Russia Today..... Trustworthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another example how RT is trying to undermine the US by poisoning the minds of CTs who then become the real false-flaggers from inside their own country.

Poisoning minds or reporting facts that the Mockingbird press don't really report much on and if they do, they do it in a ridiculing manner?

BTW, Can you explain what you mean by "CTs who then become the real false-flaggers"?

Can you show any major U.S TV network going in depth into strange decisions such as releasing known terrorists like bin Laden's brother-in-law Mohammed Khalifa... i.e. going out of their way to expedite such unbelievable 'errors'?

To claim that 9/11 was 'unforeseeable' is preposterous. There were a litany of 'errors' which facilitated it and which without these 'errors', the attacks could not have taken place. But some people would rather put a hand over one eye and theorise it to be a succession of 'coincidences'.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2008/A_possible_A.G._choice_with_911_1111.html

�It�s difficult to express just how many dots the FBI and Justice Department prosecutors could have connected with Khalifa, at the time of his arrest, given the contacts he had,� says Paul Thompson, terrorist researcher and author of The Terror Timeline, who has compiled a database of more than 20,000 open-source al Qaeda-related articles and court pleadings on the non-profit website History Commons.

After serving a search warrant on Khalifa, the Feds found files in his Newton PDA which listed one of his aliases Abu Baraa. That same name had been scrawled inside one of the bomb manuals carried by Mohammed Ajaj, a former al Fatah terrorist who had been convicted earlier in 1994 for the World Trade Center bombing.

Searching Khalifa�s belongings, the FBI and INS discovered Islamic literature tying him to IIRO. Also in the PDA were Wali Khan�s beeper number, and a number in Pakistan that Yousef had used to call Manila. Encrypted phone numbers tied to Khalifa�s NGO were later found on Yousef�s Toshiba laptop, and when Wali Khan was finally arrested, he was found to be carrying multiple numbers for MJK.

Given his links to Yousef�s cells in New York and Manila, Khalifa was the human linchpin who could have ultimately furnished the FBI with proof of Yousef�s second intended attack on the World Trade Center which KSM carried out on �Black Tuesday.�

Philip Wilcox�s letter of just two weeks before, and the certificate revoking MJK�s visa had cited him for �terrorist activity.� But according to Khalifa�s lawyer Marc Van Der Hout, �They dropped that halfway through his bond hearing. Then they [substituted] a charge that hadn�t been used before�enacted in 1990�that a person can be deported if the Secretary of State has reasons to believe the alien�s presence or activities could have potentially serious adverse foreign policy consequences. This is the first time they ever tried to use that statute.�

Christopher�s letter made no mention of Khalifa�s crucial value to the U.S. in its own terror fight. Keep in mind that the FBI found evidence in his PDA linking MJK directly to Ramzi Yousef, the mastermind of the WTC bombing, who was, at that very moment the object of a worldwide manhunt. That discovery alone should far have outweighed Jordan�s desire to punish Khalifa for a series of movie theater bombings.

GORELICK SENDS AN �EXPEDITE� LETTER

Nonetheless, the very next day, Gorelick�serving in Janet Reno�s absence as acting attorney general�sent an �expedite� letter in support of Christopher�s deportation request.

Strangely, Gorelick began the letter by noting that, pursuant to Federal law, "the deportation of an alien in the United States...shall be directed by the Attorney General to a country promptly designated by the alien if that country is willing to accept him into its territory unless the Attorney General in his discretion concludes that deportation to such country would be prejudicial to the interests of the United States(emphasis added).

It�s difficult to fathom how it could have been in the interests of the United States to allow the deportation of Osama bin Laden�s brother-in-law; a man the State Department had just named as �a terrorist.� But Gorelick went on record personally as supporting Christopher�s recommendation, concluding that �should deportation be ordered, deporting Mohammed Khalifah to any country other than Jordan would be prejudicial to the interests of the United States and that he should be deported to Jordan pursuant to Section 243 (a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).�

Rather than keeping him in the U.S. so that he could be debriefed by FBI agents, Gorelick was signing off on a decision first pressed by Christopher who was apparently feeling pressured from the Jordanians to extradite the accused terrorist financier.

