Photo of "Syrian opposition"

only thing i found your link is dated feb 18th 2016 the imgur link says 6 months ago

i'd like to know when picture was taken may help with source

It appears with similar captions on a lot of Middle Eastern websites. The earliest date I have found is February 2015, when it is described as "Iraqi officials".

http://iraqnewspaper.net/ar/عزيمة-لمديرة-عام-بنك-عراقي-نفس-الاكل-ال.html

upload_2016-2-20_14-52-53.png

Then it seems to have spread around Twitter and a lot of blogs with the "Syrian opposition in Istanbul" caption. I am none the wiser, other than that it certainly wasn't taken this year. Annoyingly the Iraq Newspaper website above has no other info other than the caption.

Last edited:
It appears with similar captions on a lot of Middle Eastern websites. The earliest date I have found is February 2015, when it is described as "Iraqi officials".

Then it seems to have spread around Twitter and a lot of blogs with the "Syrian opposition in Istanbul" caption. I am none the wiser, other than that it certainly wasn't taken this year. Annoyingly the Iraq Newspaper website above has no other info other than the caption.

Thanks, I guess it's pretty easy to stick a caption on a picture like that - just pick the group of people you don't like and a vague description of them ... no need to name them or or anything - they look like they could be "syrian opposition" or "iraqi officials" so that's good enough. Probably a wedding party.

Back