[Hoax] UFOs captured on the HDEV live stream

J

johne1618

Source: https://youtu.be/t4T-1H69FxA

YouTuber: willease

A couple of nights ago, I was watching the "High Definition Earth-Viewing System" live stream, (link below) when I spotted what I assumed was a reflection on the water...until it started moving around erratically.
https://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ESRS/HDEV/

I quickly started recording. By this point, as this video shows, the object is just above the clouds, and appears to be going in and out of a couple of them. Then suddenly a second object appears! Unfortunately, only a few seconds of both objects are in the video capture because the stream was lost...or stopped?

Anyway, I added the background tune simply because I'd rather listen to it, than nothing...and it's my channel.
Night Cave by Kevin MacLeod
Link: https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/song...
License: https://filmmusic.io/standard-license

What are these objects filmed using an HD camera mounted on the International Space Station? The second object appears at 1:39. I watched the video at x2 speed to get a better sense of the extent of the objects’ movement.

Reddit r/UFOs post

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming they are real, and not some tomfoolery added to the NASA feed to create a UFO video: whatever they are, they are tracking along exactly with ISS... which suggests that they are something to do with ISS rather than distant lights skimming the clouds. Judging by the way the twitch about, my money would be on something other than physical objects -- either reflections in the camera at ISS... or the aforementioned tomfoolery.

I possibly have video proof of UFOs and NASA's attempt to cover it up!! Should I tell the media? Naw, I'll put it on my YouTube channel and add some relaxing music to it.

As JMartJr says above, it appears to track with the ISS, even though it moves around some. Seems like some sort of reflection into the lens from something on the ISS?

There are good camera people on this forum, let's see what they say.

Meanwhile, a quick glance at this guys channel shows that he'll post almost any strange light or reflection as a UFO. I'll also note that all of his posts have between ~100 to ~400 views, UNTILL, johne1618 posted his 2 latest posts to MetaBunk, the one above now has 1.2K views and "UFOs from the flight deck over South China Sea" has 19K views.

Meta Bunk may be the best thing that happened to this guys channel! I'd bet a lot of those views are people on here looking at these things over and over again trying to analyze them.

The change of focus makes no sense, unless it's a close object, and the camera's autofocus is seeking.
The occasional wobbles make it look like it's filmed off a reflective surface that has been knocked.
It also just seems to move as if it's hand-held.
Seems more like composited tomfoolery than anything else at the moment.

HOAX

Sorry guys the youtuber willease has admitted it’s a fake concocted from a real MUFON video and some random ISS live feed.

YouTuber: willease

Now that the video has been exposed as a hoax, I thought you might like to know how it was done. But first, I want to apologize to anyone who was offended. I did list it as entertainment because I fully intended to let the cat out of the bag tomorrow. But it took off faster than I expected, and I was too busy at my real job to set the record straight until now.

Step one: Record random ISS live feed. In this case, https://video.ibm.com/recorded/131195743
Step two: Overlay with "UFO" video. In this case, http://www.mufoncms.com/files_jeud833...
Step three: after processing steps 1 and 2 together, adjust brightness.
Step four: Add "Service Interrupted" ending.
Step five: Add background track

Special shout out to Apaiss, who brought the house of cards down in less than a day... https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comment...

Apaiss debunk on Reddit r/UFOs

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/ranj6m/see_how_easy_it_is_to_fool_people_with_iss_ufo/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile, a quick glance at this guys channel shows that he'll post almost any strange light or reflection as a UFO. I'll also note that all of his posts have between ~100 to ~400 views, UNTILL, johne1618 posted his 2 latest posts to MetaBunk, the one above now has 1.2K views and "UFOs from the flight deck over South China Sea" has 19K views.

Meta Bunk may be the best thing that happened to this guys channel! I'd bet a lot of those views are people on here looking at these things over and over again trying to analyze them.

I think his posts on Reddit r/UFOs had more of an effect on his YouTube views than my posts on Metabunk.

Sorry guys the youtuber willease has admitted it’s a fake concocted from a real MUFON video and some random ISS live feed.
Almost everything this guy posts on his channel, he says is a UFO. Now that he got caught faking one, he says "I fully intended to let the cat out of the bag"? Is he going to fess up that the rest of his posts are fake or rubbish or at least probably not UFOs? Did he fake or otherwise alter the "UFO over South China Sea" video? So he's just a troll?

Ah well, this should reminds us that any time somebody presents evidence of UFOs, ghosts, Bigfoots or otherworldly phenomenon, the words "fake" and "hoax" should be in our heads.

I possibly have video proof of UFOs and NASA's attempt to cover it up!! Should I tell the media? Naw, I'll put it on my YouTube channel and add some relaxing music to it.

As JMartJr says above, it appears to track with the ISS, even though it moves around some. Seems like some sort of reflection into the lens from something on the ISS?

There are good camera people on this forum, let's see what they say.

These videos whether hoax or not get lots of attention on YouTube. All creators want the eyeballs on their channel to make money. Certain keywords and sensational headlines and thumbnails draw in viewers and they know how to effectively use the algorithms . Creators mostly don't care what is truth or not. It's all about views and subscribers. Then someone posts it here and we have to go waste time debunking these ridiculous videos. And that also adds to the traffic. So we are mostly helping the creators. Metabunk becomes just another tool along with Reddit and others. Creators will also act like they believe in their own content and argue tooth and nail just to create controversy. Because again, it makes the content relevant in the eyes of Google and YouTube. $$$

These videos whether hoax or not get lots of attention on YouTube. All creators want the eyeballs on their channel to make money.

Though it's always good to remember you probably needs millions and millions of views to earn anything worthwhile.

These videos whether hoax or not get lots of attention on YouTube. All creators want the eyeballs on their channel to make money. Certain keywords and sensational headlines and thumbnails draw in viewers and they know how to effectively use the algorithms . Creators mostly don't care what is truth or not. It's all about views and subscribers. Then someone posts it here and we have to go waste time debunking these ridiculous videos. And that also adds to the traffic. So we are mostly helping the creators. Metabunk becomes just another tool along with Reddit and others. Creators will also act like they believe in their own content and argue tooth and nail just to create controversy. Because again, it makes the content relevant in the eyes of Google and YouTube. $$$
Well said Rocky!

I know there are many here that track what's happening on places like Reddit, I don't have the time or energy. But maybe it would be a good idea to let stuff like this percolate for a day or two first. When checking this YouTube channel the other day, it seemed that the video was posted here within hours of being posted on YouTube. And not long before people on Reddit debunked it.

Well said Rocky!

I know there are many here that track what's happening on places like Reddit, I don't have the time or energy. But maybe it would be a good idea to let stuff like this percolate for a day or two first. When checking this YouTube channel the other day, it seemed that the video was posted here within hours of being posted on YouTube. And not long before people on Reddit debunked it.
EXACTLY! It's all part of a formula or a marketing strategy. I would do the same. Why not try to get more views by posting on popular sites like Metabunk or Reddit.

Back