CIA PERSONNEL �RIPSHIT� OVER THE DECISION

�I remember people at CIA who were ripshit at the time� over the decision, says Jacob L. Boesen, an Energy Department analyst then working at the CIA�s Counter Terrorism Center. �Not even speaking in retrospect, but contemporaneous with what the intelligence community knew about bin Laden, Khalifa�s deportation was unreal.�

Ironically after his extradition, Khalifa landed in Saudi Arabia where he ran a seafood restaurant in Jeddah for several years. Arrested after 9/11 by the Saudis, he was later freed and openly condemned his billionaire brother-in-law bin Laden � criticism for which he may have paid dearly. On January 31st, 2007 an armed group of some 20 men attacked his house in Madagascar and murdered him; stealing his belongings and any trace that may have remained of his links to the Manila cell behind the 9/11 plot
Content from External Source
More found here
http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/entity.jsp?entity=mohammed_jamal_khalifa
http://rense.com/general25/fb.htm

Despite their claims of having been taken unawares and with complete surprise, top officials in the FBI, CIA, and Bush administration, knew with almost absolute certainty that al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden were planning to launch a major attack on the United States before the end of 2001 and that five-man hijacking teams would commandeer American commercial jetliners and crash them, kamikaze style, into the twin towers of the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Government and Bush administration officials not only knew in advance, they welcomed the attacks, which is why these same officials conspired to sabotage the efforts of FBI field agents who were on the verge of uncovering the 9/11 plot.
But the Mockingbird media was too busy reporting about Taliban and Iraqi involvement in 9/11 and WMD's to worry about such trivia. 'Got to get on with the PNAC plan and invade whilst the iron is hot'.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this isn't the right section for this particular question. But what do you all think about Russia Today as a reputable source of information? So far since it first came around, it seems to have ballooned around stories involving conspiracy theories. And wow, is it ever anti-everyone who isn't russia or a close ally. I also find it kinda funny how this news station completely avoids anything bad coming from the east, in particular russia of course, especially during the time putin was voted in. I haven't done alot of research yet on how the news station came about, but even Al Jazeera did a small bit on how it's state-run propaganda. If this is true, what does this say about all those conspiracy theorists who are guests on a somewhat regular basis, like alex jones and of course, max keiser who actually works directly for them? there is something odd that surrounds this news station, not sure what yet. Any thoughts?

Yes. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

I really feel more and more that Alex Jones is just a publicity hound. I used to wonder if he was a true believer in a cult way. Now I see he's a snake oil salesman.

Im glad I found this topic online. I've also gone from Radio Moscow to early RT to seeing what it is now and I really can't stress enough that I feel if you are turning on your TV or even your computer, you have someone trying to manipulate you in some way or another pretty much all of the time, and that's all i really need to know about RT or any other source of anything whatsoever. Thanks so much for this topic, i am very glad to see that people these days arent automatically just buying everything someone says just because there's apparently lots of trustworthy truth mixed into their message. I view RT like i view CNN and kids cartoons - good for some entertainment but i really gotta be careful to not take it too seriously.

When I see Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura on CNN i get a little bit of vomit sick feeling in me. Now i'm starting to get the same feeling from anything Joe Rogan and RT touch, perhaps i'm being hyperskeptical but give it a couple of years Im pretty certain that we'll start to see all of the max keisers and david ickes true colours soon enough. i just watched a video of Alex Jones chatting with Russell Brandt and they're joking about how they want a spiritual revolution and a unified world and how it sounds so similar to what these NWO guys want. Then watch joe rogan chat with abbey martin about how they want to see a unified human family and its like ok, this is all getting a little creepy, beleive what you want listen to whoever you want but please lets stay alert to the potential bigger pictures here. I'm even starting to doubt this US vs Russia thing and now people are calling me a schizophrenic for even wanting to discuss this as a possibility. Oh well.

