Northeastern US "Power Grid Blackout" Scheduled for 11/13?

Sausalito

Some guy I haven't spoken to in some time just phoned to warn about the upcoming "blackout" that will supposedly be affecting my area this Wednesday. He mentioned a FEMA drill, and that this sort of thing preceded the Boston Marathon incident and some other event that CTs commonly talk about (9/11? I can't remember what he said). I just let him talk, not wanting to offend him with incredulity. Any thoughts on the genesis of this claim?

http://www.nerc.com/pa/CI/CIPOutreach/Pages/GridEX.aspx
The objectives of the NERC Grid Security Exercise (GridEx) series are to exercise the current readiness of participating Electricity Sub-sector entities to respond to a cyber incident and provide input for security program improvements to the bulk power system. GridEx is a biennial international grid security exercise that uses best practices and other contributions from the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Content from External Source
Elements that are spooking people:

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/irs-...drill-this-service-will-be-unavailable_112013
The following message has appeared on at least 50 pages of the IRS.gov web site within the last 48 hours, though the alert is not being displayed on most areas of the site:

Planned Outage: November 9 — November 12, 2013
This service will be unavailable beginning approximately 4:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2013 until approximately 7:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2013, due to a power outage. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Chinese troops in Hawaii:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2013-11/06/c_125656035.htm
The U.S. military Pacific Commander, Samuel Locklear, said here Tuesday that a joint humanitarian assistance and disaster relief exercise to be held this month helps improve the relationship between the United States and China.

Locklear told a news briefing that the Pacific Command's Army component commander in Hawaii has been looking forward to the Nov. 12-14 exercise "for some time," as the Army will host the People's Liberation Army soldiers of China to train together in a field environment, simulating humanitarian assistance and disaster relief to a fictional third country.
The debunked bit about 15,000 Russian troops hasn't helped as it is still flying around the net.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's part of the CT meme that "drills" are indicators of false flag events.

Exercises and drills are vital preparedness tools. It's a very good idea to be ready for emergencies.

There was a similar exercise (GridEx) in November 2011, which seemed to escape notice. This exercise (GridEx II) is a follow-up. Neither exercise involves an actual power cut.

Here's the overview report for GirdEx 2011:
http://www.nerc.com/pa/CI/CIPOutreach/Documents/NERC GridEx AAR 16Mar2012 Final.pdf

It's mostly large organization issues, and inter-entity communication issues.

http://www.nerc.com/pa/CI/CIPOutreach/Pages/GridEX.aspx
The objectives of the NERC Grid Security Exercise (GridEx) series are to exercise the current readiness of participating Electricity Sub-sector entities to respond to a cyber incident and provide input for security program improvements to the bulk power system. GridEx is a biennial international grid security exercise that uses best practices and other contributions from the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology.

More information:

https://www.signup4.net/Public/ap.aspx?EID=GRID13E

This is a simulated exercise to practice crisis response and information sharing. No real power outages will occur due to this exercise

So the planned power outage message on the IRS site is unrelated? Does that mean server maintenance or something?

Modernized e-File (MeF) Scheduled Power Outage (posted 3:00 p.m. Eastern, 10/30/2013)

The IRS plans to conduct its annual Veteran’s Day Power Outage beginning Saturday, November 09, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. and ending on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 7:00 a.m. The MeF System (Production and ATS) will not be available during this time. All times shown in this communication are in Eastern Time Zone.
MeF Production and ATS Downtime
Shutdown will begin on Saturday, November 09, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. and end at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 12, 2013.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Modernized-e-File-(MeF)-Status-Page

CT's always say something like "do your own research"... well, it took like all of ten seconds to find the above info typing with one hand while eating a sandwich. My message to conspiracists is "try doing some research beyond what a toddler is capable of".

CT's always say something like "do your own research"... well, it took like all of ten seconds to find the above info typing with one hand while eating a sandwich. My message to conspiracists is "try doing some research beyond what a toddler is capable of".

Annual Veteran’s Day Power Outage?! Well, of course that's what they want you to believe.

Seriously, take an IRS power outage notice, grid drills, Chinese troops on US soil, all happening on the same dates and you have a conspiracy cocktail given the context, so it's not surprising that some folks are bound to get skittish.

This grid biz is getting a fair amount of play, with the recent attacks in Arkansas and the news that several big companies are leaving the grid because of its vulnerability.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/william...0-without-power-you-should-have-expected-u-s/

http://www.offthegridnews.com/2013/...others-unplugging-from-unreliable-power-grid/

Annual Veteran’s Day Power Outage?! Well, of course that's what they want you to believe.

