White Flying Object Over US Navy base in Japan (July 2021)

JMartJr

I note the way it darts upward as it comes to large buildings that would deflect wind upwrds -- my initial impression is wind blown trash, such as a plastic shopping bag. Big giant storm in bg would be a potential source of strong winds.plastic-bag-gettyimages.jpg

LilWabbit

The object being blown around by the wind was the first thing that I also thought. A plastic bag is as good a contender as any. The storm is telling, and would explain some of the faster "spurts". And yet the max speeds of the UFO were not particularly astounding.

Sincerely though, why are people impressed by this type of footage?

JMartJr

Sincerely though, why are people impressed by this type of footage?
I guess if you assume it is bigger and a couple of miles further away, it might be more impressive. I can't make myself see it as anything other than fairly close and small, as it reacts to the airflow around buildings. And of course we're in something of a global flap, so everything is assumed to be a "real" spaceman-bearing UFO.

Last edited:

LilWabbit

I guess if you assume it is bigger and a couple of miles further away, it might be more impressive. I can't make myself see it as anything other than fairly close and small, as it reacts to the airflow around buildings. And of course we're in something of a global flao, so everything is assumed to be a "real" spaceman-bearing UFO.

I was literally expecting a hovering "orb" to appear from some corner at 1:19, only to suddenly speed off into the night. All I saw was a tiny white dot being thrown about by airflow. Hence the pronounced let down. Goes to show how the mind is impacted by sheer choice of words for a video title.

jarlrmai

Orb is an interesting word, it's been in use in paranormal/UFO culture for a while. It's a bit like 'pyramid' that has started being used a lot for triangle shaped objects ever since Corbel's bokeh video, i.e. the use of the word for a 3d shape to describe a 2d effect or an object where the 3 dimensions are not actually visible, it implies structure where often no structure is visible. Come to think of it 'tic-tac' is similar.

Ravi

I think it is a drone. Lots of folks like to film lightning or thunderclouds with their flying toy.

Sophons

I don't think that it is a plastic bag. If we assume that the video was shot on 10th July, the same date the video was uploaded on YouTube and around the same time ~8 PM (GMT+9) and that the person who shot the video was at the location below, then they must have been facing northwest and the wind was blowing from the northeast towards southwest, therefore the object must have flown against the wind. I am not sure of the direction of the wind as well because multiple websites state that it was blowing from east to west but at different angles. I have left a message to the author of the video to clarify if the video was shot and uploaded on the same date.

1626433449919.png

1626432613849.png

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2725989,139.6792469,1576a,35y,326.5h,42.5t/data=!3m1!1e3

1626432493807.png1626432527529.png

1626432882280.png

Attachments

• 1626432531575.png
    1626432531575.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

DavidB66

I don't think that it is a plastic bag. If we assume that the video was shot on 10th July, the same date the video was uploaded on YouTube and around the same time ~8 PM (GMT+9) and that the person who shot the video was at the location below, then they must have been facing northwest and the wind was blowing from the northeast towards southwest, therefore the object must have flown against the wind. I am not sure of the direction of the wind as well because multiple websites state that it was blowing from east to west but at different angles. I have left a message to the author of the video to clarify if the video was shot and uploaded on the same date.

1626433449919.png

1626432613849.png

Could Sophons elaborate on the point about wind direction? I'm not familiar with this weather tool, but if the arrow in the 6th column shows wind direction, then at 20:30, the nearest time to 8 pm, the arrow seems to show the wind blowing from south-east to north-west. By 21:00 (9 pm) the wind has veered sharply and is blowing from north-east to south-west. I'm assuming that the pointy end of the arrow shows the direction towards which the wind is going, not the direction from which it is coming. (Wind terminology can be confusing, as winds are traditionally often named according to the direction from which they come, e.g. 'easterly' meaning 'from the east'.) Either way, if the wind on that day was so changeable, I don't think one can be sure about the direction of the wind when the video was filmed, even if we disregard local variations and turbulence.

JMartJr

I don't think that it is a plastic bag. If we assume that the video was shot on 10th July, the same date the video was uploaded on YouTube and around the same time ~8 PM (GMT+9) and that the person who shot the video was at the location below, then they must have been facing northwest and the wind was blowing from the northeast towards southwest, therefore the object must have flown against the wind. I am not sure of the direction of the wind as well because multiple websites state that it was blowing from east to west but at different angles.
I'd be a bit cautious about assuming overall winds in the area equal the surface winds, especially in an urban environment where wind is being deflected, and turbulence introduced, by ground structures. Similarly, the presence of a large thunderstorm is going to locally override the winds present regionally.

JMartJr

Lots going on around a thunderstorm, wind wise.gust-front-Evolution-thunderstorm-column-thundercloud-air.jpg

That said, a drone is certainly not out of the question. But the way the brightness fluctuates loks to me like it is tumbling, which would be more consistent with windblown trash than a drone.

