High Speed Fly-By UFO — Solved!

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUIxKaUYY9g

This one played out mostly on Twitter, but I thought might be of interest to Skydentify members.

An impressive looking video of something streaking past a plane window turns out to be another plane (identified by @flarkey, again)

One interesting aspect of this is that the video owner (it was taken by her daughter) denied with was sped up. However looking at the replay of the ADS-B data in sitrec, it obviously is.

Impressive!
How much work time does this take you, from the identification to the final sitrec view?

One interesting aspect of this is that the video owner (it was taken by her daughter) denied with was sped up. However looking at the replay of the ADS-B data in sitrec, it obviously is.
Curious -- is there any chance there would be a undercrank setting on the camera that might be selected inadvertently?

Curious -- is there any chance there would be a undercrank setting on the camera that might be selected inadvertently?
On the iPhone it's relatively easy to accidentally select timelapse with just two thumb taps. Not an everyday thing, but plausible. Here's me going from Video to Timelapse mode with a shaky hand.

Impressive!
How much work time does this take you, from the identification to the final sitrec view?
Maybe an hour. A bit more here as I had to add code for the different playback speed of the video, and to look in a particular direction. Eventually I hope to have it more streamlined, but currently any new case could some quirk that needs a bit more code. Like I did one (currently embargoed) where there were two target planes, but the code was only set up for one.

Making the short explainer videos takes a couple of hours.

Back