Richard Citizen Journalist proves that Biden Rose Garden address was a live event at the White House, 12th March 2021

TEEJ

Senior Member.
On the 12th March, 2021 President Biden gave a scheduled live address in the White House Rose Garden on the passage of the American Rescue Plan and vaccination efforts. Also present were Vice President Kamala Harris, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer.

Conspiracy theorist and pro-Trump supporter Richard Citizen Journalist tried to film the Rose Garden from a ledge on a nearby hotel, in order to provide evidence that Biden is not in the White House. The conspiracy theory is that Biden has no access to the White House and that Biden footage being released is from film sets and studios.

His filming location did give him line of sight to the West Wing area of the White House, but the Rose Garden area was obscured by the US Treasury Department building adjacent to the hotel.

WHRC.jpg

rchotel.jpg

streetviewhotelwh.jpg

Direct line of sight of the Rose Garden area was obscured by the US Treasury Department building. All that was visible was the roof of the West Wing/Oval Office. Inset old image of Rose Garden, but still shows the distinctive architecture/windows.

rczoom.jpg

During part of the filming an emergency vehicle with siren blaring was heard and Richard Citizen Journalist wanted to know if that siren could be heard on the televised live stream.

The siren could indeed be heard while Biden was giving his speech proving that of course it was a live event streamed from the White House.

Screen capture from Richard Citizen Journalist just before the emergency vehicle siren can be heard.

bidennoserc.jpg
Video will play from 4:13. The emergency vehicle siren can be heard outside the hotel a few seconds later.

See following video showing the Biden speech live from the Rose Garden, West Wing, White House.
Video will play at 1:11 (Biden nose scratch)

Emergency vehicle siren can be noted progressively getting louder.

The claim now going around on various conspiracy forums/websites is that there was nobody in the Rose Garden as Richard Citizen Journalist couldn't see anybody and that the siren couldn't be heard on the TV.

Of course Richard Citizen Journalist couldn't see into the Rose Garden due to his view being obscured by the US Treasury Department building. All that was visible to him was the West Wing/Oval Office roof.

The siren could obviously be heard on the live TV streamed event.

Full Richard Citizen Journalist video.

Also within the first minute of Biden's speech a construction hammer and an aircraft flying nearby can be heard.

The construction hammer can be heard and pointed out by Richard Citizen Journalist.

Also you can hear an aircraft flying nearby.

Video will play from 3:44. Note the construction hammer and the aircraft.

To attempt to play Devil's Advocate, while I do not believe that President Biden is somehow locked out of the White House, I'm not sure hearing the siren, plane and jack-hammer proves anything. If I were in charge of a vast conspiracy to fool people into thinking that my fake President is in fact giving an address from the Rose Garden, and if I was good at it, I might well think of "I better make sure that any ambient noise does not give me away," and set up a microphone near the White House to catch a live track of such sounds and mix them with the track of my fake President's speech.

If I were in charge of a vast conspiracy to fool people into thinking that my fake President is in fact giving an address from the Rose Garden, and if I was good at it, I might well think of "I better make sure that any ambient noise does not give me away," and set up a microphone near the White House to catch a live track of such sounds and mix them with the track of my fake President's speech.
Zero percent chance, because you couldn't actually execute it.

My wife is a producer for one of the major cable news channels and I've been watching how the news gets made from across our dining room table for the last year. I have a pretty firm understanding of how this stuff works from a practical point of view. There's simply too many recording points, too many different engineers, too many different editors, and too many interservice rivalries to coordinate a faked audio-visual display like that. You'd have to require that all sources use the same edit in a semi-real time manner. There's no practical way to do that.

Couldn't one do it simply by streaming the original street noise to a loudspeaker at the fake setup?
This is starting to get silly. If people have evidence, one way or the other, post it. Please limit speculation.

I'll yield to the authority of a moderator,and move on, but I'm not sure I see what's silly about evaluating the evidence that is presented.

Emergency vehicle siren can be noted progressively getting louder.
i don't hear it all until 1:55. which is fine, because that is when it is loudest at Richard's location. and the siren sounds more "in front of" him. cities are like that with sound.

(i also hear no hammer and really have to strain to hear the plane. from a laymen point of view)

But mostly it likely has to do with the mic (not hearing the first 40 secs of siren). here is Trump talking about a line of 18 wheeler cabs lined up across the ellipse honking. But you barely hear it through the mic which is what the news organizations are streaming to us. the mic.

