Gettup's Feedback

Gettup

Why was my comment not posted? You guys JUST said how tacky it was for that Dane guy to not post comments that were posted on HIS site, yet, you turn around and do the same exact thing? I posed a serious question dammit, how dare you reject it!

Split off? Well how come it posted earlier but said it was awaiting moderation and would be visible to myself and regular members? It wasn't split off when I posted it. And how come I suddenly find the video I posted yesterday and asked about, posted by someone else who is also a "new" member with only that one post, and its listed as "debunked" but it hasn't been because the poster says "does anybody have any information on this so I can debunk it?" WHY does he assume he can debunk something without even knowing anything about it yet? I find it highly unlikely that there was a new member yesterday who happened to post the same exact video that I did, only has that one posts and immediately says he'll debunk it if someone gives him the info! Wtf kinda ish is that?

Man, i am very discouraged. I thought everybody here was respectable and intelligent. I spent hours reading the comments and felt confident about getting a truthful answer. In my post I gave credit to you all, said I admired your knowledge and expertise and thought my post would've been given serious consideration and then given a well thought out answer that was researched, honest & truthful. Now I feel like you guys are no different from the [conspiracy theorists] that are photoshopping these pictures and hiding comments. I'm sorry, I guess it was wrong of me to assume I would be taken seriously. Thank you for wasting my time. I appreciate that. How professional of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Split off? Well how come it posted earlier but said it was awaiting moderation and would be visible to myself and regular members? It wasn't split off when I posted it. And how come I suddenly find the video I posted yesterday and asked about, posted by someone else who is also a "new" member with only that one post, and its listed as "debunked" but it hasn't been because the poster says "does anybody have any information on this so I can debunk it?" WHY does he assume he can debunk something without even knowing anything about it yet? I find it highly unlikely that there was a new member yesterday who happened to post the same exact video that I did, only has that one posts and immediately says he'll debunk it if someone gives him the info! Wtf kinda ish is that?

You are asking questions that I do not have authoritive answers for, but I would presume that as a new member, your very first post needs to be approved. You posted your original question and while you awaited it to be authorised, it was deemed important or seperate enough from the thread you posted it in. Probably it didn't conform correctly to the posting guidelines? Metabunk works on one claim per thread. Your post was mostly about soil samples in a thread about ballast tanks, hence I would guess one of the moderators moved it into its own, claim specific thread.

The other video from a "new user" you mentioned was actually posted in October 2014, not yesterday. It was discussed there already in that thread. That user has not posted the same video as you, YOU have posted the same video that the other user did 1 and a half years ago.

I think you may be letting a misunderstanding balloon into something that it is not.

Last edited:
Man, i am very discouraged. I thought everybody here was respectable and intelligent. I spent hours reading the comments and felt confident about getting a truthful answer. In my post I gave credit to you all, said I admired your knowledge and expertise and thought my post would've been given serious consideration and then given a well thought out answer that was researched, honest & truthful. Now I feel like you guys are no different from the mo-fo's that are photoshopping these pictures and hiding comments. I'm sorry, I guess it was wrong of me to assume I would be taken seriously. Thank you for wasting my time. I appreciate that. How professional of you.

Auldy gave you a good answer, one that I was about to post myself. Auldy is correct, the first post someone makes is moderated. After that it isn't. I'm sure a mod will read your post and confirm at some point. Why not head over to the split off thread and participate there, if you haven't already.

Man, i am very discouraged. I thought everybody here was respectable and intelligent. I spent hours reading the comments and felt confident about getting a truthful answer. In my post I gave credit to you all, said I admired your knowledge and expertise and thought my post would've been given serious consideration and then given a well thought out answer that was researched, honest & truthful. Now I feel like you guys are no different from the mo-fo's that are photoshopping these pictures and hiding comments. I'm sorry, I guess it was wrong of me to assume I would be taken seriously. Thank you for wasting my time. I appreciate that. How professional of you.

