary, we believe it is possible the missing may still be alive. If this is so, we would willingly grant to the perpetrators amnesty in return for the release of the missing,” the relatives added.
Content from External Source
http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world...and-being-held-prisoner/ar-AAgupBI?li=AAgfLCP

Back