Ufo in the sky in „Tagesthemen“

Ulrich

Found that on the internet. It was on the most popular german newscast.

What is that thing in the sky?

It is at 3.43 next to the upper head.

Source: https://youtu.be/pQwqjM1mMOY

edit: looks like it is going through the clouds. that would indicate it’s quite far away.

nevertheless, much nearer and insect would be my first guess.

Last edited:
I don't think it looks like it goes through the clouds. The motion blur looks like it just changes brightness as it blurs with the clouds behind. I'd say insect only a few inches in front of his head.

It looks to me like an insect crawling across the camera lens and the way it appears and disappears makes me wonder if they have something that generally keeps bugs from showing up "on tape" (something to do with focus?) but in this instance it momentarily failed. No idea if such technology exists though.

Maybe write to the news program, highlight the clip, and perhaps one of their camera people will be able to answer you.

Last edited:
I think it's something small, close to the camera, and video compression. Here's the clip, there's a smaller object at the start on the left going in and out of visibility. Maybe falling ash.

And contrast-enhanced zoom. Notice the distortion of the clouds, lots of compressions.

Look at the depth of focus, pretty much arm's length to almost infinity. In order to be out of focus so, it would need to be exceptionally close to the lens, and so pretty tiny. That CoC can't be achieved by anything further than the furthest thing in focus, infinity's just too close.

Wow, I got one right! :D

It looks to me like an insect crawling across the camera lens and the way it appears and disappears makes me wonder if they have something that generally keeps bugs from showing up "on tape"

But fixed in post rather than in real time (makes sense when you know what the answer is).

Last edited:
Back