Auldy did give you a good answer.

Sometimes comments do not reflect the existing thread and they are split off into new threads. Your original post wasn't about ballast barrels, so you now have your own topic to talk about.

One of my very first posts was about Aluminum content in the soil. I am very interested in that topic.

https://www.metabunk.org/aluminum-in-the-united-states.t6000/#post-148951

The people here are taking you seriously. Moderators help that process by focusing discussion.

So, let's have that conversation on the new thread.

Okay?

its listed as "debunked" but it hasn't been because the poster says "does anybody have any information on this so I can debunk it?"
When any thread starts it usually will not have the "[Debunked]" bit in the title. That designation is usually added at a later date, by a moderator, once the discussion beneath the OP has put forth enough evidence to debunk the claim.

In the case of the thread in question, it began life as an off topic discussion in yet another thread, and by the time it was cut from that thread and given its own title it had maybe 19 posts already and the OP probably had been largely debunked.

Why was my comment not posted? You guys JUST said how tacky it was for that Dane guy to not post comments that were posted on HIS site, yet, you turn around and do the same exact thing? I posed a serious question dammit, how dare you reject it!
because nothing in your post was about Ballast barrels, just like i told you in the notice. You also had multiple ideas in one post which is against Posting guidelines, so you were moved to Open Discussion. Open Discussion is for discussing multiple aspects of a conspiracy theory.

Ya know, i'm very perturbed. I didn't come here to cause any trouble or stir up shit. I came here with an open mind and I proposed some serious questions that I thought I would get sensible, thought out, truthful answers to. I even praised your knowledge & expertise. But instead, my comments were moderated subsequently, deleted. You're doing the same exact thing that you accused the guy from geoengineeringwatch of doing, deleting YOUR comments! Did you like having that done to you? Didn't it make you wonder WHY he wouldn't post your comments? Why didn't he want them to be seen? Well that's exactly how i feel right now, it completely eliminates your credibility and if you're really about educating ppl who come here in search of the truth, WHY would you sabbotage your credibility like that? I have taken screenshots of the three comments I have posted & none of them were derogatory or bashed you guys or anything! But they aren't displayed here, so WHY is that? Why don't you leave my comment here and answer the question? WHY do you keep deleting them? This moderating comments is BS, a forum should allow ppl to speak freely. The fact that you keep moderating my comments and won't allow them to be posted or seen shows you are trying to suppress something and that is highly questionable behavior. All your actions have done is make me think that chemtrails are a real thing and arent just a conspiracy. When i initially came here i was on the fence about it and you could have easily convinced me that they are just a conspiracy and nothing more, but all you did was make me question your credibility and motives and cause me to lean toward the opposing opinion here, which is that chemtrails really are just that... Chemtrails. I came here searching for the truth and I leave here with the confidence that I have infact found it. Good job guys. Pat yourselves on the back and you should be ashamed of yourselves the way you talk about another site not allowing your comments, yet, you're hypocrtical and do the same exact thing here on your own forum. That is highly suspect behavior. You should allow people to speak their minds, especially when they haven't violated your TOS or done anything that would have caused you to delete their comments. I'm sure this one will get deleted too, but I just wanted to let you guys know just how bad that makes you look. Have a nice day gentlemen.

The fact that you keep moderating my comments and won't allow them to be posted or seen shows you are trying to suppress something and that is highly questionable behavior.

All you have to do is stick to the posting guidelines, and your comments will be approved. I'd very happy to approve any comment that points out any factual inaccuracy here. But you really have to stay on topic.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/

Also your comment WAS posted, it just got moved:
https://www.metabunk.org/gettups-questions-about-chemtrail-theories.t7645/#post-183761

no. just the ones in the thread here above. I'm thinking she doesnt know she has to click the red flags on her "alerts" to see where her comments were moved to (or that people did respond to her questions).
I also sent a pm with a link to where the threads were moved.