Seriously, take an IRS power outage notice, grid drills, Chinese troops on US soil, all happening on the same dates and you have a conspiracy cocktail given the context, so it's not surprising that some folks are bound to get skittish.

This grid biz is getting a fair amount of play, with the recent attacks in Arkansas and the news that several big companies are leaving the grid because of its vulnerability.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/william...0-without-power-you-should-have-expected-u-s/

http://www.offthegridnews.com/2013/...others-unplugging-from-unreliable-power-grid/

Yeah, well here's a history of similar notifications on the IRS system for the years 2011, 2012 and 2013. I worked in IT for six years, looks like typical downtime scenarios and schedules for various computer database, server, etc. related stuff. Of course, that's what I wanted my end-users to think... mwahahahaha.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/MeF-Status-Page-Historical-Information-Processing-Year-2013-2012-and-2011

The IRS outage on the 9th, 10th, and 11th (it will be available again the morning of the 12th) are not the same days as the bi-ennial power grid drill on the 13th and 14th while the joint US-China disaster relief drill in Hawaii is on the 12th. In reality NONE OF THOSE EVENTS COINCIDE ON THE SAME DATES. seriously

Why do these fearmongering conspiracists twist the facts, which are so easily verified? What is their agenda?

Last edited:
Yeah, well here's a history of similar notifications on the IRS system for the years 2011, 2012 and 2013. I worked in IT for six years, looks like typical downtime scenarios and schedules for various computer database, server, etc. related stuff. Of course, that's what I wanted my end-users to think... mwahahahaha.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/MeF-Status-Page-Historical-Information-Processing-Year-2013-2012-and-2011

The IRS outage on the 9th, 10th, and 11th (it will be available again the morning of the 12th) are not the same days as the bi-ennial power grid drill on the 13th and 14th while the joint US-China disaster relief drill in Hawaii is on the 12th. In reality NONE OF THOSE EVENTS COINCIDE ON THE SAME DATES. seriously

Why do these fearmongering conspiracists twist the facts, which are so easily verified? What is their agenda?

Like I said, folks are skittish given the larger context. You place these events within the same few day time frame and folks will munge them together. They are not going to quibble because they aren't the exact same dates. There are merging memes and folks are reacting to it. Some folks have a problem with Chinese troops on US soil, especially after the bit about their putting their spy ship off the coast of Hawaii last week or so. The same probably holds true with the 15,000 Russian troop thing that went wild fire out of the bit about Fema and Russia doing joint stuff. FEMA drills and Russians and Chinese, oh my.

Their agenda is they are scared. Regardless of whether they hit all there marks, there's a lot to be scared of, so if they go a little long on the dot connecting it's understandable.

Like I said, folks are skittish given the larger context. You place these events within the same few day time frame and folks will munge them together. They are not going to quibble because they aren't the exact same dates. There are merging memes and folks are reacting to it. Some folks have a problem with Chinese troops on US soil, especially after the bit about their putting their spy ship off the coast of Hawaii last week or so. The same probably holds true with the 15,000 Russian troop thing that went wild fire out of the bit about Fema and Russia doing joint stuff. FEMA drills and Russians and Chinese, oh my.

Their agenda is they are scared. Regardless of whether they hit all there marks, there's a lot to be scared of, so if they go a little long on the dot connecting it's understandable.

What FEMA drills are you talking about? I have seen zero evidence that FEMA is conducting a drill. The power exercise will not disrupt power and FEMA is not conducting this exercise.

Last edited:
Let's see --the cock crows, the sun comes up, it gets warmer outside. So I guess it is the cock's crowing that makes the day warmer. That is what happens when you play 'connect the dots'.

It reminds me of the speculation regarding the Scout Jamboree. People saying something was going to happen, and lots of ridiculous speculation, and then nothing happened.

The website The Daily Sheeple is simply set up to make money by exploiting these kind of fears. It's their business model. Pump up even the smallest rumor, put it next to ads for prepper gear.

I think this really is a case of "nothing to see here". Nothing except fear based marketing.

It reminds me of the speculation regarding the Scout Jamboree. People saying something was going to happen, and lots of ridiculous speculation, and then nothing happened.

The website The Daily Sheeple is simply set up to make money by exploiting these kind of fears. It's their business model. Pump up even the smallest rumor, put it next to ads for prepper gear.

I think this really is a case of "nothing to see here". Nothing except fear based marketing.

I don't think anything is going to happen, either. And I also think there are always going to be folks who will exploit any situation, but that's to be expected. But I also think there's a whole lot of conditioning going on as well. Fear based marketing is hardly limited to sites like Sheeple. It's a common component all over the media and is used as much for things like climate changed as it is for false flaggery and all stops between.