LorentzHall

For what it's worth, I post what I see trending on UFO social media. I make no claims, I just post them here for identification purposes.

I'll try to use more sensible titles in future.

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
J 10 White "UFO" objects filmed flying over Japan UFOs and Aliens 15
zebra100 Businessman Claims he Saw ‘White Plane Image’ Under Water while Flying from Melbourn Flight MH370 0
J Moving White Dot in Night Sky Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 10
TEEJ Debunked: Claim that Joe Biden's hand passes through microphone during White House press gaggle, 16th March 2021 Election 2020 8
J White dot in top left of Gimbal video UFO Videos and Reports from the US Navy 3
TEEJ Richard Citizen Journalist proves that Biden Rose Garden address was a live event at the White House, 12th March 2021 Election 2020 15
Mick West Solved: MUFON Case 105762 - White Cigar "Following" Plane near Zion Nation Park (United 541) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 9
Mick West "UAP" Causes Lockdown of White House UFOs and Aliens 3
Mick West White Streak & Trail over N. California Dec 19 2018 - Meteor? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West White Hot: The Accuracy of Color Temperature 9/11 8
J Explaining the white smoke from the base of the South Tower 9/11 Conspiracy Theories 13
Justin Shaw New strange drone footage - small white objects moving fast UFOs and Aliens 30
Mick West Russian Claims of a "False Flag" Chemical Weapons Attack in Douma, Syria Current Events 10
ki_cz 13,000 mile white line in Google Earth Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Mick West Black and White Contrail - Above or Below Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 10
M White streaks in photo? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 24
Mick West Debunked: English Young Father Assaulted by Muslim Mob in Baildon, UK [White Youths] General Discussion 12
Bruno D. Debunked: Virginia Journalist Shooter is a White Man Conspiracy Theories 1
Mick West White Dot UFO [Balloon] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 19
Gundersen White paper on "Contrails/cirrus optics and radiation" Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Steve Funk White House Fence Jumper, Omar J. Gonzalez, chemtrail connection? Conspiracy Theories 2
Mick West White, Grey, and Rainbow Colored CRJ-700 Contrail [Likely Intermixed Engine Configuration] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 43
moderateGOP DHS Funds Installation of White Boxes That Can Track Population of Entire City Conspiracy Theories 119
Oxymoron Mystery White Plane Over Whitehouse 9/11 69
FuzzyUK Theodore White - astrological aspects explain punch up in Ukrainian parliament Science and Pseudoscience 21
Mick West Debunked: ‘White Guilt’ Bracelets - Government wants you to wear them? Conspiracy Theories 223
Juror No. 8 Obama kills Osama: What if real reporters were allowed White House press passes? General Discussion 0
Mick West Debunked: Executive Order 13575 - Establishment of the White House Rural Council Conspiracy Theories 214
S Is this really a flying train? [Yes] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
J Tic-tac object flying sideways? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 17
LorentzHall Cruise Ship Captain Reports Silent "Black Jellyfish" Flying In "No Wind, Maybe 5 Knots" Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 56
Mick West Flying Object Timelapse - Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 39
Mick West UFO Billboard in Montana Uses Photo of Identified Flying Object UFOs and Aliens 4
Mick West Illusion of Contrail Asymmetry from Flying perpendicular to the Sun Images and Videos: Contrails, Skies, and Aviation 0
Marine0811 Unknown flying insect or object Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 19
Mick West Sideways Flying UFO Hawk Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Mick West A Plane Flying Across the Face of the Sun, with Contrails [Virgin Flight 353] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Yolo fish Demonstrating the curvature of the Earth by Flying in a "Straight Line" Near the Poles Flat Earth 33
Mick West Explained: Exmouth UFO Flying Saucer - Sunlit Contrail and Motion Blur Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 70
Mick West Four Engines, Flying West over Sacramento Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 6
Trailspotter UFO with navigation lights, Drone or aircraft? [Low Flying FedEx 777] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 14
Provemewrong Explained: Why flying isn't impossible on a globe Flat Earth 106
Mick West Two Large Planes Flying Parallel, Chiloquin, OR. Is it Legal? Yes. Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Mick West Butterfly UFO - Things it Might Be, Like an EDF Flying Wing UFOs and Aliens 17
Critical Thinker Debunked: Monsanto wants to replace the bees they are killing with genetically engineered flying ant General Discussion 5
Eyes_Open Debunked: Angels over Brazil [Hoax] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
ĕrēmīta Low Flyer Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 16
Whitebeard Explained: Colorado Man Photographs Flying Jellyfish-Like ‘Critters’ [Water on Lens, Caustic Bokeh] UFOs and Aliens 17
StratMatt777 The Yellow Tailed DHL 747-8F that went over Redding is flying over WA Contrails and Chemtrails 5
Trailblazer Pair of jets flying in formation? [Two commercial flights] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
Related Articles

Related Articles