And there were a lot of trucks. Yes horns aren't as "piercing" as a siren but they had no barriers between them and the Rose Garden. a few random tree trunks but that's all.

Article:
“They're protesting in favor of President Trump,” the president claimed in the Rose Garden on Friday during an announcement about vaccine development. The blaring of truck horns wafted across the Ellipse and into the sun-splashed garden during that event and a ceremony Trump held in the afternoon to recognize good deeds during the coronavirus pandemic.

But the drivers who have lined Constitution Avenue with their big rigs

(and 15th avenue based on Washington monument in photos)
1615840375065.png

Source: https://youtu.be/50s-pCDxx0g?t=32

1615840557095.png

1615840652779.png

Last edited:
Thanks, Deirdre. Your mentioning of the aircraft gave me the idea to match up the aircraft during the Biden speech with Flightradar24. Another indicator that the Rose Garden speech was live.

Biden started his speech at 2:44 PM Eastern Time (1944 GMT/UTC) and ended it 16 mins later at 3:00 PM Eastern Time (2000 GMT/UTC)

An aircraft can be heard from 43 seconds.

JBU1581 EMBRAER E190.jpg

Video plays from 43 seconds.

An aircraft can he heard from 8 minutes and 20 seconds.

RPA4909 EMBRAER 175.jpg

Video plays from 8 minutes and 20 seconds.

An aircraft can be heard from 13 minutes and 20 seconds.

ENY3756 EMBRAER 175.jpg

Video plays from 13 minutes and 20 seconds

An aircraft can be heard from 15 minutes and 35 seconds.

RPA4917 EMBRAER 175.jpg

Video plays from 15 minutes and 35 seconds.

That is quite some work to line up those departures with the video.

You can only really hear airliners when they're between the Jefferson Memorial and the Kennedy Center, from the perspective of someone immediately south of the White House. Before they get to Jefferson, they're too low and too far away to hear. After Kennedy, they've turned away from you and there's buildings breaking up the ability for the sound to travel across open terrain. They're loudest when they're about in line with the Lincoln Memorial, which is about where they all are on your diagrams too.

Once again.... This site is full of people who never cease to amaze me! Within 48 hours, we have people cross checking noises, flightpaths, viewing angles, comparing car horns to sirens, testing the air speed velocities of unladen swallows... you name it.

Well done!!

You can only really hear
since you live near by... i was gonna say regarding that "citizen journalist" claiming he couldnt hear Biden... that if people could hear speeches in the Rose garden, even from 15th street, wouldnt all the reporters not invited to the Rose garden be lined up on 15th street or the street behind the rose garden? To get the scoop? have you ever seen reporters with boom mics on the sidewalks over there during Trumps Rose garden speeches?

You can only really hear airliners when they're between the Jefferson Memorial and the Kennedy Center, from the perspective of someone immediately south of the White House. Before they get to Jefferson, they're too low and too far away to hear. After Kennedy, they've turned away from you and there's buildings breaking up the ability for the sound to travel across open terrain. They're loudest when they're about in line with the Lincoln Memorial, which is about where they all are on your diagrams too.
Thanks, Alexandria. Great info!

Richard Citizen on the 12th March from the same location also filmed Marine One. His view of anyone boarding was obscured.

He makes the claim that there should be decoy helicopters, but that is not always the case. Sometimes the decoys join up much later in flight. This was the case for this flight as two other Sikorsky VH-3D Sea Kings were noted forming up with Marine One for the direct flight to New Castle /Wilmington Airport, Delaware.

The other proof that Biden was onboard was the call sign Marine One. I monitored the Air Traffic Control helicopter frequency for Washington airport. There was no hand over to Joint Base Andrews and therefore was going to be a direct flight to Wilmington.

since you live near by... i was gonna say regarding that "citizen journalist" claiming he couldnt hear Biden... that if people could hear speeches in the Rose garden, even from 15th street, wouldnt all the reporters not invited to the Rose garden be lined up on 15th street or the street behind the rose garden? To get the scoop? have you ever seen reporters with boom mics on the sidewalks over there during Trumps Rose garden speeches?
I've never been near the White House when the President (any of them) have been giving a Rose Garden speech. Part of that is the simple combination of transience of the event combined with them happening while I'm typically at work. I'll try to remember to ask my wife, because she'll know. What I will say is that my instinct is that they would not, from the distances involved and the practical considerations of recording from a distance in an urban area.

Back