Please ID this trail

I finally found the "morse code" trail within the thousands of photos that I mentioned in another thread. Here are three of the pictures (taken Jan 8, 2016 at 11:42 a little east of Sacramento), one showing how the trail was laid out as on, off, on, off, on, off to look like Morse Code to me, one that shows the angle to the earth, 16-01-08 1143 trail-14 dashed trail-13 (12).JPG 16-01-08 1143 trail-14 dashed trail-13 (12).JPG 16-01-08 1143 trail-14 dashed trail-13 (13).JPG 16-01-08 1144 trail-14 dashed trail-13 (19).JPG and one photo that shows the relation to the sun, which seems to help ID it

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so it's in january so it's PST, not PDT, so UTC is +8, so it's 19:42 UTC.

That means it's likely UA1857, climbing out of SFO
20161009-120010-o3d4b.jpg

That altitude is consistent with the type of trail observed. Aerodynamic contrails exhibit that on/off behaviour

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I attached the KML file of the flight. Open it in Google Earth and look from the viewpoint you took the photo. Here it is from the park you mentioned earlier
20161009-121728-c2u3d.jpg

Attachments

• UA1857-886e3e4.kml
    551.1 KB · Views: 592

Trailspotter

Senior Member.
I attached the KML file of the flight. Open it in Google Earth and look from the viewpoint you took the photo. Here it is from the park you mentioned earlier
View attachment 21959
And it did pass near the Sun:
Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 10.52.29.png
A high-altitude westerly wind on the day would soon have carried the trail away and below the Sun as in the OP photo.
The important thing is not the trail position relative the Sun, but the fact that Sun elevation in the sky at the date and time was 30°, and that the trail at its highest point was at about the same elevation, as the @Mick West's identification suggests.

Last edited:
Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
Qulaey Two problems need help debunking and debating tips? please. Flat Earth 9
derwoodii Claim Melania Trump has a double, will the real 1st lady please stand up Conspiracy Theories 11
P Can someone please explain these trails at sunset [Contrails] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 13
N Please help me to debunk this topic: stranges sphere outside of the ISS. General Discussion 18
K Please help me find sources on anthropogenic climate change scientific consensus General Discussion 5
Gary Cook Please tell me these are contrails. Contrails and Chemtrails 60
D Can someone please explain this video of multiple trails? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 28
C Help debunk please!? [Contrail Grids, Weather Modification, Fuel Dumping] Contrails and Chemtrails 18
S Hello can you explain this video please? Contrails and Chemtrails 12
qed Please can ColtCabana share his/her eyewitness testimony Boston Marathon Bombings 76
Alchemist Please Debunk: The Drills (conflicting info from 2 reputable sources) Boston Marathon Bombings 13
Joe Newman There will be widescale rioting after Zimmerman verdict. Debunk, please Conspiracy Theories 256
Mick West Error codes? Double posts Please let me know? Site Feedback & News 1
Z please someone debunk this crap Contrails and Chemtrails 15
BlindIdiots Please Debunk WeatherWar101s "Weather War Big Picture" Video Contrails and Chemtrails 5
newportrojan Can someone please debunk the 'Masonic Hidden Hand' Sign Conspiracy Theories 19
TheCorruptOnes Please Debunk This...NSA Whistle-Blower Tells All General Discussion 11
A Request: Show a spot of specular reflection transforming into a trail of specular reflection Flat Earth 4
Mick West White Streak & Trail over N. California Dec 19 2018 - Meteor? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Mick West Deer Eyes Reflected in Trail Camera UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 9
Marine0811 Bent Trail seen over Greenville, SC [AA 1630] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 2
Trailspotter Where did the third trail go? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 5
386 Small Green Anomaly with Blue Trail (Night Sky Photography) [Lens Flare/Reflection] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 22
Mick West Unusual Trail on the Russian Su-24 shot down By Turkey Contrails and Chemtrails 3
Trailspotter Unusually shaped trail over East Anglia Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 0
Marin B A Single Thick Solitary Trail Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 9
Mick West Unusual Segment of Trail on KLAS-TV, Alamo, Las Vegas Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 4
JFDee Debunked: Sea Creature in New Zealand (Boat Trail on Google Maps) UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 9
C Trail that forms curving shapes Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 21
Marine0811 90 Degree plane trail? Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 77
Marine0811 Plane trail at wings, none at engines? [Aerodynamic contrails, no flaps] Contrails and Chemtrails 4
Mick West Two planes at the "Same" Altitude, only one leaves a trail Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 16
T Debunk: Chemtrails leave no space between aircraft and the beginning of the trail. Contrails and Chemtrails 7
Fix-it-man Nearly Vertical Trail over Garden Grove Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 16
TWCobra ILuyshin-96 oil leak photo (trail from single engine) Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 7
Marsiil KSDK - Chem-Trail Testing Contrails and Chemtrails 2
JFDee Meteorite trail near Chelyabinsk, Russia Contrails and Chemtrails 48
MikeC Meteor trail Contrails and Chemtrails 2
Related Articles

Related Articles