Last edited:
... i just watched a video of Alex Jones chatting with Russell Brandt and they're joking about how they want a spiritual revolution and a unified world and how it sounds so similar to what these NWO guys want. Then watch joe rogan chat with abbey martin about how they want to see a unified human family and its like ok, this is all getting a little creepy, beleive what you want listen to whoever you want but please lets stay alert to the potential bigger pictures here. ....

Just curious what the objection to that 'unified human family' would be? Why is that bad and what is the potential bigger picture we need to be alert to?

I'm even starting to doubt this US vs Russia thing and now people are calling me a schizophrenic for even wanting to discuss this as a possibility.
I doubt that too. Everyone's buddies, the intelligentsia are near all communists of one sort or another. It's not an ideological conspiracy, it's just the generally agreed best way to elevate humanity. I do tut when I hear people saying communism is dead, it hasn't even begun yet. Not that RT represents that, to me it's just Moscowite chic, brand positioning.

Is Max Keiser that bad? I think he is uber-smart. I wouldn't put him in the same grouping as the others you mentioned there.

Last edited:
Just curious what the objection to that 'unified human family' would be? Why is that bad and what is the potential bigger picture we need to be alert to?
I think he means communism and it's perceived corollary, an end to individualism, and freedom, as people and as nations.

Last edited:
I doubt that too. Everyone's buddies, the intelligentsia are near all communists of one sort or another. It's not an ideological conspiracy, it's just the generally agreed best way to elevate humanity. I do tut when I hear people saying communism is dead, it hasn't even begun yet.

Is Max Keiser that bad? I think he is uber-smart. I wouldn't put him in the same grouping as the others you mentioned there.

If Max Keiser is the only reason you're paying attention to RT, then that is a good place to start. While he can certainly be a little extreme, his critique of the international financial industry is much needed.

Also, another news source that provides a different perspective from the US mainstream media is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. At least on RT you'll see news related to fracking, Fukushima, Snowden fallout and protests in the Middle East that you can them review against other sources.

I'm all for max keister and joe rogan and whoever else, there's definitely lots of great info coming out of these guys, I'm just trying to point out that these allegedly stated goals of the illuminati plans of 1776 and possibly earlier always talk about abolishing governments and nationalism, unifying all humans on earth into one religion under one supreme global order, there's nothing wrong with any of it I'm really just trying to illustrate that this unfolding/awakening going on now is pretty much exactly what was outlined in blavatskys externalisation of the heirarchy. Good or bad, planned or natural, this unified global pseudo communism or whatever is going on definitely seems to be being promoted by RT and pretty much everyone else on the Internet who claims to be seeking truth or anti nwo etc. Nothing wrong with anything , I'm just hoping that people are aware of this without automatically buying the stuff they're told on the grounds that it appears to be coming from a reasonable source or it's compartmentalised Into such small yet compoundly influential segments and then woops too late global human hell under the post UN boot

Nothing wrong with it just be careful what you worship/suppor please, a lot of people thought hitlers plans for global unified peace were a good idea at some point

Reporters Without Borders publish a world press freedom index on their website.

Russia is now in 148th place out of 179, putting them slightly above Singapore, Iraq, Burma and Gambai. North Korea is in second to last place at 178.
Not sure if a single ranking is the best tool to indicate the state of the press in a country. How much of the media is state controlled, how accurate are the news reports, how dangerous is the work, what legislation is in place that prevents reporting on specific subjects, is the media dominated by commercial interests, is the situation the same for local and foreign journalists?

