Perpetual Satellite

It looks to me like an electric motor, with the stator and power source (probably a battery) hidden within the suspiciously large weight/pawl assembly. The rotor probably has permanent magnets in pockets within the middle gear (saw shaped wheel). The control for the electromagnet in the stator could be something as simple as magnetically operated reed switches, like those in my bicycles odometer. From what I can tell from their YouTube page, they try to educate people about perpetual motion hoaxes by creating machines similar to them and creating videos. This is a pretty clever one.

I don't get the point of the tooth grabber (black part) when its not doing anything.
I think it's just misdirection. There's no reason for a ratchet at all, since it's not going to reverse direction, just due to Newton's second law. It provides a rationale for the large green housing which is described as a weight.

It could be something simple, like a guy under the table cranking the center shaft, but I think they were going for clever. It's like a magic trick, a little misdirection creates extra mystery.

Edit: The ratchet and pawl actually make it less efficient since it dissipates a small amount of energy.

Last edited:
Back