Debunked: Two Disinfo Sites Run by 'Just Some Guy - Mick West

Mick West

Administrator
Staff member
I have a few corrections to make to the following article. I'll also attempt to post it as a comment to the original post.

http://beforeitsnews.com/chemtrails...es-run-by-just-one-guy-mick-west-2430014.html

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:34

By
Hsaive

Mick West claims to be just "some guy" who hosts two websites that claim to use science to debunk what he calls the "pseudoscience" of covert aerosol geoengineering (aka chemtrails). West admits he's not a scientist or meteorologist but is working on his private pilot license out of Santa Monica airport in California.

His Youtube Channel is EPOXYNOUS.

The posts on ContrailScience are a mixture of fact-based and biased information with enough good content to lead the gullible down the wrong path.

West's darker motives are revealed he doesn't hesitate to insult anyone who disagrees with him. He claims Michael Murphy is dishonest and goes so far as to misrepresent Murphy's statements to support his bias. Instead of challenging the scientific merit of issues, West prefers character assasination and inuendo

The Metabunk forum is a watering hole for hardened deniers, educationally challenged, gullible and disinfo agents who spend too much time at attempting to debunk supportable evidence to suspect they're not on some payroll.
With the September approach of Michael Murphy's documentary "Why In The World Are They Sprayiing" the disinfo trolls seem to be out in full, preemptive force.

Personal attacks against those who post evidence in support of covert geoengineering is a strong clue.

Protesting Too Much?: It's not rational that someone who didn't know or care that chemtrails was a "real" issue would adopt a hostile and ad hominem posting style and resort to verbal abuse and insults to beat down a theory they think doesn't exist.

Based on long experience, I calculate there's a network of deniers and disinfo trolls who are actively engaged in interfering with a story that reveals a mammoth and global covert weather manipulation project in plane sight.

While it's not certain that Mr. West is acting as a deliberate disinfo agent, his websites serves as a safe house for the gullibible and manipulative.
Content from External Source
I do hesitate very much to insult anyone who disagrees with me. In fact I have a fairly strict politeness policy. It's true that I have described Michael Murphy as dishonest, but this is based on repeated attempts by myself and other to correct errors in his film and his statements, and him simply ignoring this, and continuing to repeat the falsehoods. I think Michael Murphy is a nice guy who made his original films in good faith, but I think his continuing to say things that have since been shown to be false is essentially dishonest - simply because no correction has been offered.

I would very much like to discuss the scientific merits of issues, and I have done this at great length in numerous posts and discussions. I invite anyone to point out any error in any of my posts, and I will immediately fix that error. If I have misrepresented statements, then please explain where I have done this, and I will issue an apology and retraction.

I am not on any payroll. I do this as a hobby, and like many hobbies I spend more time on it than on other things.

Last edited:
I saw that one - the author is local to me in Gainesville. It's notable that he complains about alleged "hostile and ad hominem" attacks, while that article consists of very little else.

I applaud the civil tone that I've seen you maintain. I haven't seen you censoring or banning chemtrails believers here, which is very different from the way their sites are run. I was very quickly banned when I tried to post about the empirical evidence (or lack thereof) for chemtrails on the Global Sky Watch forum (I reposted what I wrote on Newsvine).

I've been finding contrailscience.com to be an extremely useful resource, and this forum (which I just found a short time ago) looks excellent. So, thanks!

It's quite amazing that they should tear into you for character assassinations, use of innuendo and personal attacks.....with an attempted character assassination and personal attack full of innuendo!

The posts on ContrailScience are a mixture of fact-based and biased information with enough good content to lead the gullible down the wrong path.

West's darker motives are revealed he doesn't hesitate to insult anyone who disagrees with him. He claims Michael Murphy is dishonest and goes so far as to misrepresent Murphy's statements to support his bias. Instead of challenging the scientific merit of issues, West prefers character assasination and inuendo

The Metabunk forum is a watering hole for hardened deniers, educationally challenged, gullible and disinfo agents who spend too much time at attempting to debunk supportable evidence to suspect they're not on some payroll.

With the September approach of Michael Murphy's documentary "Why In The World Are They Sprayiing" the disinfo trolls seem to be out in full, preemptive force.

Correction: Leading people down the right path. And to the guy who wrote that article - thanks for sending the "gullible" our way.