Safety of journalists seems to be one of the main factors in the ranking:
Journalists in Israel (112th, -20) enjoy real freedom of expression despite the existence of military censorship but the country fell in the index because of the Israeli military’s targeting of journalists in the Palestinian Territories.
In Eastern Europe, Russia (148th, -6) has fallen again because, since Vladimir Putin’s return to the presidency, repression has been stepped up in response to an unprecedented wave of opposition protests. The country also continues to be marked by the unacceptable failure to punish all those who have murdered or attacked journalists.
Tanzania (70th, -36) sank more than 30 places because, in the space of four months, a journalist was killed while covering a demonstration and another was murdered.
The high number of journalists and netizens killed in the course of their work in 2012 (the deadliest year ever registered by Reporters Without Borders in its annual roundup), naturally had an a significant impact on the ranking of the countries where these murders took place, above all Somalia (175th, -11), Syria (176th, 0), Mexico (153rd, -4) and Pakistan (159th, -8).
The UNCHR ruled that criminalisation of libel violates the freedom of expression, but doesn't that work both ways? (and of course the comparison is flawed, I know that. But journalists do choose sides sometimes, the line between actors and observers isn't always clear cut)
The bad legislation seen in 2011 continued, especially in Italy (57th, +4), where defamation has yet to be decriminalized
But Greece’s dramatic fall (84th, -14) is even more disturbing. The social and professional environment for its journalists, who are exposed to public condemnation and violence from both extremist groups and the police, is disastrous.
The kisha club system in Japan where press conference access is limited to those media belonging to the specific club are controlled by the media themselves. And given their long existence one may wonder why Japan still reached 22th place last year.
Japan (53rd, -31) plummeted because of censorship of nuclear industry coverage and its failure to reform the “kisha club” system. This is an alarming fall for a country that usually has a good ranking.
One thing's for sure, lack of press freedom doesn't mean lack of reporting. North Korea (178) gets more press coverage than the top of the list (Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Luxembourg, Andorra, Denmark, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Iceland, Sweden, Estonia, Austria, Jamaica...). Maybe press freedom is just another word for nothing left to report (no disrespect intended) ;)

Last edited:
Another example of RT trying to bring about a global currency, sure they talk alot about 'whistleblowers' and 'the people' waking up, but really who will be bringing about this new system, who will be running it as 'the countries all want to co-operate'..? Very interesting statements she's making given the recent vatican chair of st peter dude at the detroit bankrupcy hearings claiming that all global debts have been erased, while this woman is now on tv saying that all US tax goes to the UK which goes to the vatican

Also I personally find it a little interesting how the presenter keeps trying to put words in the guests mouth.

Not sure if a single ranking is the best tool to indicate the state of the press in a country. How much of the media is state controlled, how accurate are the news reports, how dangerous is the work, what legislation is in place that prevents reporting on specific subjects, is the media dominated by commercial interests, is the situation the same for local and foreign journalists?

The questionnaire used to make the index covers media ownership, censorship and danger to reporters.

In Eastern Europe, Russia (148th, -6) has fallen again because, since Vladimir Putin’s return to the presidency, repression has been stepped up in response to an unprecedented wave of opposition protests. The country also continues to be marked by the unacceptable failure to punish all those who have murdered or attacked journalists.

The prospect of a reporter being beaten or killed would affect the quality and content of what gets reported. I suspect that's why Russia's standing is so low... and keeps falling.

Last edited:
The questionnaire used to make the index covers media ownership, censorship and danger to reporters.
That's my point, by combining those in a single index, you can't tell how a country scores on the individual points.

I noticed that in the full report, one of the reasons for the low rating was "making foreign funding of human rights organizations a crime". Unless I missed something, the only law that was introduced required NGOs to register as foreign funded organisations if that is the case, and they have all refused to do so because the law uses the term "foreign agent". The US has a similar law "foreign agent registration act", a US senator even had to register as a "foreign agent" because he wanted to distribute a Canadian film on acid rain.
Guess I learned one thing, double-check news coming from "reporters without borders"...

That's my point, by combining those in a single index, you can't tell how a country scores on the individual points.

