Search Box

Balance

Senior Member.
As usual, I chose the wrong method. Can someone point out my error, or better still, the correct way to get search results I want.

Example, I type Dane Wiginton and tick Search titles only to find the one by Jay but it reports none found. If I leave Search titles only unticked, it brings up a few threads but not the one I want.

I've had similar failures including search for Debunking Humour thread (though I know which sub-forum that's in and can find it manually now)

As usual, I chose the wrong method. Can someone point out my error, or better still, the correct way to get search results I want.

Example, I type Dane Wiginton and tick Search titles only to find the one by Jay but it reports none found. If I leave Search titles only unticked, it brings up a few threads but not the one I want.

I've had similar failures including search for Debunking Humour thread (though I know which sub-forum that's in and can find it manually now)

Have you got the Search this forum only box ticked?

lol I'm not seeing the Search child forums option. :confused:
Ah, I just looked and saw there's two search options. I'm using the box in the right top corner, not the menu link "Search Forums"

ETA: just cliked "Search Forums" menu and brings up the same options as the searchbox (if you click more)

Ah, I just looked and saw there's two search options. I'm using the box in the right top corner, not the menu link "Search Forums"

ETA: just cliked "Search Forums" menu and brings up the same options the searchbox (if you click more)

Hmmm, I'm using the one in the top right corner too.

Start your search while on on the main Forum page. Mark the "Search Titles Only" box.

Or, with the Forums header highlighted. Under it you will see the sub-header "Search Forums" (for a very specific query)

Or you could browse everything using the Google "site search" method to bring up everything on metabunk (not just titles), typed like this:
"dane wigington" site:https://www.metabunk.org

Ahh, just seen, does it depend where you're at in the tree on which options you get. I'm searching from the Forums tab/tree

Never miind, Im just face-palming my typo, thanks everyone I'm going to hide in a corner

Funny. But I have this problem too, as the search here requires exact spelling, and Google has that wonderful way of figuring out what you mean, no matter what you type.

Back