More scare-mongering, now about GMOs in beer, from Organics.org

Critical Thinker

Senior Member.
The Organic Consumers Association has been the driving force behind much of the anti-GMO propaganda and the Millions Against Monsanto campaign, which was the predecessor to March Against Monsanto. This time a website called 'organics.org' has issued a list of 8 Beers That You Should Stop Drinking Immediately as well as touting a list of 'approved beers':

List.JPG

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
While this is obviously bunk, the idea here is to debunk things, not just repeat the bunk and marvel at it. Simply reposting bunk in a public forum is like promoting that bunk.

Pete Tar

Senior Member.
I think there was a debunk for this, if I recall when foodbabe was promoting it.
This seems to be the one...

Efftup

Senior Member.
I love the fact the harmful list includes NATURAL INGREDIENTS.
I thought all the bunk about food was supposed to say natural is automatically better than synthetic, whatever it is and even if the two are identical.

Whitebeard

Senior Member.
I prefer organic farmhouse cider anyway, not cos I'm an organic food fan, nor cos I'm tryna avoid GMO, its just that it tastes better and gets you pissed nicely. If you have never tried it, come to the west country and get some straight from the farm, failing that find a pub that pumps Black Rat or Old Rosie.

eline65

I love the fact the harmful list includes NATURAL INGREDIENTS.
I thought all the bunk about food was supposed to say natural is automatically better than synthetic, whatever it is and even if the two are identical.
I think I'll pick me up some organically grown hemlock. That's good for be because it's natural. Right?

jonnyH

Senior Member.
I note the conspicuous absence of alcohol from both the list of "harmful ingredients that are commonly found in beer" and my friday night thus far.

I will be rectifying the latter with a trip to Fanny's, @Whitebeard I'll be giving the Old Rosie a miss though since the aftertaste of rotten apples haunts me for days.

Efftup

Senior Member.
Yeah, Food babe wants to hassle beer companies for using isinglass, and claims it is carcinogenic, and will guzzle wine to the point she gets a hangover (cos she apparently has a great cure).

Thread starter Related Articles Forum Replies Date
H Need Debunking: Hernando County platforms from more than 10 miles Flat Earth 9
Mick West KML Tool For Visualizing Google Earth Cameras, and More Tools for Investigating and Debunking 5
Rory Debunked: The Lunar Cycle affects birth rates Health and Quackery 26
Mick West Explained: A Dozen Or More Southern Valley UFOs UFOs, Aliens, Monsters, and the Paranormal 0
John85 How could the interior collapse in WTC7 Move West Without More Visible Exterior Damage 9/11 63
HoaxEye "The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" Mark Twain Quotes Debunked 4
Clouds Givemethewillies Why do inner contrails spread more than outer contrails? Contrails and Chemtrails 9
Marin B Garrett Graff : "Bungling" is a more likely explanation for government conspiracy theories Conspiracy Theories 7
Mick West Debunked: 1 Hour on this Bike Can Power Your Home For 24 hours [More like 5 minutes] Science and Pseudoscience 18
Leifer 2 more [some holistic] MD’s found dead, total 8 Health and Quackery 19
Efftup more ISS UFO footage Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 13
O More on debunking "no persistent contrails" Contrails and Chemtrails 12
Balance Look-Up "No more lies" campaign Contrails and Chemtrails 79
MikeC World's biggest jet engine about to get bigger, quieter .......and make more contrails Contrails and Chemtrails 6
Rusty Far Eye More information videos here. Contrails and Chemtrails 8
Libertarian Needs Debunking: More Guns = More Crime General Discussion 156
Dylmar Are there more persistent contrails these days? Contrails and Chemtrails 49
Mick West Debunked: High Bypass Turbofans do not make Contrails [actually they make more] Contrails and Chemtrails 150
Chew Debunked: "Fukushima released up to 100,000 times more cesium-137 than Chernobyl or nuclear weapons" Conspiracy Theories 1
Jarmey 657 More Strange lights in the Sky! [Short Sunlit Contrails] Skydentify - What is that Thing in the Sky? 58
jvnk08 "More proof" video - guy dumping powder from bag Boston Marathon Bombings 5
Mick West Boston: Three more detained Boston Marathon Bombings 8
MikeC More analysis of "rainwater" - New Zealand Contrails and Chemtrails 89
Leifer Vaccinated children have up to 500% more disease than unvaccinated Health and Quackery 11
Mick West Debunking: "Is healthy food really more expensive?" Health and Quackery 2
Z seen this one? more chemtrail silliness Contrails and Chemtrails 5
scombrid Debunked: Plumes erupt from New Madrid Seismic Zone =2.9M quake follows. more coming? HAARP 159
MikeC HAARP causing more earthquakes? Conspiracy Theories 18
SR1419 Does more dust equal more contrails? Contrails and Chemtrails 9
TheMindBoggles Max Bliss & David Lim - Genuine concern or fear mongering? Contrails and Chemtrails 1
Related Articles

Related Articles