To save me trolling further

Mike

Is there any bunking item, topic, thing or religion that you guys don't try (and usually fail) to knock down on this website?

Not being negative you understand...just curious about the psychology

Or is it political correctivity?

Or WTF....

The processes which go on here i think are great, well thought out and methodical, mostly..

I'm sure they're going to ask you what topics do you think they've not de-bunked effectively? if you spent some time trying to measure your own 'evidence' like i am trying to do, you'll at-least find huge gaps of understanding on many many issues even if not definitive proof against/for a belief you have. Surely putting up any theory against this process is helpful when arguing through it - the sort of process you should take no matter where you are on the scale of believing/disbelieving whichever theories you believe (or don't). How else when you tell others and they raise the same issues with you, how can you share them effectively?

Is there any bunking item, topic, thing or religion that you guys don't try (and usually fail) to knock down on this website?

Not being negative you understand...just curious about the psychology

Or is it political correctivity?

Or WTF....

Sure, there's hundreds of topics. Most of parapsychology and alternative medicine for example. Or creationism, astrology, atlantis, and many subjects.

There's a good list here, I'd say we've only touched a third of these topics.
http://debunkatron.com/

Debunking is not about the topic per se, it's about the proposed evidence to support that topic. One cannot prove that ghosts don't exist, but one can point out that the evidence is generally not very good, and specifically debunk individual claims of evidence.

Back