Of course not. It's an index that attempts to measure "freedom of the press". It's meant to give a general overview and not be an accurate representation of the individual parts. According to this index, which takes into account ownership and censorship, press "freedom" in Russia seems to... suck.

RT operates under the purview of a government owned corporation, has been accused of censorship by it's own reporters, and is located in a country where journalistic "freedom" sucks ( ...in general... according to journalists, human rights activists and other granola eating tree hugger types... as measured by an unscientific questionnaire published by Reporters Without Borders).

Unless I missed something, the only law that was introduced required NGOs to register as foreign funded organisations

Which Putin used to effectively impede the monitoring of government activities and which perhaps affected it's RWB press freedom index rating?

Russia Halts Activities of Many Groups From Abroad

By Peter Finn
Washington Post Foreign Service
Friday, October 20, 2006

MOSCOW, Oct. 19 -- Russia on Thursday suspended the activities of Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International, the International Republican Institute and more than 90 other foreign nongovernmental organizations, saying they failed to meet the registration requirements of a controversial new law designed to bring activists here under much closer government scrutiny.
The US senator managed to amend the American Foreign Agents Registration Act by dropping the "foreign propaganda" classification on imported materials. I can only assume that removing the pejorative connotations of having materials labeled as "foreign propaganda" would increase the US press freedom index rating.

Last edited:
I take them with a grain of salt. IMO Russia are not our friends, and I'm not sure how much I can trust a news organization from a country with state run media. It also seems that they have done a pretty good job at promoting conspiracies which I find interesting because I do recall reading somewhere that some of the JFK conspiracy theories were conjured and perpetuated by the KGB.

That was a nice summation of the RT situation.

Perhaps you could provide one that shows just as clearly how "western TV" is "equally propgandised"?

It should be easy enough for the BBC for example....

You've obviously not encountered MediaLens. This is a site that keeps an eye on how stories are reported in Britain. In particular, it looks at the BBC (because it is declared impartial) and at The Guardian/Observer and Independent (because they are seen as left leaning or liberal). The following is a sample of links examining the propaganda passed off as news in Britain. For a thorough examination of the same in the US I'd suggest subscribing to FAIR (it's free, and you'll get an update most days on where bias/propaganda has crept into the official narratives).

http://www.medialens.org/index.php/...i5-and-the-mantra-of-keeping-people-safe.html

http://www.medialens.org/index.php/...port-on-congenital-birth-defects-in-iraq.html

http://www.medialens.org/index.php/alerts/alert-archive/alerts-2013/714-death-of-a-hero.html

http://www.medialens.org/index.php/...i-moment-that-didnt-matter-sp-1796863820.html

I take them with a grain of salt. IMO Russia are not our friends, and I'm not sure how much I can trust a news organization from a country with state run media. It also seems that they have done a pretty good job at promoting conspiracies which I find interesting because I do recall reading somewhere that some of the JFK conspiracy theories were conjured and perpetuated by the KGB.

I live in Finland. Russia are our major economic partners, but never, politically, our friends. We feel the same about the US, who continually work on the right wing here to get Finland into NATO. Yay, what this small country needs is to be a missile base for a foreign war-mongering power, with those missiles aimed at our biggest economic partner.

I would take the reportage on RT as seriously as the reportage on NBC, CBS or ABC. Comparing it Fox is a bit off - it's not that biased, and has at least some foothold in reality. You don't get the Russian equivalent of Hannity or Reilly on there.

I live in Finland. Russia are our major economic partners, but never, politically, our friends. We feel the same about the US, who continually work on the right wing here to get Finland into NATO. Yay, what this small country needs is to be a missile base for a foreign war-mongering power, with those missiles aimed at our biggest economic partner.

I would take the reportage on RT as seriously as the reportage on NBC, CBS or ABC. Comparing it Fox is a bit off - it's not that biased, and has at least some foothold in reality. You don't get the Russian equivalent of Hannity or Reilly on there.

