Mcdonald's chicken nuggets microfied..fibers? + 14yr old burger

Meat is made up of tiny fiber like strands. You would expect to see fibrous looking things when looking at meat under a microscope.
http://www.aps.uoguelph.ca/~swatland/ch5_0.htm

The simplest way to examine individual muscle fibres is to place some meat fragments together with some water in a kitchen blender. After running the blender for a few seconds, the connective tissue holding the muscle fibres together is disrupted to leave a pale red suspension of broken muscle fibres in water. The red colour comes frommyoglobin, a soluble red pigment found inside muscle fibres. The essential features of muscle fibre structure may be observed with an ordinary light microscope if a drop of the macerated muscle suspension is mounted on a microscope slide beneath a cover slip, as shown in the image below where, at the bottom of the frame, is an intact muscle fiber and above it is a smashed fiber with all its fibrils visible.
Content from External Source

Last edited by a moderator:
The chicken nugget fibers (that are not obviously muscle fibers) are probably mostly environment fibers that got in it after it was ripped open. But you can't rule out there being a bit of airborne dust getting into it during the manufacturing process. It's not exactly the highest quality stuff in the world.

But it's just dust. People are not used to looking at dust through a microscope. It looks like lots of really small fibers.

Last edited:
i'll have a read. any opinions on the chicken nugget video would be great though

Well, it's from Mike Adams so there ya go. Things do look strange under magnification to most people who have little or no experience with viewing the fine details at a microscopic level. Of course, that's what Mike Adams is counting on so he can sell more product.

All that's necessary to explain the images in that video are understanding some basic facts; Fibrous tissue is the most common connective tissue in animals and processed foods commonly contain insect parts, rodent hairs, rodent feces and a bunch of other stuff. Knowing that, it's not surprising to see fibers and little dark specks in a chicken mcnugget under magnification.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20013038-10391704.html

http://www.wmtw.com/news/maine/Bug-...food/-/8792012/18514560/-/w1xwj5/-/index.html

The FDA handbook catchily called "Food Defect Action Levels: Levels of Natural or Unavoidable Defects in Foods That Present No Health Hazards for Humans," says that filth is "objectionable matter contributed by insects, rodents, and birds; decomposed material; and miscellaneous matter such as sand, soil, glass, rust, or other foreign substances."

Sounds good enough to eat.

In the booklet, the FDA writes that "it is economically impractical to grow, harvest, or process raw products that are totally free of non-hazardous, naturally occurring, unavoidable defects."
Anything grown outside in the dirt is going to have a certain amount of contamination, even from a home garden it's pretty much unavoidable.

I strongly suspect that if you were to take a steak from even the cleanest looking meat counter, you'd be able to find fibers on it if you looked close enough.

If it's open to the air, and slightly damp, then it will get dust on it. But it's no different to what you breath in every day.

Last edited:
My microbiology class had a field trip to the local FDA lab. We got to see them looking for 'contaminants' in food. When we hear 'bug parts' we see entire heads or legs. When the lab looks, they are seeing extremely tiny, microscopic parts of an insect. A single weevil, that gets ground up in a flour mill will yield hundreds of parts. A tiny piece of a leg, even the 'hairs' on an insect leg.

The average person doesn't really understand what all is in the air and such. Our clothes shed fine fibers all the time, not just in the dryer.

This video is interesting, but there is nothing alien-like in the sample examined. What appears to be omitted by the maker of the video is the fact that Chicken nuggets are made of pieces of chicken (mostly from the breast) which are then dipped into batter and deep fried. The outer crust he zoomed on is nothing but fried-on batter. The colour is consistent with the colour of fried batter, the orange-like colour could be food substance from other items fried in the same deep fryers. The gelatinous-like transparent parts are stabilisers and fats arising from residues of mixtures of frying oil and the batter base. The foreign fibres do appear like atmospheric impurities as have been effectively dealt with by other posters. The inner part is the chicken and I see nothing strange in the chicken apart from the fact that it may not be of the best quality.

Doing some biochemical or microbial or food chemistry test on the sample is more scientific, but then that'll probably not have found anything wrong with the food. But then he would have to predetermine what he is potentially hoping to find and testing for that. What he's done here is purely an organoletic test which depends on the senses of sight, smell, taste and feel and which has its brilliant use in physical quality assurance work but completely inappropriate in analytical or food chemistry use.