Last edited by a moderator:
really? this is a fairly transparent exercise, isn't it?

writing an obviously incorrect article, specifically attacking people with the peer-reviewed scientific fact disproving the conspiracy theory that his site's advertisers get rich from?

the death-throws of a failing hoax in place of journalism.

The author ought to find his way over here and discuss the errors he alludes to at contrailscience/metabunk. I've never known this crowd to be rude to anybody.

Not one word of that article was true.

Basically the same old stance that anyone who points out the glaring errors in their beliefs, MUST work for the Govt/be on payroll/deliberate disinfo agent/blah, blah...

All they added this time is a personal attack on Mick and a name calling flurry on the many varied members on metabunk.

I do hesitate very much to insult anyone who disagrees with me. In fact I have a fairly strict politeness policy.

Jeez Mick. I didn't know you were so famous, or that you had a Chemtrail website. :cool:

I'm a Conspiracy Theorist, but during the very short time I have been on this forum I have been impressed by your politeness and well-reasoned arguments.

Funny thing is, to a REAL Conspiracy Theorist like me, sites like http://beforeitsnews.com are disinfo operations designed to perpetuate fear and drive people toward the controlled political process which the international mega-corporations are using to establish a world totalitarian government.

Well said, Charlie. Ironically, when I look at Before Its News, it sort of reminds me of the Ministry of Truth in George Orwell's 1984.

Here's what i find interesting...

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1818708/pg3

ContrailScience.com is just a place where I write about both contrails and science – which also includes some looking at the “chemtrail” theory, and the pseudoscience associated with it.

My name is Mick West, I have private pilot training up to long distance solo certification, and have flown a 150 mile solo flight. I’ve been training out of Santa Monica airport, so I know the airspace round here. I like writing, and figuring things out. I’ve been writing about contrails and the “chemtrail” theory since 2007.

I’m not a scientist, or a meteorologist, but I try to ensure that what I post is comprised of independently verifiable facts. You can check these facts yourself. If you find ANY error on this site, then let me know and I will issue a correction immediately.

I’m not paid for this. I do not work for anyone in conjunction with this site. I’m just some guy.

[link to contrailscience.com]

Now, to break things down:

The whois for the contrail debunking domain name says:

Creation date: 09 May 2007 18:29:00
Expiration date: 09 May 2017 18:29:00

The owners of the contrail website must have some money for -what appears to be a 10-year domain name registration. They were clearly committed from the very beginning that their website would be up and active for a very long time and were willing to put some money up front to make sure.

We have to ask ourselves, why does this person have such a strangely-deep interest in debunking chemtrails?

Also:

The owner of contrailscience also owns metabunk and apparently posts under psudonames such as "Thor". Some people on [link to AirCrap.org] have this to say:

I think we should ban Thor from posting here. Or at least ignore him totally…
We know what he is. And he knows it too!

He is mostly referring to (his own) websites “metabunk.org” and “contrailscience.com” which are clearly not thrustworthy and are both coming from the same server.

Spend your time wisely; do not fall into the THOR-TRAP!

Additionally...

Now, yet another website with the same debunking disinformation: mickwest.com

Domain name: mickwest.com

Registrant Contact:
WhoisGuard
WhoisGuard Protected ()

Fax:
11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90064
US

Administrative Contact:
WhoisGuard
WhoisGuard Protected (bd21305b42404b1ebfb63d745084e7af.protect@whoisguard.com)
+1.6613102107
Fax: +1.6613102107
11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90064
US

The point is: The metabunk website purportedly controlled by the same group that controls the contrailscience website also uses the most expensive bulletin board software available... An awful lot of money has gone into this array of debunking websites, for it to simply be "some guy".

So the suspicious bit is that I renewed ContrailScience.com for ten years, and that I use vBulletin, which I had to pay for.

I did the first to save money, I think it was actually a five year renewal when I moved from GoDaddy, they were having a special.

I use vBulletin because that's what I'm used to, and since time is money, that also essentially saved me money. But these are not huge sums of money were are talking about. If the illuminati are spending trillions on geoengineering the planet, then why exactly is it suspicious that I spent $200?

There's no secret as to who I am. I have no secrets.

But I don't suppose you can actually find anything wrong on the web sites? Anything actually incorrect you can point out?