Max Keiser seems a little odd.

"Remember, these bankers in New York are deranged. You know I was talking to several brokers working in the Twin Towers about two weeks prior to 9-11. And some of them had actually heard the rumors of planes into the Twin Towers, and that they were still speculating by buying puts on airline stocks. That's the mentality we're dealing with on the global banking stage right now."
My initial impression is that RT is more biased than Fox News, but also more subtle.

[Edit], well, most of the time:
http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/episode-494-max-keiser-502/
Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert discuss an America that has turned into an old hag raping and murdering herself and the currency spikes that are a sign that someone is banging the close. In the second half, Max talks to David L. Smith of the Geneva Business Insider about refining gold in Switzerland in order to satisfy demand in the Far East and a time in which governments and bankers will get their hands on gold by fair means or foul.

This bit.
"Comparing it Fox is a bit off - it's not that biased, and has at least some foothold in reality. You don't get the Russian equivalent of Hannity or Reilly on there."

ETA.. for comparison...
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/this-wee...-bunny-sex-anti-tea-party-metaphors-and-more/
Fox & Friends Just Asking Questions About House Stenographer
We all saw House stenographer Diane Reidy‘s outburst, right? She hijacked the House Speaker’s mic and ranted and raved about the Holy Spirit, Freemasons, and how America is not “one nation under God.” Seems like she might have been driven over the edge a bit, eh? I mean, she flat-out said the Founding Fathers (many of whom were Freemasons) could not have written the Constitution. Sounds like perhaps she had a screw loose; perhaps not permanently, but was not in her right state of mind at that moment, eh? Well, think again. On Thursday morning, the Fox & Friends hosts read off a series of emails and “concerns” that maybe Reidy wasn’t temporarily off-the-rails. Maybe… she was inhabited by the Holy Spirit Himself! She was simply acting as a vessel for God’s message! One emailer, read un-skeptically, said Reidy being taken in for a mental evaluation constituted anti-Christian discrimination.

BBC 'impartiality' ?

Tony Benn accuses the BBC ON AIR of capitualating to the Israeli Government by refusing to air an appeal for the Gazan people by the Disaster Emergency Commitee (DEC) he then broadcasts the Address himself much to the consternation of the interviewer!

"BBC has capitulated to Israeli pressure"... "If you won't broadcast it, I will"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US...n&v=E21MdXe3BOQ&fulldescription=1&app=desktop

Disaster Emergency Commitee (DEC)
Gaza Crisis
PO BOX 999
LONDON
EC3A 3AA

Disasters Emergency Committee Gaza humanitarian appeal:
Launched by UK charities on 22 January to raise money for Gaza aid relief and reconstruction

Participants: Action Aid, British Red Cross, Cafod, Care International, Christian Aid, Concern Worldwide, Help the Aged, Islamic Relief, Merlin, Oxfam, Save the Children, Tearfund, World Vision

Information on 0370 60 60 900 or at DEC website

In November 2005, BBC Head Mark Thompson traveled with his Jewish wife to Israel,
where he held direct talks with Ariel Sharon, which were intended to let the
BBC 'build bridges with Israel'. Thompsons Wife Jane Blumberg is a Zionist, makes you wonder how easy the decision came to the BBC now right!
Here is the Press TV reporting on the subject.

Last edited:
He does. Not sure how that observation relates to the post you were responding to, but then again I've had quite a few and might be missing something obvious.

As Pete said, I was putting him up as a counterexample to the claim: "you don't get the Russian equivalent of Hannity or Reilly on there." (Or course he's not Russian, but it seem most of the people on RT are not Russian).

Last edited:
As Pete said, I was putting him up as a counterexample to the claim: "you don't get the Russian equivalent of Hannity or Reilly on there." (Or course he's not Russian, but it seem most of the people on RT are not Russian).

Hmm. While Max comes out with some crazy every now and again, he hardly compares to the hate-mongering of the Fox men.