Things look very different close up, so it's easy to be surprised by what you see.

It just took this photo of a raspberry.

Not only does it have these weird yellow "antenna" poking out, but the surface is covered by tiny translucent fibers. Invisible to the naked eye.

The microscopic world is strange.

Last edited:
I hate getting strawberry ovaries stuck in my teeth, impossible to get out.

Last edited by a moderator:

http://www.naturalnews.com/041646_Chicken_McNuggets_forensic_food_analysis_strange_fibers.html

(NaturalNews) Today we announce the first investigation conducted at the Natural News Forensic Food Laboratory, the new science-based research branch of Natural News where we put foods under the microscope and find out what's really there.

Earlier today I purchased a 10-piece Chicken McNuggets from a McDonald's restaurant in Austin, Texas. Under carefully controlled conditions, I then examined the Chicken McNuggets under a high-powered digital microscope, expecting to see only processed chicken bits and a fried outer coating.

But what I found instead shocked even me. I've seen a lot of weird stuff in my decade of investigating foods and nutrition, but I never expected to find this...

Update: Natural News has now released a second round of "mysterious fiber" photos of Chicken McNuggets, in addition to the photos you see below.

Strange fibers found embedded inside Chicken McNuggets
As the following photos show, the Chicken McNuggets were found to contain strange fibers that some people might say even resemble so-called "Morgellon's."

We found dark black hair-like structures sticking out of the nugget mass, as well as light blue egg-shaped structures with attached tail-like hairs or fibers.

These are shown in extreme detail in the photos below, taken on August 15, 2013 at the Natural News Forensic Food Lab. The actual Chicken McNugget samples used in these photos have been frozen for storage of forensic evidence.

We also found odd red coloring splotches in several locations, as well as a spherical green object that resembles algae.

We are not claiming or implying that these objects in any way make McDonald's Chicken McNuggets unsafe to consume. We do, however, believe that this visual evidence may warrant an FDA investigation into the ingredient composition of Chicken McNuggets.

In particular, where are the hair-like structures coming from? This is especially important to answer, given that chickens do not have hair. Is there cross-species contamination in the processing of Chicken McNuggets? This question needs to be answered.

Share this story with everyone you know.

See my video at:

Or if YouTube censors the video, watch it at our free-speech video site, TV.naturalnews.com:

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/041646_C...od_analysis_strange_fibers.html#ixzz2cN4rI9Xg

Now the photos they have shown you may look unappetizing, but of course they aren't showing any magnified pictures of other common foods, because I'm sure that they look just as un appetizing.

Here is another video showing what McNuggets are made from. A quick overview: Same stuff hotdogs are made from. :eek:

This is mechanically separated chicken. Chickens are turned into this goop so we can create delicious chicken nuggets and juicy chicken patties. It's obscenely gross and borderline alien but it's not going to stop me from eating nuggets. They're too good.

The process works a little something like this:

There's more: because it's crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

Here is another video showing what McNuggets are made from. A quick overview: Same stuff hotdogs are made from. :eek:

This is mechanically separated chicken. Chickens are turned into this goop so we can create delicious chicken nuggets and juicy chicken patties. It's obscenely gross and borderline alien but it's not going to stop me from eating nuggets. They're too good.

The process works a little something like this:

There's more: because it's crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/pre-chicken-nugget-meat-paste.shtml
However, while many foods do contain mechanically separated poultry, the claim that McDonald's uses such chicken for its chicken nuggets is not true. McDonald's switched to chicken nuggets made with all white meat back in 2003. And, on its US website, McDonald's notes:The only meat used in McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets is chicken breast meat. The white meat is minced before being shaped into nuggets, and then coated with a specially seasoned batter at our trusted suppliers, such as Keystone Foods.As noted above, in the US, food items that use mechanically separated poultry must be labeled as such. McDonald's chicken nuggets are not labelled as "mechanically separated chicken or turkey".

