There will be widescale rioting after Zimmerman verdict. Debunk, please

Yes. We may safely say my prediction was wrong. It did not jump off as I said it would.

Wait, I think the other Joe is trying to move the goal posts for you.

Why, I don't know, since it wasn't for lack of effort on many sides.

Maybe you forgot to include the X-box dynamic in your theory. Why go out and engage in the risks involved with real violence when a "boxed in" simulation is available? It would be ironic if people blamed violent simulations for violence in the real world if they're actually smothering or preventing it to some extent. But that theory would probably need some work, either way.

....I was wrong about the riots happening in the wake of it, so my prediction is debunked.

Finally, a theory that's been falsified. That usually doesn't happen, which is why people often don't get anywhere with respect to progress in knowledge. Too busy with imagining that their unfalsifiable hypotheses are the equivalent of falsifiable/verifiable theories, I'd imagine.

You seem to have a very derogatory opinion of the general public, like they're too stupid to care about anything that isn't fed to them specifically to create that effect.

There's plenty of evidence to that effect.

There are people, his direct family and community for example, for whom this was a real issue and not some manufactured plot to divert attention.

That's the way it began. But it didn't take off in the corporate media until a PR man that the family hired tried to "feed" the story to some lazy and trendy journalists and the usual suspects in the corporate media. It's unlikely that they would have bought into the story if Martin was clearly a racist thug that had shot Zimmerman or beat him to death.

People usually have their own group dynamics that make them too "stupid" to care about one thing over another, unless perceptions are managed or created with respect to what they should care about and so forth. So who was the PR man? Can it be said that he conspired to "orchestrate" the story becoming a national event by feeding it to the lazy and trendy journalists that tend to typify the corporate media?

If people care enough to comment or put energy in then that's a reflection of their priorities and concerns.

Yes, it usually seems to be a reflection of a group's perceptions, priorities and concerns. But what causes that?

"When a hundred men stand together, each of them loses his mind and gains another." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited:
First can the flowery anthropology talk. The kid was walking in his own neighborhood after buying snacks. He was doing nothing wrong. Versus armed Neighborhood Watch far outstepping its bounds and attempting to follow someone and then do what arrest him?

First can the flowery anthropology talk. The kid was walking in his own neighborhood after buying snacks. He was doing nothing wrong. Versus armed Neighborhood Watch far outstepping its bounds and attempting to follow someone and then do what arrest him?
Sure until he assaulted Zimmerman and continued the beatdown . Assault is a crime weather you agree or not . Apparently you paid not attention to the evidence ?

There is that interpretation and there there is Zimmerman's defense that is largely backed by evidence. He didn't get out of his truck (you can hear it on the recording) until the operator had asked him 3 times just prior "where is he" or "what is he doing" and when he was asked no to follow he turned around. There is a lot of evidence that Zimmerman is not a racist and that given the rash of burglaries in the area Zimmerman had good reason to be suspicious. This doesn't mean I'm saying Trayvon deserved to die, Zimmerman isn't at least partially responsible or that I agree with stand your ground because I don't. I just don't see it the way the media has portrayed it. He called 911/311 many times, on more than just blacks and for more than suspicious people. He called on a 7-9 year old yet I'm supposed to believe he confronted Trayvon? The other thing that stuck out to me the was what Zimmerman said Trayvon said just before he allegedly punched him. Trayvon - "you got a problem" Zimmerman - "no" Trayvon - "you do now" and he was punched. This is exactly what people say, this is what thugs (not calling Trayvon a thug) do. This seems like a highly plausible thing to have happened.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...an-s-history-of-911-calls-a-complete-log.html

The truth is the only one that knows what happened is Zimmerman and unfortunately the evidence backs up his statements. I feel it took two and if everything happened the exact same way, the only difference being Trayvon was a white kid, we would have had a dead white kid and it wouldn't have gotten the attention it should deserve. Once you take the race card out of it IMO it becomes less likely Zimmerman got out to confront and more likely it was a combination of both of their actions.

Again I'm in no way justifying his actions, only that even if I don't like a law I want it to work properly so that when a law I do like is put to use it also works properly.

Last edited:
First can the flowery anthropology talk. The kid was walking in his own neighborhood after buying snacks. He was doing nothing wrong.

Nice story. What's next, he was an "innocent kid" buying skittles for his poor grandma but the "criminal jury" of women let the guy who stalked him down in order to shoot him go?

Anyway, you can't just beat and brutalize somebody even if they really are a racist harassing you. This applies to everyone, equally.

Versus armed Neighborhood Watch far outstepping its bounds and attempting to follow someone and then do what arrest him?

Far out stepping your bounds = beating or brutalizing someone else, even if they really are a "creepy ass cracker."

And when home invasions and stuff like this begins to happen in a neighborhood:

People have a right to defend themselves or even begin to pass local laws and so forth with enabling self-defense in mind. Those that still have a pulse and aren't so lost in a world of tribal imagery promoted by "divide and conquer" national figures* and the corporate media that they'll allow their family, friends or neighbors to be brutalized by thugs and criminals of any type of tribe. Rule of law instead of tribalism. Try it out as a concept or an ideal, people don't always uphold it but it's not as bad as you might think. And if they don't even bother to try upholding some semblance of a rule of law and degenerate into tribalism, things can go to hell due to the emergence of gangs/gangsterism pretty quickly.

*Obama: "If I had a son then he'd look like this kid, except with bigger ears." From which one can conclude what? If it was a 16 year old Arab kid then assassinate them without trial in the name of national or self-defense? At least the Martins had some type of a trial and due process, even if it ultimately didn't go their way.

Last edited:
Trayvon - "you got a problem" Zimmerman - "no" Trayvon - "you do now" and he was punched. This is exactly what people say, this is what thugs (not calling Trayvon a thug) do. This seems like a highly plausible thing to have happened.

Another aspect of the story that seems plausible, the police apparently pretended that there were surveillance cameras in the area that had caught the whole altercation on tape when they were interviewing Zimmerman. His response? "Thank God."

Not that I necessarily trust the police and their reports in many cases but that's another detail that seems to be consistent with all the evidence in this case.

As I understand it police have had to open fire on protests in LA with "non-lethal" munitions. I always got a kick out of that term. As if firing small hokey pucks out of a shotgun were a sure bet that the guy you're blasting in the face will live.

Among its reports, Trayvon Martin’s drug use, explaining how the Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail drink he carried that night are ingredients that, when mixed with dextromethorphan (DXM) cough syrup, create “Lean”, a concocted high which can cause psychosis and aggression over the longer term. According to the autopsy report, Martin’s liver showed damage consistent with DXM abuse.

Among its reports, Trayvon Martin’s drug use, explaining how the Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail drink he carried that night are ingredients that, when mixed with dextromethorphan (DXM) cough syrup, create “Lean”, a concocted high which can cause psychosis and aggression over the longer term. According to the autopsy report, Martin’s liver showed damage consistent with DXM abuse.

What does this have to do with wide-scale rioting after Zimmerman verdict?

Maybe he's suggesting all his mates will be high on cough syrup and aggression so more likely to riot?
I think it's safe to say the window for widespread violence directly correlated to the verdict has passed.

Maybe he's suggesting all his mates will be high on cough syrup and aggression so more likely to riot?
I think it's safe to say the window for widespread violence directly correlated to the verdict has passed.
Yea I would say that after tonight with all the Trayvon rallies in 101 cities if there are no wide scales riots after tonight most likely there wont be .

Back