Hmm. While Max comes out with some crazy every now and again, he hardly compares to the hate-mongering of the Fox men.

Yeah, like I said, it's more subtle. Fox is pandering directly to a fearful conservative base who are uninterested in facts and reason. RT seems to be trying to paint the US in a bad light, and Russia in a good light, to a somewhat more intelligent audience. It does this by being largely factual, but with a selective focus and emphasis. But there's also a significant sprinkle of conspiracy theory stuff there - again though done at a bit more intelligent level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)#Objectivity.2C_bias_and_criticism

Last edited:
I'll take your word for it, Mick. To be honest, I don't pay it any attention, nor PressTV. I've listened to Max, though, and the stuff I've heard and read seemed reasonable enough - I'd not come across the stuff you linked to previously. I guess Max chooses his subject matter according to his audience, and the stuff I found interesting was his take on the austerity policies of the Irish government, the IMF and ECB.

I guess my response to original question "Is RT trustworthy" would be "I doubt it, why trust a propaganda tool of Russia."

...pandering directly to a fearful conservative base who are interested in facts and reason. RT seems...
Who *are* interested in facts and reason? Pardon, in earnest I just wanted to clarify.

Edit: If you do change that to "are not" or similar, feel free to delete this post.

Last edited:
Glenn Greenwald put out an interesting piece critiquing all the western media hate for RT when Julian Assange started doing his show there.

"Let’s examine the unstated premises at work here. There is apparently a rule that says it’s perfectly OK for a journalist to work for a media outlet owned and controlled by a weapons manufacturer (GE/NBC/MSNBC), or by the U.S. and British governments (BBC/Stars & Stripes/Voice of America), or by Rupert Murdoch and Saudi Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal (Wall St. Journal/Fox News), or by a banking corporation with long-standing ties to right-wing governments (Politico), or by for-profit corporations whose profits depend upon staying in the good graces of the U.S. government (Kaplan/The Washington Post), or by loyalists to one of the two major political parties (National Review/TPM/countless others), but it’s an intrinsic violation of journalistic integrity to work for a media outlet owned by the Russian government. Where did that rule come from?

Also, while it’s certainly true that the coverage of RT is at times overly deferential to the Russian government, that media outlet never mindlessly disseminated government propaganda to help start a falsehood-fueled devastating war, the way that Alessandra Stanley’s employer [The New York Times] (along with most leading American media outlets) did. When it comes to destruction brought about by uncritical media fealty to government propaganda, RT — as the Russia expert Mark Adomanis documented when American media figures began attacking RT – is far behind virtually all of the corporate employers of its American media critics.

The real cause of American media hostility toward RT is the same as what causes it to hate Assange: the reporting it does reflects poorly on the U.S. Government, the ultimate sin in the eyes of our “adversarial” press corps."

I personally don't watch or read RT, as there are many media outlets out there that have much better critiques of the US and Russia, equally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there's a point there.
I don't really think it's about the 'sin' of shaming the US government though. It's genuinely about whether it's legitimate or not.

A lot of the weight of the criticism does come from the memories of cold-war KGB communist dictatorship Russia, and the fact that the current administration seems to have taken Russia back to that mentality somewhat.
Communist press-control has always been way ahead it's western equivalent.
The impression seems to be that it's a facade based on American-style news to give the impression of being on the same level.
Perhaps if free criticism of their own government can be demonstrated, its case as a trustworthy source can be taken more seriously.
It does seem to predominately run stories that embarrass the west (well that's what all the you-tube links are of), and is of some interest and value in that regard, but it seems to give more credence and air-time to conspiracy theory speculation about American events over bare fact reporting, which is highly dubious and clearly leading.

Maybe it is just based on innocent misunderstanding of America, much the same as western media may demonstrate about other cultures.