[=youtube]T67DvoH2H3E[/media][/quote]
However, while many foods do contain mechanically separated poultry, the claim that McDonald's uses such chicken for its chicken nuggets is not true. McDonald's switched to chicken nuggets made with all white meat back in 2003. And, on its US website, McDonald's notes:The only meat used in McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets is chicken breast meat. The white meat is minced before being shaped into nuggets, and then coated with a specially seasoned batter at our trusted suppliers, such as Keystone Foods.As noted above, in the US, food items that use mechanically separated poultry must be labeled as such. McDonald's chicken nuggets are not labelled as "mechanically separated chicken or turkey".

I honestly don't know what issue is with MSM. It is usually done with water under pressure. It us using as much of the animal as possible. It I have a carcass it would get booked down for soup or stock and I end up pulling the meat off by hand. Just the same thing.

[=youtube]T67DvoH2H3E[/media]

I honestly don't know what issue is with MSM. It is usually done with water under pressure. It us using as much of the animal as possible. It I have a carcass it would get booked down for soup or stock and I end up pulling the meat off by hand. Just the same thing.
There are dog/cat food companies that use the, our product doesn't contain or doesn't use as much "byproduct meal" in their brands. I find this a bit funny since if a cat or dog say killed a chicken, they would probably eat the byproducts.

Years ago I had a kennel of show/obedience/field Irish Setters. I allowed the sharp talking of a 'new' (to the general market) dog food company convince me that I needed to switch to their premium food that did not have by products in it. It also reduced the feces, which is a big plus when one has a lot of large dogs. The food was a lot more expensive, but it seemed that with reduced amounts needed and such that the price difference was not that bad. So I switched and I proclaimed the 'benefits' of the food to others, even wrote about it in our club newsletter and I had a representative come to a meeting to tout it. A lot of folks switched.

The dogs seemed to do well on it, but after a while, some new behaviors started. First they all seemed to develop a taste for Kleenex, TT and paper towels, used and clean. Then I noticed them starting to eat leaves, grass and even the bedding hay/straw I used in the outdoor houses. All this eating of non edible items started to cause some major digestive issues. After more research, it seemed the problem was a lack of FIBER in their food. A predator's digestive system is designed to handle skin and hair, feathers and such. The expensive food was missing in these. I was considering buying and adding 'wheat shorts' to their diet, when the light bulb came on and instead I switched back to a less pricy brand. I still avoided some things, like soybean meal, because of the possibility that it could be a cause of gastric torsion bloat, a killer in Irish Setters. The change in food, stopped the worse of the 'pica' in my dogs.

I learned a good lesson in this however. What sounds good, may not be good. Look deeper

Hey this is all cool info but I take exception to one point. MSM and the video of pink slime is NOT used by McDonalds to make chicken nuggets. Chicken Nuggets at Mc DONALDS are in fact made with 100% White Meat chicken. The video with the microscope is unfortunately crap and not science its like a 5th grader took his lunch and put it under a scope these people have NO understanding or experience in a LAB that studies food. I would gladly have enjoyed REAL SCIENCE to make a neat study about foods we eat but as has been mentioned before Microscopic stuff does end up in food and most of it is completely harmless and digested whether its bug parts or human hairs or bits of clothing. Not a big deal these boobs take food and go OHHHHH WHATS THIS WHAT COULD IT BE??? ITS ALIEN FOOD ITS CONTAMINATED! And its crap its not worth your time they make no real scientific study. Ever look at your own skin with a magnifying glass? Same thing lol whats that brown spot? Oh its dirt wash your hands already LOL BUT McDonalds chicken is made with 100% white meat the good stuff and processed.

Ingredients: White Boneless Chicken, Water, Food Starch-Modified, Salt, Seasoning (Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Salt, Wheat Starch, Natural Flavoring [Botanical Source], Safflower Oil, Dextrose, Citric Acid), Sodium Phosphates, Natural Flavor (Botanical Source). Battered and Breaded with: Water, Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Yellow Corn Flour, Bleached Wheat Flour, Food Starch-Modified, Salt, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Lactate), Spices, Wheat Starch, Dextrose, Corn Starch.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/product_nutrition.chicken.124.919.chicken-mcnuggets-4-piece.html