The times are so unstable on so many fronts and there are always going to be ways of exploiting fears, but the fears themselves are not ungrounded even if they are often exaggerated.

Fear based marketing is hardly limited to sites like Sheeple. It's a common component all over the media and is used as much for things like climate changed as it is for false flaggery and all stops between.

Really, can you give some examples of a MSM site that makes up stories about an impending apocalypse to sell stuff like bullets, gold and seed?

Really, can you give some examples of a MSM site that makes up stories about an impending apocalypse to sell stuff like bullets, gold and seed?

No, I can't. That would be pretty stupid marketing since the bullets, gold, and seed crowd has checked out of the msm as far as being a target audience.

No, I can't. That would be pretty stupid marketing since the bullets, gold, and seed crowd has checked out of the msm as far as being a target audience.

How about some examples of the MSM making up stories about an impending apocalypse WITHOUT trying to sell bullets, gold and seeds?

Having had to deal with the last widespread East Coast blackout in 2003, I'm kind of glad they're having these types of drills.

One of the odd things about the US grid is that most of Texas is not linked to it. We have a separate grid here, a legacy of WW II. Several years ago, we had a late season ice storm. Some of our coal fired power plants were down for maintence, others ended up with frozen coal that was hard to use. We were in brown out conditions, until they got permission to access the Mexican power grid. We are linked to it.

Well I guess it didn't happen, but will that make people re-evaluate the trustworthiness or motivations of the sources they get these ideas from, or will they just continue to take whatever they offer next?
Don't people ever get tired of the CT media network being wrong?

Well I guess it didn't happen, but will that make people re-evaluate the trustworthiness or motivations of the sources they get these ideas from, or will they just continue to take whatever they offer next?
Don't people ever get tired of the CT media network being wrong?

Obviously TPTB realised that the awakened were on to them and cancelled the whole operation.

Well, in a few minutes here I have to trot over to the hospital (largest in New England, btw) to collect patient data to review for tomorrow morning. Do you think I should give everyone a heads-up? "Oh, yeah, uh, so like, there's this thing, and uh, FEMA, you know..." They have a backup power source, naturally (imagine the death toll per blizzard if this were not the case!), but surely I'm duty-bound to report this? [cough] ;)

The power companies would never allow the grid to be down for so long. Can you imagine the amount of MONEY they would be LOSING because of that?

What FEMA drills are you talking about? I have seen zero evidence that FEMA is conducting a drill. The power exercise will not disrupt power and FEMA is not conducting this exercise.
I don't know about the particulars of the issue above. Evidence based conclusions are, of course, all one has, and evidence based conclusions are not necessarily factual. Certainly not to an extent where one can state something is not taking place. You were entirely wrong the last time you stated such on this website and you accused me of issuing a 'Gish gallop' in relation to it. Yet in the hindsight of fuller evidence, post event, it was yourself and Cairenn who were proven wrong. Yet this went unacknowledged.

I don't know about the particulars of the issue above. Evidence based conclusions are, of course, all one has, and evidence based conclusions are not necessarily factual. Certainly not to an extent where one can state something is not taking place. You were entirely wrong the last time you stated such on this website and you accused me of issuing a 'Gish gallop' in relation to it. Yet in the hindsight of fuller evidence, post event, it was yourself and Cairenn who were proven wrong. Yet this went unacknowledged.

Why don't you start a thread briefly quoting the original posts (ensuring there are links to original posts), with:

A) Your claim
B) The rebuttals
C) The proof you were actually correct.

Then we can clear that up.

Are you talking about the Boy Scout Jamboree? Where was I proven wrong?

Are you talking about the Boy Scout Jamboree? Where was I proven wrong?
Sorry @Landru, I was on God-Talk on the other channel. Yes, rebuttals etc. I shall attend. Eine moment, bitte. By the way that wasn't a big criticism. I like your style here more than anyone's! A man of your vast computing power, developed over 10 000 years, will have, of course, realised this before I even said it ;)

Last edited:
I'm a bit late to the discussion... This caught my eye.

More information:

https://www.signup4.net/Public/ap.aspx?EID=GRID13E

This is a simulated exercise to practice crisis response and information sharing. No real power outages will occur due to this exercise

That should say, "This is a simulation exercise to practice crisis response ...".
That would make it clear that it is an actual exercise consisting of a simulation.

What would be the point of simulating an exercise to practice crisis response and information sharing?

In case there's an emergency where an actual practise exercise was needed?
A simulated exercise makes it a pretend exercise, not an actual exercise.

My office lost power on friday for a split second does that count? Maybe I should check my vitals for missing time...

Back