I was about to ask the same thing. It reminds me of listening to Mark Levin (for those not in NY, rabid righ wing talk show host), who was talking about "the left": "What do you they WANT???!!! UTOPIA?!?!?!?!?!!!! We can't have that!

Another example of RT trying to bring about a global currency, sure they talk alot about 'whistleblowers' and 'the people' waking up, but really who will be bringing about this new system, who will be running it as 'the countries all want to co-operate'..? Very interesting statements she's making given the recent vatican chair of st peter dude at the detroit bankrupcy hearings claiming that all global debts have been erased, while this woman is now on tv saying that all US tax goes to the UK which goes to the vatican

I'm sorry, RT must be for some special type of mind. I don't know what kind of person would swallow all this. And they complain about CNN? MSNBC?

Max Keiser seems a little odd.

"Remember, these bankers in New York are deranged. You know I was talking to several brokers working in the Twin Towers about two weeks prior to 9-11. And some of them had actually heard the rumors of planes into the Twin Towers, and that they were still speculating by buying puts on airline stocks. That's the mentality we're dealing with on the global banking stage right now."
My initial impression is that RT is more biased than Fox News, but also more subtle.

[Edit], well, most of the time:
http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/episode-494-max-keiser-502/
Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert discuss an America that has turned into an old hag raping and murdering herself and the currency spikes that are a sign that someone is banging the close. In the second half, Max talks to David L. Smith of the Geneva Business Insider about refining gold in Switzerland in order to satisfy demand in the Far East and a time in which governments and bankers will get their hands on gold by fair means or foul.

I didn't want to make anoter post, but he would be a good match for Fox. Alhazred thinks that isn't biased? Has a foothold in reality? *SMH.

While I can sympathise with not wanting to view most US media, why would you go to an admitted Russian Govt propaganda site for a "more rounded view" of anything other than Russian propaganda?:confused:

Why is Russian government propaganda more palatable to you than US media propaganda?
Because truth is often in the middle.

I'm sorry, RT must be for some special type of mind. I don't know what kind of person would swallow all this. And they complain about CNN? MSNBC?
It is difficult to get ANY news that is 100% trustworthy. At least from RT, you can here alternative view points to the west propaganda machine (err, I mean western news media), recognizing that much of it is propaganda. The best propaganda is either a lie that is too big to believe is a lie, or a lie that is close to truth.

It is difficult to get ANY news that is 100% trustworthy. At least from RT, you can here alternative view points to the west propaganda machine (err, I mean western news media), recognizing that much of it is propaganda. The best propaganda is either a lie that is too big to believe is a lie, or a lie that is close to truth.

RT's propaganda is much too big and dramatic for a sane person to believe, IMO. The delivery alone seems to indicate satire. Some of the histrionics are, well histrionic! :)

RT's propaganda is much too big and dramatic for a sane person to believe, IMO. The delivery alone seems to indicate satire. Some of the histrionics are, well histrionic! :)
Same goes with western media, just sayin!

Maybe FOX news as a propaganda machine for the Right Wing would be comparable to the propagandizing that RT is doing for the Kremlin. However if you want to make the claim that the other networks, ABC, CBS, NBC deliberately mislead their viewers in the way that RT or FOX does, go ahead and start a thread with examples that indicate a pattern of intentionally misleading their audience.

http://www.spiegel.de/international...ganda-with-russia-today-channel-a-916162.html

The Ministry of Media Defense

Since 2005, the Russian government has increased the channel's annual budget more than tenfold, from $30 million (€22.6 million) to over $300 million. Russia Today's budget covers the salaries of 2,500 employees and contractors worldwide, 100 in Washington alone. And the channel has no budget cuts to fear now that Putin has issued a decree forbidding his finance minister from taking any such steps.

At the same time, Russia Today also uses a chaotic mixture of conspiracy theories and crude propaganda. On the program "The Truthseeker," the attack on the Boston Marathon, in which two ethnic Chechens killed three people with bombs in April, mutated into a US government conspiracy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back