So the suspicious bit is that I renewed ContrailScience.com for ten years, and that I use vBulletin, which I had to pay for.

I did the first to save money, I think it was actually a five year renewal when I moved from GoDaddy, they were having a special.

I use vBulletin because that's what I'm used to, and since time is money, that also essentially saved me money. But these are not huge sums of money were are talking about. If the illuminati are spending trillions on geoengineering the planet, then why exactly is it suspicious that I spent $200?

There's no secret as to who I am. I have no secrets.

But I don't suppose you can actually find anything wrong on the web sites? Anything actually incorrect you can point out?

It's not about what is "wrong" ...

This whole site (contrailscience) runs on the premise that because “contrails” exist, any type of “chemtrail” is impossible.. sorry but that is just bullshit.

This whole site (contrailscience) runs on the premise that because “contrails” exist, any type of “chemtrail” is impossible.. sorry but that is just bullshit.

That's not the premise at all. Obviously some type of "chemtrails" are possible.

You've got it a bit mixed up. It's the chemtrails believers who base their idea largely on the premise that contrails can't persist, and therefore anything that looks like a persistent contrail is actually a "chemtrail". Contrailscience.com does explain why that initial premise is false, and also corrects a lot of other false information promoted by chemtrails believers.

No one says that chemtrails are impossible, but rather that there is no evidence that they do exist. Unless you'd like to bring some up?

You've got it a bit mixed up. It's the chemtrails believers who base their idea largely on the premise that contrails can't persist, and therefore anything that looks like a persistent contrail is actually a "chemtrail". Contrailscience.com does explain why that initial premise is false, and also corrects a lot of other false information promoted by chemtrails believers.

No one says that chemtrails are impossible, but rather that there is no evidence that they do exist. Unless you'd like to bring some up?

Thread: Particulate crimes: Chemtrails

I consider Mick to be more tolerant than average. This is a good quality. As for fair, that is a matter of opinion. What people think of as fair, varies widely.
I don't think his decisions are always so fair in my opinion, but you cannot please everyone all of the time. I respect him more than many other moderators of many other forums. I still think I would do a better job though hehehehe... but that is natural. Everyone thinks they are a good driver too! Few people actually are.

I don't want to disapprove of everything you do here, so here is a well deserved compliment for you which should be a nice change from me always disagreeing with you. Good job Mick. Your moderating skills are well above average by my standards, and that is respectable. Politeness is easy for me to maintain usually, but I know I am annoying and stubborn. That is what makes me difficult to deal with. Thanks for tolerating that.

After questioning a link to this piece earlier, a conversation on Twitter ensued in which a user told me that ' a close friend of his (Micks)', which they defined as somebody who is connected to Mick on Facebook, confirmed that he is indeed a paid shill.

Absolutely would not produce any evidence of this correspondence, or the identity of the accuser, and deleted the tweet that said it happened after about 20 minutes, which is a shame because I was in the process of linking it in a thread here.

You should get yourself a screen capture program (if you don't have one already). I've found them useful. A picture is worth a thousand words and all that...

I have also been banned from Chemtrails Global Skywatch, in fact I have to sign on to FB with another account just to READ it, I was totally blocked. You have a great website, calm conversations full of facts, which is the complete opposite of 99% of the chemtrail sites or message boards.

Speaking of Harold Saive, I made some comments on his YouTube videos and was promptly attacked by him personally.

You should get yourself a screen capture program (if you don't have one already). I've found them useful. A picture is worth a thousand words and all that...

Yeah, I agree. I think they realised the claim was potentially risky, very defensive when I pointed out they'd clearly just deleted it after trying to change the subject.

After questioning a link to this piece earlier, a conversation on Twitter ensued in which a user told me that ' a close friend of his (Micks)', which they defined as somebody who is connected to Mick on Facebook, confirmed that he is indeed a paid shill.

Absolutely would not produce any evidence of this correspondence, or the identity of the accuser, and deleted the tweet that said it happened after about 20 minutes, which is a shame because I was in the process of linking it in a thread here.

I know John Whyte (The Consciousness beyond Chemtrails Conference organiser) used to think I was a shill (an "Orwellian Robot" was the term he used), but after meeting me at the conference he changed his mind. Likewise Robert Forgette and Fred Pinard (Chemtrails geoengineering lawsuit), who total my three Facebook Friends who are on the chemtrail side of the fence. So perhaps that was based on an old exchange which is no longer valid.