FURTHER no BEEF is used and consumed in Hot DOGs or Beef products in the US since 2004 thanks to Mad Cow Disease. Due to FSIS regulations enacted in 2004 to protect consumers against Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, mechanically separated beef is considered inedible and is prohibited for use as human food. It is not permitted in hot dogs or any other processed product.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp#D1IWpKDib2rCtLm1.99

In February 2012, fast food chains McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Burger King announced they would stop using BLBT in their food products. In March 2012, the grocery chains Kroger, Safeway, Supervalu, Bi-Lo, and Winn-Dixie announced they would stop buying BLBT products.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp#D1IWpKDib2rCtLm1.99

Our food is pretty safe now lol.

Even under sterile conditions we find fibers in our cultures. This is a picture of Pseudomonas bacteria with a visible fiber (the black dots are just part of the filter paper). Fibers are ubiquitous, this one likely came from my clothes.
Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 9.41.05 AM.png

It's the microscope problem.

http://archive.org/stream/memoirsofextraor00636gut/ppdel10.txt

Very similar was the conduct of that inquiring Brahmin, which is
related by Forbes in his Oriental Memoirs. The Brahmin had a mind
better cultivated than his fellows; he was smitten with a love for the
knowledge of Europe -- read English books -- pored over the pages of
the Encyclopedia, and profited by various philosophical instruments;
but on religious questions the Brahmin was firm to the faith of his
caste and the doctrine of the Metempsychosis. Lest he might
sacrilegiously devour his progenitors, he abstained from all animal
food; and thinking that he ate nothing which enjoyed life, he
supported himself, like his brethren, upon fruits and vegetables. All
the knowledge that did not run counter to this belief, he sought after
with avidity, and bade fair to become the wisest of his race. In an
evil hour, his English friend and instructor exhibited a very powerful
solar microscope, by means of which he showed him that every drop of
water that he drank teemed with life -- that every fruit was like a
world, covered with innumerable animalculae, each of which was fitted
by its organization for the sphere in which it moved, and had its
wants, and the capability of supplying them as completely as visible
animals millions of times its bulk. The English philosopher expected
that his Hindoo friend would be enraptured at the vast field of
knowledge thus suddenly opened out to him, but he was deceived. The
Brahmin from that time became an altered man -- thoughtful, gloomy,
reserved, and discontented.
He applied repeatedly to his friend that
he would make him a present of the microscope; but as it was the only
one of its kind in India, and the owner set a value upon it for other
reasons, he constantly refused the request, but offered him the loan
of it for any period he might require. But nothing short of an
unconditional gift of the instrument would satisfy the Brahmin, who
became at last so importunate that the patience of the Englishman was
exhausted, and he gave it him. A gleam of joy shot across the
care-worn features of the Hindoo as he clutched it, and bounding with
an exulting leap into the garden, he seized a large stone, and dashed
the instrument into a thousand pieces. When called upon to explain his
extraordinary conduct, he said to his friend, "Oh that I had remained
in that happy state of ignorance wherein you first found me! Yet will
I confess that, as my knowledge increased, so did my pleasure, until I
beheld the last wonders of the microscope; from that moment I have
been tormented by doubt and perplexed by mystery: my mind, overwhelmed
by chaotic confusion, knows not where to rest, nor how to extricate
itself from such a maze. I am miserable, and must continue to be so,
until I enter on another stage of existence. I am a solitary
individual among fifty millions of people, all educated in the same
belief with myself -- all happy in their ignorance!
So may they ever
remain! I shall keep the secret within my own bosom, where it will
corrode my peace and break my rest. But I shall have some satisfaction
in knowing that I alone feel those pangs which, had I not destroyed
the instrument, might have been extensively communicated, and rendered
thousands miserable! Forgive me, my valuable friend! and oh, convey no
more implements of knowledge and destruction!"

So you can take a chicken slice, dice, cube, grind, quarter, half or even whole and fry, bake, boil, grill ,saute, bbq or stir-fry and it comes out white. But puree it, form it into a nugget and cook it in a fast food restaurant and all of a sudden you have to add chemicals/preservatives to make it turn white? o_O

McDonald's put up a video on this.

NPR: Oh, So That's What Goes Into A McDonald's Chicken McNugget

Back