Ya know, i'm very perturbed. I didn't come here to cause any trouble or stir up shit. I came here with an open mind and I proposed some serious questions that I thought I would get sensible, thought out, truthful answers to. I even praised your knowledge & expertise. But instead, my comments were moderated subsequently, deleted. You're doing the same exact thing that you accused the guy from geoengineeringwatch of doing, deleting YOUR comments! Did you like having that done to you? Didn't it make you wonder WHY he wouldn't post your comments? Why didn't he want them to be seen? Well that's exactly how i feel right now, it completely eliminates your credibility and if you're really about educating ppl who come here in search of the truth, WHY would you sabbotage your credibility like that? I have taken screenshots of the three comments I have posted & none of them were derogatory or bashed you guys or anything! But they aren't displayed here, so WHY is that? Why don't you leave my comment here and answer the question? WHY do you keep deleting them? This moderating comments is BS, a forum should allow ppl to speak freely. The fact that you keep moderating my comments and won't allow them to be posted or seen shows you are trying to suppress something and that is highly questionable behavior. All your actions have done is make me think that chemtrails are a real thing and arent just a conspiracy. When i initially came here i was on the fence about it and you could have easily convinced me that they are just a conspiracy and nothing more, but all you did was make me question your credibility and motives and cause me to lean toward the opposing opinion here, which is that chemtrails really are just that... Chemtrails. I came here searching for the truth and I leave here with the confidence that I have infact found it. Good job guys. Pat yourselves on the back and you should be ashamed of yourselves the way you talk about another site not allowing your comments, yet, you're hypocrtical and do the same exact thing here on your own forum. That is highly suspect behavior. You should allow people to speak their minds, especially when they haven't violated your TOS or done anything that would have caused you to delete their comments. I'm sure this one will get deleted too, but I just wanted to let you guys know just how bad that makes you look. Have a nice day gentlemen.
One reason we have guidelines is so that people just like you who are on the fence about an issue can see the evidence and come to a conclusion. It's easier to talk about one single claim of evidence than to have multiple different claims all in one thread. That can tend to make things confusing for people who are on the fence.
Everyone else has explained what happened here pretty well, so I'm not going to go in to that, but I'd like to make a few things clear that I've learned in the time I've been here on Metabunk (and I came in to this site not completely opposed to the concept that chemtrails might be in existence!):
First, moderations happen to everyone here. I've been moderated for being off topic, I've had posts edited by mods because I wasn't using polite words, and quite a few of the other regular members have, too--we really do try to make this site a level playing ground for all people and regular members are not immune at all! (they know who they are ;P )
Secondly, we've got a great forum for new members here called the Welcome Forum! It has a pretty cool concept in that brand new members can introduce themselves to the mods and fellow users and it also gets that first post moderator approval business over with! If you're still interested in being here on MB, I'd recommend you check out that forum and introduce yourself. If not, that's cool.
Thirdly, regarding how this is different from Dane Wigington... There's definitely a difference between Dane's website and Metabunk. Dane's website, geoengineeringwatch, is a website solely devoted to arguments on the 'chemtrails are real' side. There's a comment section on that website, and people who so much as question his beliefs have their comments deleted with no discussion. Metabunk is a forum based on rational discussion. We've got some posting guidelines here to make things go a bit smoother. Some of your posts haven't followed those, so they were moved. The real difference here is that we're discussing this with you, listening to what you have to say. Dane doesn't do that at all when he deletes comments, and the kind of comments he deletes are based on the commenter's views, where as on here we moderate comments that don't follow guidelines and are open to discussing it.
We aren't the bad guy here, pinky promise!

Last edited:
and it also gets that first post moderator approval business over with!
her first post was approved. by me. It was moved to Open Discussion in full.

ALL her other posts were approved too. they are here in this thread.

It doesnt matter if it was her first post or her 101st. They still would have been moved because she posted them in the wrong thread.