And for the record, I'm not a paid shill. I'm not paid for anything I do on Metabunk or ContrailScience.

I know John Whyte (The Consciousness beyond Chemtrails Conference organiser) used to think I was a shill (an "Orwellian Robot" was the term he used), but after meeting me at the conference he changed his mind. Likewise Robert Forgette and Fred Pinard (Chemtrails geoengineering lawsuit), who total my three Facebook Friends who are on the chemtrail side of the fence. So perhaps that was based on an old exchange which is no longer valid.

And for the record, I'm not a paid shill. I'm not paid for anything I do on Metabunk or ContrailScience.

I think all of us could go on the record and say that as well, at least for activity on Metabunk.

You just seem like some [guy] who believes his views are correct and above all others.

For example.. your "debunking" of WTC7 was nothing more than you regurgitating MSM talking points. And trying to ram those down peoples throats as "fact", when there has been more than sufficient proof to prove it otherwise.

I wouldn't waste my time on this site, because it seems like a bunch of closed mined people come here to pat each other on the back, and convince themselves that there is "nothing to see here".

You just seem like some [guy] who believes his views are correct and above all others.

For example.. your "debunking" of WTC7 was nothing more than you regurgitating MSM talking points. And trying to ram those down peoples throats as "fact", when there has been more than sufficient proof to prove it otherwise.

I wouldn't waste my time on this site, because it seems like a bunch of closed mined people come here to pat each other on the back, and convince themselves that there is "nothing to see here".

Well, I'd be more than happy to have you point out any actual errors, and to discuss them. I'm certainly just some guy, but I don't believe in my views, I believe in verifiable evidence.

Was looking for some place to post this, which was just put on CGS today, and what do you know....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/globalskywatch/permalink/10153990598010302/?stream_ref=2
Dont' you just ove the truth? Yes, actually I do. Too bad there is none in this post.

I'm a disinfo agent on a payroll???!!!! Mick where is my paycheck for the past year??? It's funny because I don't know how many views this site gets but my site averages about 50,000 views a month. I have no ads and pay $8 a month to keep the site operational...

It's not hard to build a community of people who are passionate about a topic. As long as you don't agree with them, they will hate you for trying to find other people that think like you instead of believing as they do.

Even better, why would it matter? Metabunk is Open Source debunking: Before a claim is marked as 'debunked,' someone -- or several someones -- has stepped through a point-by-point refutation. Any external reference is cited; processes are documented; often, proofs or counter-claims are doubly or trebly provided. Unlike many (most?) pro-bunk sites, which often yank non-believers' posts immediately, dissenting voices are welcomed. (Admittedly, they are also subjected to the same level of de-BSing as any other message posted here, which for some may be a new and unwelcome experience.)

What I'm getting at is it wouldn't matter if Metabunk was run by the CIA or NSA (although it would definitely represent a significant step up in quality, given the vast majority of historically CIA-sponsored publications*) -- or the IRS or GRU or PTA or NCC, because everything is done in the open. For lovers of the truth, this is a good, if occasionally painful, thing. For those more concerned about how many 'followers' they have or who mistakenly place the emphasis in 'esoteric knowledge' on the first, rather than the second, term, maybe not so much.
* Actually, as some of the Snowden documents made clear, your favorite chemtrail site is far more likely to be an NSA/GCHQ front than Metabunk -- assuming you believe Metabunk's politics [note: an oxymoron] are congruent with the status quo. (And, if you believe that, you've not read enough of Metabunk.) Historically, though, while the intelligence services may have encouraged/sponsored/funded/co-opted more-or-less mainstream publications and media personnel, they've rarely found it worthwhile to create such a beast from whole cloth. On the other hand, though, they do have a history of genning up supposed anti-establishment voices, either in order to dilute authentic opposition or to introduce patently false and/or absurd arguments into the public debate in an attempt to discredit more worthwhile criticism. Get enough people incensed over grays or chemtrails or lizard people, and maybe they won't pay as much attention to such things as state-sponsored drug trafficking or capital flight or governmental waste and corruption.

Error - satellite/date requested (terra/2011052) is not available for subset "USA7".
It seems that date is too old now. Julian Day 52 in 2011.

Back