Software Upgrade

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded the site software. Please let me know if you notice any problems. Or if you have any suggestions or requests.

Does anyone else get the icons vanishing in the "Quick Reply" window, like:

If so, what browser are you using?

Last edited:
no problems...

but the few "thanks" I actually received seemed to have disappeared...

I will try not to take it personally :)

Yes, I was having a problem with the "Thanks" plugin, and accidentally deleted all the thanks a while ago. Sorry!

You'll have to work your way back up :)

I am unable to make a reply with quotes. . .
Editing is extremely slow. . . .

I am unable to make a reply with quotes. . .
Editing is extremely slow. . . .

Reply with quotes seems to work for me....

Try emptying your cache, maybe version conflict.

I am getting a database error though. Looking into it. Might be from cache if you were logged in at upgrade time. Flush your cache and try again.

Bah humbug! It keeps emailing me database errors, but I can't tell what is causing them.

If anyone gets an error PLEASE copy it, and email it to me, and tell me what you were doing at the time.

metabunk@gmail.com

Alright, the database errors are just from the front page articles, like "a guide to debunking". Forums don't seem to be affected.

Why does upgrading make things worse!

Okay, the front page ("CMS") stuff is working again, except I had to go into the database and unlink the comments from the articles. Anyway, hopefully all should be well now.

I just broke the editor for a few minutes just now. Sorry if anyone was affected. I should stop messing with it.

Sometime the forum software pauses when clicking on links. I think it's to do with scheduled tasks being tied to cronimage, and not on an actual schedule. I'm looking into it.

Other problems might be browser based, and people could try using the Basic Editor in Settings, which should be faster and cleaner.

Last edited:
Found I had a cache setting turned off. I turned it back on and the site seems much nippier now!

As before, I'd appreciate a heads up if anyone finds any problems.

The CIA should be paying me more for this!

Test, seeing if the sidebar update works.

.... and it doesn't, well darn, I guess that was why the caching was switched off.

Back to slowness, until I figure it out.

edit .... I've disabled the sidebar blocks caching, but left regular caching on, and it seems to be working, fast yet updating the sidebar correctly.

edit - whew, just accidentally deleted my config file. Thank random chance for backups!

Back