Your original post and subsequent comments are right here:

https://www.metabunk.org/gettups-questions-about-chemtrail-theories.t7645/#post-183759

I see that a number of people have already started to engage the substance of what you introduced. Take a look at the comments and join in the conversation.

As far as your statements in #10, Metabunk does have posting guidelines. tinker tailor is right, we are all subject to basic rules. I have had my own comments shipped off to the "Rambles" part of the site for good reasons.

Having posting guidelines and subjecting people to blanket censorship are two very different things, and I hope that you know better. Metabunk is not at all like geoengineeringwatch.org

So, why don't you engage some of the chemtrail questions that you started with or, alternatively, start a new, focused thread on chemtrails that follows the posting guidelines? I am sure that anyone, including me, would be glad to help you with that. I'll check my inbox.

Cheers

Hello everyone,

I would first like to apologize for my wrong assumption that my comments were being deleted. I would also like to apologize for not reading the posting guidelines before posting, I was new in forum posting in general at the time & the only other forum i had posted on before was a legal advice forum and I don't believe I read the posting guidelines for that forum either, simply because I didn't realize there were any, even if the instructions during the sign up process urges new forum members to do so, I most likely didn't see it or wasn't paying attention due to a condition I was disgnosed for, ADHD, which causes sufferers of this condition to be inattentive to verbal and/or written instructions/situations because our minds process information at very rapid speeds (hyperactivity) which simultaneously causes a degree of impulsivity. I have since sought treatment for this condition and take medication for it so it's symptoms are now under control but at the time of the posting of my comments, was not taking an effective medication for the disorder. I am in no way attempting to dodge responsibility for my impulsive behavior at the time, because I am acknowledging it now and apologizing for it.

I was so perturbed at the time that I didn't bother reading any of your guys' explanations here and was so frustrated that I just left the site/forum and haven't been back since.

Another subject directed me back here today, but at first I didn't recognize this site as being the same site as the Chemtrail thread I had posted my comments in until I reached Mitch's post debunking the OP's claims (a CNN broadcast being accused of fakery) that I recognized his profile pic and realized this was the same site I had believed at the time to be censoring/deleting my comments and since I couldn't remember what my username was on this site, i clicked on the forgot password option and typed in my email address but saw what my username was and therefore didn't reset my password because I remembered it once I saw my username, so I logged in with these credentials and saw I had two unread inbox messages which I have since calmed down over all of this and was able to click on them and read them in a different state of mind and address them appropriately and I just want to thank all of you who took the time to explain this process to me without attacking me and actually being very nice and helpful, which was different from my perception at the time I believed my comments were being censored and/or deleted and I apologize for not reading them back then and instead just exited the site without reading anyones input or explanation on what had occured and just left with the impression that this site had no integrity who opinions were biased and deleted any comments that they felt challenged the information they were presenting if the comments were compelling and on the contrary. Please forgive me for being so shallow and for making such assumptions and please accept my apology.

I am glad that I was given an opportunity all this time later to be brought back to this forum for another reason, in a completely different mindset due to effective medication where I was able to read your explanations and come to the conclusion that what I believed was happening at the time was infact false. I am grateful for being given this opportunity to clear things up, to understand what had really taken place, and to apologize for my preconceived notions and assumptions, to thank you for explaining what had ocurred and most importantly, to learn the truth about what had actually happened to my comments that day.

I will now read the posting guidelines so that I can post any comments or new threads according to the sites terms and conditions from this day forward. Again, I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding on my part and I sincerely thank you for your efforts that day in seeting the record straight and clarifying to me what had actually ocurred and I apologize for my close-mindedness in not reading your explanations that day and instead left the site with a negative impression of the site. However, no matter how negative my impression was, I did not bad mouth the site to anyone I know, on or offline. I simply kept my opinion to myself and just moved on. I hope all of you will accept my apology.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Gina (Gettup)

This is genuinely really refreshing, @Gettup . It isn't often we get someone who is this honest and respectful after a misunderstanding. Like others have said, welcome back! :)

Back